Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Here to subscribe.

You burgers and cheese look gorge! I'd never thought of having the burger without the bun. Defo going to have that in the future :)

Wish I could take the credit for the burger without a bun idea but I saw it on a blog and thought that it was a sensible way to leave my HEB for other things.

Colleague took me for breakfast this morning and managed to stick to plan (mostly); poached egg, beans, plum tomatoes and mushrooms with one of those small frozen hash browns. I'm counting it at about 5 syns and it could be more but I'm not planning on having any more syns today so I'm not too worried about it.

Lunch today is more of the carrot and lentil soup with a kiwi and activia 0% yogurt and dinner is going to be some linda mccartney red onion sausages with some homity pie and some added veg on the side.

OH is talking about going out for dinner on Friday night but he won't tell me where so I can't plan what I should be eating for the rest of the day!

Behold the yummyness of sausages and homity pie. Will point out that I only ate about 2/3 of the homity pie and 2 of the sausages but all of the broccoli so it's all good:

IMG-20131127-00101.jpg

Desert is a couple of Alpen Light bars as my HEA for the day.

So I'm back again after taking the whole of December off for binging purposes. Because of this I'm back to my old weight of 12 stone 7 lbs! I really don't feel good for it either, I feel so heavy and sluggish and just FAT!

I now have even more incentive to lose the weight as DF is looking to start planning our wedding for October...this year! Well maybe, we have to wait and see what's available at our shortlisted venues.

So starting Monday I've been firmly on the wagon. Been having magic porridge for breakfast with Apple and berries, spinach and broccoli soup for lunch and dinners have been Linda McCartney's red onion sausages with homity pie and then tonight I had smoked salmon pasta with peas, courgette and cream cheese.

I look forward to finally getting to my goal once and for all!

So after my first week (again!) back on the wagon, I've only gone and lost 3.8 lbs! Feeling very pleased with myself and feeling very motivated to carry on!

It helps that the DF is actually liking the food, to the point that we're having homity pie again tonight for what feels like the 3rd time in 2 weeks! I'm having mine with Sainsbury BGTY sausages though; at only 0.5 syns each, I couldn't say no to a proper sausage. Going to pick up some WW petit pains as well so I can have a proper sausage sandwich for lunch tomorrow too! Will be going back to regular daily food diary updates starting tomorrow.

Thanks guys! Spent today recovering from my awful headache yesterday by running around at work trying to sort out lots of problems! Didn't leave much chance for eating but managed to stay on plan: magic porridge with plums, vegetable and lentil soup, and then some vegetable risotto tonight. I've even managed to find time to make some millionaires shortbread for a colleague's birthday tomorrow. Might even let myself try a little bit tomorrow!

So I fell off the wagon (yet again) but I find that if I make the effort to post here, then I stay on track. So here I am again!

Today has been very on plan:

Breakfast - Activia 0% fat yogurt, banana, 2 plums

Lunch - Pea and ham soup, kiwi fruit

Dinner - Cottage pie, mixed veg

Snacks - Orange, 2 Alpen light bars (HEB), milk in tea (HEA), shredded chicken breast.

Oh and I have some really exciting news: we've set a wedding date! 29th October 2015 and the venue is gorgeous! I'm determined to look amazing on my wedding day and this gives me plenty of time to feel happy with myself and comfortable on my big day!

Today I haven't been able to stop eating! Have stayed on plan though:

Breakfast - Magic Porridge, 2 plums and a banana

Lunch - Pea and Ham soup, salad

Dinner - Mushroom risotto, grated courgette, low low and salad

Snacks - Kiwi, orange, alpen light bar (3 syns), cup of tea (0.5 syns), Sainsbury's hot chocolate (3.5 syns), gherkins

HEA - Low Low
HEB - Oats
Syns - 7 syns

Have enough risotto left over for lunch tomorrow and then I'm going to try making the fake donner kebab for dinner. Not usually a fan of kebabs but I'm kind of looking forward to it!

Thanks hun!

Today has been slow at work and I'm currently unwinding by watching some Breaking Bad (I know I'm late to the party). Food today has looked like this:

Breakfast - Magic porridge, 2 plums

Lunch - leftover risotto from last night with salad (mixed leaves, cucumber and beetroot)

Snacks - banana, orange, kiwi

And dinner was this lovely lot

1392233866643.jpg

Fake donner kebab with salad and pitta. Only had white pitta so going to syn the entire meal for 15 syns to cover it.

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - oats

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yesterday was not a good day. Spent it in a kind of anxious and grumpy haze for no reason. Managed to stay on plan though:

Breakfast - magic porridge, 2 plums

Lunch - the last of the pea and ham soup, salad of mixed leaves, beetroot, cucumber

Dinner - paella from the sw website

Snacks - kiwi, banana and Saintsbury's hot chocolate (3.5 syns). Oh and had milk in my tea throughout the day.

Sorry these posts are so boring, I only really have time to write them while on the train to work and at 7am my brain really isn't functioning too well!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So my motivation has returned from the depths and I'm back on track. Might have something to do with going to a wedding fair at the weekend and seeing so many pretty dresses that I definitely can't fit into at the moment!

DF also decided he wanted to go vegetarian for the week so I'm on the green days which are so much easier in a way than extra easy to be honest.

So far today has consisted of:

Breakfast - Bran Flakes (HEB) with skimmed milk, Banana and Shape 0% yogurt (prefer these to the muller lights as they are creamier)

Lunch - Brocolli and spinach soup, 1 laughing cow light blue cheese (1.5 syns), cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery

Dinner - Pepper stuffed with quorn mince, with 'mexican rice' (rice, peppers, red onion, chicken stock, fajita mix)

Snacks - 2 alpen light bars (HEB) and 3 Babybel lights (HEA), 2 clementines and a kiwi fruit. Have also had the remainder of my milk in cups of tea throughout the day.

Today was once again a slow day at work so I managed to get out and go for a walk at lunch without the fear that my bleep would go off!

Food wise I've gone for Extra Easy today as I really fancy a fry up for dinner but didn't have any Linda McCartney sausages, so have to make do with the Sainsbury ones.

Breakfast - Shape 0% fat yogurt, banana

Lunch - Spinach and Broccoli soup, laughing cow extra light blue cheese (1.5 syns), celery, cucumber and cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Sainsbury BGTY sausages x 2 (1 syn), 2 quorn bacon style rashers (1 syn), baked beans, 2 eggs fired in frylight and a pile of grilled mushrooms and tomatoes

Snacks - 2 alpen light bars (HEB), 3 Babybel light (HEA)

And on that note, I'm going off to cook my dinner!

Hi everyone! With the stress of leaving my old job and starting the new one, I fell off the wagon again. However I am pleased to report that I am back to 12 stone 5 after kind of being on plan last week, meaning that I'm at the same point I was at the start of February. This week I've been 100% on plan and experimenting with the combinations of food so I don't get bored. I think I do a lot better when I actually keep a food diary so here's today's:

27th March: Extra Easy

Breakfast - Oats (HEB), fat free natural yogurt, banana and honey (1 syn)

Lunch - 2 x dark rye ryvita (3 syns), cucumber, cherry tomatoes, low fat cottage cheese, chopped chicken breast

Dinner - Baked trout fillet with probably the best stir fry I've ever made (green pepper, leek, baby corn, mange tout, radishes and soy sauce)

Then I finished off the day with my HEA of milk in tea and a cup of hot chocolate (3.5 syns). Star week has started today so I might not be on for much of a loss this week but as long as I stick to plan I don't mind.

Weighed in on Friday and I'd put 2lbs back on. I think it may have had something to do with the dinner I had at Strada, where I had no choice but to go for something that definitely wasn't on plan. I'm allergic to chilli so couldn't go for any of the tomato based pasta dishes because they couldn't guarantee there wouldn't be chilli in it. Then they weren't so keen on modifying any of the other dishes for me so ended up with chicken breast, rocket and a creamy mushroom sauce. Plus it was star week too which didn't help.

I'm firmly back on it this week and starting off with:

Monday 7th April - Green

Breakfast
- Activia 0% fat peach yogurt, banana, pear

Snack - Cherry tomatoes

Lunch - Spinach and Broccoli soup (Spinach, broccoli, veg stock), 2 dark rye ryvita (HEB), 4 laughing cow light blue cheese triangles (HEA)

Snack - Celery, 2 clementines

Dinner - Stir fry veg with noodles, soy sauce

Snack - Hot chocolate made with my other HEA of milk and a shot of sweet freedom choc shot (1.5 syns) and some fruit (kiwi, strawberry, blueberries) and another activia 0% fat yogurt.

Colleague has just come back into the office with something that smells amazing for lunch. I'm resisting the urge to ask her what it is as I'll just end up tempted by bad things!

Having another Green day today. Had a craving for porridge this morning but when I got to work, the microwave wasn't working. So just added some boiling water to the oats and added some milk. Wasn't the nicest thing I've ever eaten but it kind of killed the cravings. On to the actual plan for today:

Tuesday 8th April - Green

Breakfast - 30g oats (HEB) with 100ml semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEA), strawberries and blueberries

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Spinach and broccoli soup, 2 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (1/2 HEA), cherry tomatoes and cucumber

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, grated cheese (HEA), mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, gherkins and a tablespoon of Sainsbury's BGTY deli coleslaw (think this is about 2 - 3 syns)

Snack - Kiwi fruit and a cup of tea with a dash of milk (because I think I have like 25mls left from my first HEA today)

Need to work out how much cheese I can have for my other HEA when I get in and then work out the syns for the coleslaw too. Really looking forward to dinner tonight. It will be a nice reward after my workout!

Hey hun popping in to subscribe, looking forward to following you on your journey. Enjoy your yummy tea. I love jacket potatoes! x

Thanks Bev, It was amazingly good. Who knew cottage cheese and cheese was such a good combination on a jacket!

Have to go to a different site for a meeting this afternoon but the way the free bus service works, I'll be gone from 11:30 and I might not make it back before I have to head home! Hopefully I can find a computer to hot desk from as I have a few bits and pieces to be cracking on with. The other site has an amazing restaurant with the best salad bar I've seen so I'm going to take full advantage of it at lunchtime.

Wednesday 9th April (Week 1 Day 3) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Activia 0% fat yogurt, banana, strawberries

Lunch - Salad (lots of superfree hopefully depending on what's there)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - No idea! I have some trout and mushrooms to use up. Might cook some pasta with chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and peas and have the trout with it (plus some salad)

Snack - Cheese (HEA) on toast (HEB), blueberries and a kiwi

That's the plan anyway, we shall see what happens!

Back