Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

So yesterday kind of went to plan. Lunch consisted of a salad comprising of rocket, peppers, tomato, cucumber and cottage cheese. Then my 1.5 hour meeting turned into a 2.5 hour meeting, meaning I had to wait 45 minutes for the bus back to my office, and then begin the hour journey home after that! As soon as I got in I put my trout int he oven to bake and then set about making some potato wedges because I wanted stodge! Trout was ready way before the wedges so I ate that on it's own and then by the time the wedges were done I was really peckish again so threw a tin of baked beans on them and topped with my HEA of cheese. Finished it off with 2 clementines!

Today is my last day in the office this week as I'm taking my dad to hospital tomorrow for some minor surgery. Mostly in meetings again all day today so that should make things go quickly!

Right on to the plan for today:

Thursday 10th April (Week 1 Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Activia 0% fat yogurt, banana

Snack - 2 pears

Lunch - Mixed leaf salad, red onion, tomato, cucumber, grilled chicken

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Goulash (extra lean casserole steak, beef stock, peppers, herbs and spices), rice, 2 herby dumplings (8 syns? need to double check!), mixed vegetables

Snack - strawberries dipped in choc shot (1.5 syns)

As it's practically Friday for me, I thought I'd actually have some syns today since I haven't really had any the rest of the week!

So after doing so well all week, I went off plan this weekend in a big way. Got myself all stressed over my dad (even though it all went really well) and ended up pigging out on fish and chips, wine and cheesecake among other things. Weighed in this morning and have STS this week which is something I guess. I'm going to kick start my metabolism with Kay's soup challenge. I've made my first batch - carrot, swede, celery, leek, kale, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Kind of looking forward to it actually!

So after doing so well all week, I went off plan this weekend in a big way. Got myself all stressed over my dad (even though it all went really well) and ended up pigging out on fish and chips, wine and cheesecake among other things. Weighed in this morning and have STS this week which is something I guess. I'm going to kick start my metabolism with Kay's soup challenge. I've made my first batch - carrot, swede, celery, leek, kale, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Kind of looking forward to it actually!

Sorry I'm late popping in hun. Here to sub ! :D We will all be popping by to give you encouragement now Emma. Well done for preparing for the challenge and taking control to turn things around. I know you will do super well hun ! I wanted to wish you good luck and hope your aware tomorrow is DAY 1 meaning a RED DAY and NO CARBS, hope you had your carb fix today :p. If you have any questions as you go along the challenge feel free to ask me anytime hun. :)

Kay xx

Hiya , just popping by to welcome you to the soup challenge , it's great to have other people joining in this time , gotta love all the help and support and motivation we can all share , xx

Thanks guys, your support means a lot!

Right so Day 1 of the Soup Challenge and so far it's going ok (it is only 9:15 after all). Breakfast wasn't any different from usual really - yogurt and fruit and then I have my usual snacks of salad bits etc. So the plan for today is:

Monday 14th April (Week 2 Day 1) - Red

Breakfast - Fat free natural yogurt, 57g dried figs (HEB), 2 kiwis and some (31!) blueberries, black coffee

Snack - Pear

Lunch - Vegetable soup (kale, carrot, swede, leek, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock), salad nibbles (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrot sticks, celery)

Snack - Boiled egg, seafood sticks

Dinner - Chilli con carne, salad and grated cheese (HEA)

Snack - 2 clementines

I was going to have the boiled egg with my breakfast but the office was unusually full this morning and I feel a bit weird peeling and eating an egg in front of lots of people. So I thought I'd have it when I get home from work to fule me ready for my 40 minute workout that I MUST DO today. Have my 1 litre bottle of water all filled up and ready to go. Plan to get through that before lunch and then refill it for the afternoon. Trying to think about how I can get a second (non-carb) HEB in there that isn't more figs? Any ideas?

I'm so tired. Spent a majority of last night at the hospital as DF got hit in the head at cricket practice. Normally it wouldn't be such an issue but he's epileptic and he started getting the same kind of symptoms he usually gets just before a seizure. Luckily he's ok, just tired and his head hurts. Didn't get back till almost 3am and now I have to go to work. Taking my time over it though (hence checking mins while my hair dries a bit!) After day 1 of the soup challenge I feel good and I'm ready to bring on day 2!

15th April (Week 2 Day 2) - Green

Breakfast - Porridge oats, skimmed milk, banana (HEB & HEA)

Snack - Pear

Lunch - Vegetable soup, salad (same as yesterday)

Snack - 2 Clementines

Dinner - Kale, Sweet potato and chick pea curry with salad

I know I've had my carbs in the porridge this morning but I need to use the sweet potato up and plus they're lower carb than usual potatoes! Right I'm off to get ready for work. Hope I don't fall asleep at my desk!

I'm so tired. Spent a majority of last night at the hospital as DF got hit in the head at cricket practice. Normally it wouldn't be such an issue but he's epileptic and he started getting the same kind of symptoms he usually gets just before a seizure. Luckily he's ok, just tired and his head hurts. Didn't get back till almost 3am and now I have to go to work. Taking my time over it though (hence checking mins while my hair dries a bit!) After day 1 of the soup challenge I feel good and I'm ready to bring on day 2! 15th April (Week 2 Day 2) - Green Breakfast - Porridge oats, skimmed milk, banana (HEB & HEA) Snack - Pear Lunch - Vegetable soup, salad (same as yesterday) Snack - 2 Clementines Dinner - Kale, Sweet potato and chick pea curry with salad I know I've had my carbs in the porridge this morning but I need to use the sweet potato up and plus they're lower carb than usual potatoes! Right I'm off to get ready for work. Hope I don't fall asleep at my desk!

Oh ruby glad all ok,
Hope work passes quick for you Hun xx
Menu looks tasty today x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks von! Got into work and manager said she was surprised to see me (did email her at about 2 am while were still at the hospital) and that I can leave early today if I want. Going to try and stick it out till about 4 but depends on how tired I am. Managed to defer 2 of my meetings so just 1 to actually sit in and it shouldn't be too bad. Have just had a whole pile of work thrown at me though so better get cracking!

Aww poor you Ruby, what a nightmare with your OH, hope he's okay! Bet you feel so tired today, hope work has gone nice and quick for you.

Glad you're enjoying the soup challenge so far, I'm also on day 2 and I'm loving it!
xx

Thanks Bev. Managed to leave work early today and DF is still feeling a bit delicate today but he's going to be fine.

Have just had possibly the best curry I've ever made:

IMG_20140415_184154.jpg

It was so yummy and I definitely didn't miss the rice (although it would be nice with it at a later date!) The recipe was on the Waitrose website if you search for kale and chickpea curry. I think what made it so yummy was the sweet potato. Feeling rather full now so going to have a cup of tea using the remainder of my milk allowance for the day and curl up on the sofa with House of Cards.

Thanks Bev. Managed to leave work early today and DF is still feeling a bit delicate today but he's going to be fine.

Have just had possibly the best curry I've ever made:

View attachment 133769

It was so yummy and I definitely didn't miss the rice (although it would be nice with it at a later date!) The recipe was on the Waitrose website if you search for kale and chickpea curry. I think what made it so yummy was the sweet potato. Feeling rather full now so going to have a cup of tea using the remainder of my milk allowance for the day and curl up on the sofa with House of Cards.

Wow that curry looks yummy hun :p, well done your doing fab on the challenge ! Hope your finding it ok. Looking forward to seeing your post on the Soup thread :D. Try and have an early night tonight hun so you can catch up on some sleep and get good rest :).

Kay xx

Morning everyone. Feeling a lot better today after a long sleep. Actually forgot to set my alarm last night but I guess my body's used to getting up for work because I still woke up at 5:45. DF still has a headache, which could last a couple of weeks according to the info he got from the hospital, but he's feeling a lot better in himself. I know it's only day 3 but I'm don't feel like I'm depriving myself by reducing my carb intake. Yes it would be nice to have pasta and potatoes for lunch and dinner and just do extra easy for a while, but I'm starting to see that I don't need to eat all of that. I think when the challenge is over, I'll definitely be cutting down the amount of carbs I eat. Can't wait to have a jacket potato at some point next week though! On to the plan for today:

16th April (Week 2, Day 3) - Red

Breakfast - Fat free natural yogurt with 2 kiwis, mixed berries and dried figs (HEB)

Snack - 2 pears

Lunch - Vegetable Soup and salad (cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber, carrot).

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Pizza topped chicken (HEA), corn on the cob, mushrooms and salad

Snack - Seafood sticks and a boiled egg if I'm still hungry!

I think I made enough soup to last me for the entire 7 days! I put it in a massive tub and I still have more than half left after taking out today's portion! I haven't tried the pizza topped chicken before but OH had a pizza last night and it's left me with a craving. He seems keen to try it out too but will have to cook some potato wedges for him as he doesn't eat corn or mushrooms.

Why did I never try Pizza Topped Chicken before? It was so yummy! Even DF liked it! Swapped the corn for green beans though as they didn't have any in the shop when I popped in after work. DF went to the chinese and bought himself a portion of chips to go with his as he didn't feel like eating vegetables apparently. Showed great restraint and didn't eat a single one! Snacked on some ham later on because I felt so hungry, not quite sure why. Now on to today

17th April (Week 2, Day 4) - Green

Breakfast - Fat free natural yogurt, 3 kiwis, dried figs (HEB)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Vegetable soup (I think there's only 2 more portions left so I can make something new on Sunday!), salad (cherry tomatoes, carrot, celery, cucumber)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Quorn Bolognese (chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms), grated cheese (HEA), green beans, salad and maybe 50g of pasta

Snack - Pear

Really can't wait for today to be over as I'm starting to feel like I need a break; the last couple of weeks have been quite tough to say the least. On the plus side only 2 and a half weeks till DF's 30th birthday and I may have some exciting plans for him.

Yay for a long weekend! So far today I've done nothing! Sitting on the sofa with the DF watching Modern Family and drinking my water. Plan for today is:

18th April (Week 2, Day 5) - Red

Breakfast - 2 eggs fried in frylite, mushrooms

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Soup, salad, grilled chicken

Dinner - Steak, mushrooms, green beans, salad

Snack - 2 clementines

Thanks Kay! Happy Easter to you too!

Spent yesterday doing not very much again! Went food shopping and then went to a friend's house for board game night (exciting I know!) So food wise yesterday looked like this:

19th April (Week 2, Day 6) - Green

Breakfast - Porridge (HEA, HEB), banana

Lunch - Pea soup, celery, cucumber

Dinner - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, grated cheese (HEA), salad

Snack - Shape 0% yogurt

And then today I weighed in, because Sunday is my usual weigh in day and I've lost 5lbs! Can't quite believe it! I knew I was feeling a lot less bloated and a tiny bit slimmer but had no idea that I'd lost so much! Still keeping up with the soup challenge and going for my last red day today.

20th April (Week 2, Day 7) - Red

Breakfast - 2 bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomatoes, egg

Lunch - Pea soup, celery and cucumber dipped in low low (HEA)

Dinner - Roast Pork, mixed veg

Snack - kiwis, figs (HEB) and natural fat free yogurt.

Hey Emma, sorry hun I was out today, just got back, well done on your fab loss, I'm so happy for you, 5lbs is amazing !! I will be updating the results spreadsheet tomorrow . I just wanted to ask, do u want me to put you down for 6 days and a 5lb loss or 7 days like the other girls and you'll weigh in tomorrow morning ? who knows you might even get 5.5lbs :D

Kay xx

I weighed in again this morning and total loss is 5.2lbs which takes me under 12 stone now!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Omg Emma ! :party0019::party0019: Whoop whoop ! Another fantastic result ! You girls are on fire !! :D So so happy for you Emma, all your hard work has paid off on the Soup Challenge ! Amazing hun !!! :p Going to update your results now ! :D

Kay xx

Back