Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot!

I was so tired this morning on my way to work that I even fell asleep on the train. However I jumped straight into work once I got here and I'm feeling quite energised now (until the post lunch dip). Didn't manage to go food shopping last night so raided the fridge to make some SW leek and potato soup to take for lunches this week. Won't get a chance to go to the supermarket till tomorrow night now since I am determined to try and start working out tonight, although I suppose I could go afterwards; it all depends on what time I get home from work tonight!

Food wise, today is a bit of a mish mash:

13th May (Week 6, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Choc and orange muller light

Lunch - Leek and potato soup, 2 ryvita (HEB), 2 clementines

Snack - Grapes, pineapple fingers and a boiled egg

Dinner - Baked chicken breast with courgette frittas (HEA for the cheese in them) and salad

And if I come on here tomorrow and say that I haven't managed to start my workout programme, you all have permission to give me a virtual kick up the bum so I do it tomorrow!

So you can all have a go at me; I didn't manage to do my work out last night. Ended up having to stay late at work and then thanks to a lightning strike near one of the signalling boxes, I ended up stuck at a station that was no where near where I needed to be! Consequently I didn't get home till really late and just wanted some food and then to go to bed. Couldn't be bothered making courgette frittas so ended up grating a courgette into some golden rice, adding some mushrooms and then grilling my chicken and serving with salad leaves. Today I WILL go to the supermarket and then I'll have lots of nice things to eat. Starting to miss the variety!

14th May (Week 6, Day 3) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Activia 0% strawberry yogurt, banana

Snack - Grapes

Lunch - Leek and Potato soup, 2 ryvita (HEB), sliced turkey and 2 laughing cow blue cheese triangles (1/2 HEA)

Snack - Pineapple fingers

Dinner - Either a stir fry or a curry, haven't quite decided yet!

Morning Ruby :), sorry u got stuck late at work and the terrible weather, its no wonder u must have been starving by the time u got home. Considering all of that, I think u did really well hun. At least you'll be able to do a good food shop today. Variety definitely helps me stay on track too :p. Your foodage for today looks fab. Hope you have a great week ahead :D .

Kay xx

Thanks again Kay! You're always so positive!

Got home from work last night to see an invitation to a friend's wedding in 9 weeks time. So started thinking about what I could wear and realised I had the perfect dress in my wardrobe that I've never even worn. I always knew it would be a 'slim into it' job but it still doesn't fit! Rather than dwelling on it, it's spurred me on even more to actually stick to plan, start exercising and try to fit into this dress! Not sure I can actually lose enough weight for it to do up in 9 weeks but I shall give it a jolly good go, and if not I'll make an emergency run to Debenhams the weekend before and save it for another wedding that's happening towards the end of the year.

After all that I went for a brief (40 minute) walk after dinner last night and I will be starting my proper work out program tonight. DF's at cricket so I can take over the living room for an hour! Ended up having a turkey stir fry with 1.5 syns of oyster sauce in there and it was delicious! On to today's food:

15th May (Week 6, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Special K Apple granola (HEB), Activia 0% raspberry yogurt, strawberries

Snack - Cucumber and carrot sticks

Lunch - Giant cous cous, roasted vegetables (peppers, courgette, red onion with balsamic vinegar), spinach and pesto (2 syns)

Snack - Banana and clementines

Dinner - BGTY Sausages (1 syn), pasta, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, extra light Philadelphia cheese (HEA)

Snack - Pineapple fingers

Made a massive bowl of the cous cous mixture so will have that for lunch for the next couple of days. Oh and the Special K granola is delicious. Yes, 30g isn't a lot when you look at it but when mixed with yogurt and fruit it's more satisfying than overnight oats in my opinion!

Be proud of me minimins friends; I actually managed to start my work out program last night! It's a four week low impact program to ease me back into the idea of working out on a regular basis. Plus my knees are not in the best of shape at the moment so low impact is the way forward. I have to say I did feel the burn and my shoulders are aching this morning but I feel good for doing it. Tonight is an arm day with some Pilates like stretching afterwards. I'm quite looking forward to it! Food wise it's a bit of a repeat of yesterday:

16th May (Week 6, Day 5) - Green

Breakfast - Special K Granola (HEB), activia 0% strawberry yogurt, strawberries

Lunch - Giant cous cous, roasted vegetables (peppers, courgette, red onion, balsamic vinegar), spinach and pesto (2 syns)

Snack - banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Pasta Bake (pasta, peppers, chopped tomatoes, herbs and HEA of cheese x 2), salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion)

Think that will be enough to power me through the rest of the day! Hope you're all enjoying the wonderful weather. I'm still wearing black tights to work because I'm not ready to get my legs out just yet!

Well done on exercise -I really must start doing some but waiting to see orthopaedic consultant about mt back and neck first so just gentle walking and swimming for now

I love swimming Caz, but it a bit too expensive here for me to go on a regular basis. Might try and go to the lido though now that the weather's getting nicer.

Have carried on with the work out program and have one more work out to do today (once I've had another cup of tea) and then that's week 1 done! 2 rest days and then straight back to week 2 on Wednesday. Feeling full of energy and determined to finish the 4 weeks. Once I've finished this it will be straight into an 8 week program and we'll see what happens after that.

Yesterday's food looked like this:

17th May (Week 6, Day 6) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 BGTY sausages (1 syn), 2 eggs fried in frylite, cherry tomatoes, baked beans

Snack - Special K Granola (HEB), frozen activia 0% yogurt, strawberries

Lunch - Mixed salad leaves, cucumber, beetroot, tuna

Dinner - Pizza topped chicken (chopped tomatoes, onion, red pepper, tomato puree), cheese (HEA), rocket, cherry tomatoes, potato wedges

Also had a bud light for 4 syns which seemed to go straight to my head! Definitely don't have a head for alcohol anymore.

On to today's food:

18th May (Week 6, Day 7) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 BGTY sausages (1 syn), 2 eggs fried in frylite, cherry tomatoes, baked beans

Lunch - Pasta, chopped tomatoes, rocket (a LOT of rocket), 2 BGTY sausages (1 syn), balsamic vinegar

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - No idea! Have to wait for DF to get back from cricket so we can go food shopping. Thinking maybe a babybel burger but we'll have to wait and see.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. After my workout yesterday I went for a walk and ended up out in the sun for 2 hours and I wasn't exactly going slow. Think I'm going to spend the rest of today doing a bit of cleaning and then chilling out with the DF. Also have to say that a frozen activia yogurt is amazing, they're so thick and creamy that it's just like ice cream but without the syns!

Afternoon Ruby :), your foodage looks fab hun and well done on all the body magic ! Hope you enjoy your Sunday in the sun :p xx

Thanks Kay! Didn't really get to spend too much time in the sun yesterday as DF decided we needed to do a bit of a spring clean. Oh well, it's all adding towards the body magic I suppose! Ended up having babybel burgers last night with a roll that was a little bit bigger than my HEB should have been and then they had run out of the BGTY deli style coleslaw in Sainsburys and I also had a beer so ended up over my syns for the day.

Doesn't really matter because I still lost 2 lbs this morning when I weighed in! Takes me back to exactly 12 stone now and I know I can power through and possibly get to 11 stone 7lbs by my friend's wedding in 9 weeks time. Maybe the dreaded dress will fit at that point (I seriously doubt it but one can only dream!)

Apparently it's going to be about 25 degrees where my office is today. Luckily I'm in the basement so it's naturally a bit cooler down here. Haven't got the courage to get my legs out just yet so I'm still wearing the black tights to work but with a very floaty and lightweight vintage dress on.

As it's hot, I don't really fancy eating much but have still brought along lots of yummy things to work today:

19th May (Week 7, Day 1) - Green

Breakfast - Melon, activia 0% yogurt, Special K Granola (HEB)

Snack - 2 mini babybel (HEA)

Lunch - Quinoa, soya beans, peas, roasted vegetables (peppers, courgette, onion), mixed salad leaves, banana

Snack - Cucumber and cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Stir fry (mixed vegetables, soy sauce, chinese five spice) with wholewheat noodles

Looking back at it, there's a lot there actually! Looking at a potential syn free day so I'm really happy with that after yesterday. Hope you all have a good day!

So much for the heat not making me hungry, I think I may actually be coming down with something. Could barely stomach my lunch and feel very lethargic with a scratchy throat and a headache. Only have 2.5 hours to get through so hopefully it will go quickly. Really can't face any food at the moment so going to stick to water and lots of it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning everyone. Really wasn't feeling too good yesterday; didn't eat my lunch, snacks or dinner yesterday. Ended up snacking on some chicken when I got home, then had a craving for chocolate so had a banana with 1.5 syns of choc shot over it and then felt really hungry a bit later on so had a pasta and sauce with a side of broccoli. Woke up today feeling ok so again, not really sure what was going on.

Food wise, today looks like this:

20th May (Week 7, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Activia 0% yogurt, banana

Lunch - Mixed salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, coleslaw (3 syns)

Snack - 2 clemetines

Dinner - Smoked Salmon pasta (pasta, smoked salmon, mushrooms, broccoli, peas, cream cheese) (HEA)

Hope you all have a good day!

Ended up doing a 10 hour day at work yesterday! Some people really need to start thinking about the information they need in advance of their deadlines. Was so tired when I got home that I just about managed to make dinner and then crawl into bed. Still very tired today but I have to start the second week of working out tonight. Oh the joy! Onto food for today:

21st May (Week 7, Day 3) - Green

Breakfast - Activia 0% yogurt, banana

Lunch - Salad from the canteen

Snack - clementines, boiled egg

Dinner - Stir fry with quorn chicken style pieces and wholewheat noodles.

Hope you all have a great day!

This week is turning into a manic one! Haven't really stopped since last Friday to be honest. Decided to give the exercise plan a miss this week and start again on Monday. Didn't get home till late again yesterday and was so exhausted from work that there was no way I could summon the energy. Going out with some of the work girls tonight so won't have time then (don't worry I'm sticking to diet coke!) and then tomorrow we're going out for a meal with some friends. On to today's food:

22nd May (Week 7, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), activia 0% yogurt, banana

Snack - Strawberries

Lunch - Salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, peppers), ham

Snack - Strawberries

Dinner - Stuffed peppers (peppers, rice, onion, HEA of cheese) with salad and mushrooms

I've gone back to eating dry weetabix. I used to do this as a child (and they're even better with butter on them!) and I find they fill me up more this way than if I had them with milk or something. I just eat them like bicuits really, is that strange?

Morning everyone! Ended up having 2 options hot chocolates last night (5 syns) because it was so cold and grey outside and I just fancied them! Going out for dinner tonight with friends to celebrate DF's 30th Birthday as we were away for it and also 2 of our friend's had birthdays this week too! Heading to Giraffe and I've already decided what I'm going to have. Not sure if it's going to have oil with it so counting about 5 syns for the meal, but not planning on having any other syns tonight so it shouldn't make a difference. What will make a difference is I think * week is arriving today so I'm going to be retaining water when I weigh in on Monday! Oh well, it can't be helped. On to the food:

23rd May (Week 7, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), activia 0% yogurt, banana

Lunch - Salad (mixed leaves, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber), grated cheese (HEA)

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Grilled Salmon with salad and herby green rice

Sticking to diet coke tonight as I'm sure DF will be getting rather drunk and one of us needs to be sober enough to get us home!

Hi Kay! It was indeed lovely: went to Frankie and Benny's with the parents and ended up eating a peanut butter sundae! Oh well still lost 2lbs this week! Will pop back to update properly later.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Kay! Was a bit of a shock as I've had more syns last week and I wasn't exercising but I'm not complaining! Did have a totally off plan day yesterday and it's star week this week so I'm not sure what the scales are going to say next Monday! Anyway back at work *groan* but at least it's miserable outside so I'm not missing any nice weather!

27th May (Week 8, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), strawberries

Snack - Activia 0% yogurt, blueberries

Lunch - Ham salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sweetcorn, red pepper, ham), celery sticks

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Linda McCartney Red onion sausages with Homity pie (HEA), broccoli

Snack - Hot chocolate (3.5 syns)

Going to start the exercise again tonight. Hoping that it's going to warm me up as it's been so cold in our flat over the past couple of days. Hope everyone's having a great week!

Morning everyone! Big day at work today as I have to do my first presentation to the board regarding the work I've been doing for the past couple of months! Not feeling too nervous as most of them have seen it already so all I have to do is demonstrate that the reports update when I click a button.

Only managed to do 30 of the 45 minutes exercise I was supposed to do last night. I think having a week off was a bad idea! Still I managed to perservere through most of it, I just missed the last lower back routine, which I might try and do along with tonight's leg workout. Also DF wanted chinese last night so I had chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice (6.5 syns) and then a couple of chips. Hopefully that's not too much damage! On to today's exciting feast:

28th May (Week 8, Day 3) - Red

Breakfast - Shape 0% yogurt, strawberries, blueberries

Lunch - Ham Salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, gherkins, ham, celery)

Snack - 2 weetabix (HEB), milk (HEA), banana

Dinner - 2 BGTY Sausages (2 syns), poached egg, mushrooms, beans.

Snack - 2 clementines

Having my weetabix as a pre-workout snack because I forgot to eat yesterday and I ended up feeling really light headed! Hope you all have a good day, it's almost the weekend!

Afternoon Ruby :),

Well done for getting yourself back into the body magic routine. I'm sure the calories your burning will help offset that naughty Chinese :D no harm done there. Hope your presentation at work goes well for you. Your food plan look fab ! Hoping you have a brill 100% week ahead and another smashing loss ! :p

Kay xx

Back