Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Thanks Kay! Have you ever thought about being a motivational speaker? You're always encouraging everyone to do their best! Presentation went well, but might have to do it all over again tomorrow to the team managers and they're not going to be as nice when they see the data I have. Oh well! Have started tracking my calories on MFP again just because I'm interested to see what I'm actually taking in. I appear to be very down for today (especially after the body magic) so I'll probably have some toast as a second HEB with dinner just so my body doesn't think I'm starving it!

Morning everyone! Is it just me or is this week dragging? Anyway, didn't end up having the weetabix yesterday, instead I had some pickled onions, chicken and my HEA of low fat cheese and then toast with my dinner (but no spread on it). Yesterday was a leg day exercise wise and my oh my are they aching today. Still it will all be worth it in the end!

29th May (Week 8, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), Shape 0% strawberry yogurt, strawberries

Lunch - Chicken Salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, chicken breast), celery sticks

Snack - 2 clementines, banana

Dinner - 3 Linda McCartney red onion sausages, homity pie (HEA), broccoli.

Might treat myself to a hot chocolate for 3.5 syns later on as well, but usually I can manage with just chamomile tea before bed. Also will probably be giving the soup challenge another go next week as I found it was a great way of speeding up my loss and I think I'm going to need a boost with all the exercise that's been going on.

Morning everyone! Is it just me or is this week dragging? Anyway, didn't end up having the weetabix yesterday, instead I had some pickled onions, chicken and my HEA of low fat cheese and then toast with my dinner (but no spread on it). Yesterday was a leg day exercise wise and my oh my are they aching today. Still it will all be worth it in the end!

29th May (Week 8, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEB), Shape 0% strawberry yogurt, strawberries

Lunch - Chicken Salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, chicken breast), celery sticks

Snack - 2 clementines, banana

Dinner - 3 Linda McCartney red onion sausages, homity pie (HEA), broccoli.

Might treat myself to a hot chocolate for 3.5 syns later on as well, but usually I can manage with just chamomile tea before bed. Also will probably be giving the soup challenge another go next week as I found it was a great way of speeding up my loss and I think I'm going to need a boost with all the exercise that's been going on.

Hey Ruby :p, me and Linda are doing the Salad Challenge next week, do you want to join us on that one, its just as effective as my soup one ? :):) xx

Hey Ruby :p, me and Linda are doing the Salad Challenge next week, do you want to join us on that one, its just as effective as my soup one ? :):) xx

Hehe go on then! It will be no different to this week, just less carbs!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hehe go on then! It will be no different to this week, just less carbs!

Yep but I might add some more to it, so don't speak too soon :D lol. If you really want to give it a real push for next week, I could do with a partner :):), hmm let me think, we will still do the salad challenge but I will add some bits to turbo charge our losses, hope your ready Ms Ruby, fasten your seatbelt :p ! xx

Yep but I might add some more to it, so don't speak too soon :D lol. If you really want to give it a real push for next week, I could do with a partner :):), hmm let me think, we will still do the salad challenge but I will add some bits to turbo charge our losses, hope your ready Ms Ruby, fasten your seatbelt :p ! xx

Not sure what I'm letting myself in for but OK I'll give it a go with you!

Not sure what I'm letting myself in for but OK I'll give it a go with you!

hehe, its not that bad hun, but it will keep us on our toes :p, I will update it either today or tomorrow on the Salad Challenge thread, so you can see the new rules. I start tomorrow, Von starts Sunday and I think you start Monday right ? because we all have different weigh in days xx

hehe, its not that bad hun, but it will keep us on our toes :p, I will update it either today or tomorrow on the Salad Challenge thread, so you can see the new rules. I start tomorrow, Von starts Sunday and I think you start Monday right ? because we all have different weigh in days xx

Your making me nervous lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your making me nervous lol

Positive thinking Vonnie ! Nothing to worry about lol. Ruby did fab on the last one and she will smash it again, as will u ! :D:D xx

Positive thinking Vonnie ! Nothing to worry about lol. Ruby did fab on the last one and she will smash it again, as will u ! :D:D xx

Yea we will be fine,
And it's great to have more company along the way , to cheer each other on
Put the Pom poms away Von :)

As I said on the salad thread, I think the challenge is doable. Really hoping for a good loss but we'll have to see what the scales say on the 9th June!

Arms are killing me today after a brutal strength work out last night. Tonight it's all about the abs and I'm really not looking forward to that! Have some friend's coming round for movie night after that so at least I have something to look forward to. Food wise today is looking like this:

30th May (Week 8, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 30g Special K granola, blueberries, shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Snack - Blueberries

Lunch - Ham Salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, ham)

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Baked sweet potato, beans, cheese (HEA), mushrooms, tomatoes and corn on the cob. Might have a couple of sausages as well (2 syns) depending on how hungry I feel after some body magic.

After all of that I definitely will not want any snacks for movie night! Might treat myself to a beer (4 syns) though. Hope you all have a great Friday! It's 10am and I'm bored already!

Morning Ruby :p, just popped by to say your doing fab with the body magic hun ! Hope you enjoy your movie :) and your dinner sounds yum ! I always find when my meals are filling I don't need to use too many syns. Hope you have a lovely day hun ! ;) xx

Thanks Kay! Ended up being dragged to the pub for lunch as its a colleagues birthday and being new here its kind of important that I make friends. Had a chicken and avocado salad that had a bit of dressing on it so I'm counting that as my syns for the day so won't have sausages tonight. Will actually have the salad I should have had at lunch with my sweet potato and the corn on the cob.

Afternoon everyone! I'm so glad it's a rest day today as I'm aching a lot from yesterdays work out and then the hour and a half walk into town and back afterwards. Lets just say that pulsing plie squats are the devils work. Just updating you on yesterday and todays food:

31st May (Week 8, Day 6) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 BGTY sausages (2 syns), eggs, baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes

Lunch - Cheese on toast (HEA & HEB), side salad

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese (extra lean mince, chopped tomatoes, peppers, red onion, grated courgette, herbs) and a tiny piece of cheesy garlic bread so that's my syns for the day!

1st June (Week 8, Day 7) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 BGTY sausages (2 syns), beans, mushrooms, egg

Lunch - Leftover spaghetti bolognese

Dinner - Pork Schnitzel (1.5 syns), roasted new potatoes, sauerkraut, red cabbage, broccoli

Picked up the new magazine yesterday and had to make something from it, hence the schnitzel tonight! All planned out for the salad challenge next week, quite excited for it to be honest, hoping for a good loss next week. Hope you're all having a good weekend, weigh in tomorrow morning!

Hey Ruby :p your foodage for the weekend looks fab hun. Good luck for weigh in tomorrow ! I hope you have a fab loss and good luck for Day 1 of the challenge too, looking forward to your yummy salad posts. I have heard a lot of good things about the new mag, I hope to pick it up on Thursday when I go to group. Hope you have a lovely evening hun and well done on all the body magic your fitting in, that's just smashing ! :D xx

0.5lb on this morning which I was kind of expecting to be honest. I've upped the exercise dramatically last week and lets just say I'm a little bloated...Hoping that the salad challenge this week will sort all of that out!

Legs are still sore from Saturday's workout so I'm glad I had my rest day yesterday and I can then do the 'optional' recovery workout tonight. Lots of stretching involved so I'll be all loose ready to get back into the main workouts tomorrow.

So day 1 of the salad challenge is looking like this:

2nd June (Week 9, Day 1) - Red

Breakfast - Strawberries, blueberries, dried figs (HEB), shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Snack - carrot and celery sticks

Lunch - Salad (mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, gherkins, cottage cheese)

Dinner - Pork Stir Fry (lean diced pork, mixed stir fry veg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chinese 5 spice)

Will then use my HEA as milk in my tea throughout the day. Also, I tried one of the skinny cappuccino mullerlights last night and I have to say I wasn't very keen. It seems to have a strange aftertaste to it. Not that I'm a fan of the muller's anyway as I think they're a bit watery. I prefer the shape and activia 0% yogurts as they're a bit creamier. Anyway hope you all have a great day!

Wow that sounds like a very strict day! well done on the willpower :) Bet you'll feel great tomorrow.

To be honest, if I wasn't doing the salad challenge the only differences would be adding some noodles to the stir fry and having some cereal with my fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Have to say that by now I would have eaten my veggie snacks but I haven't felt hungry till just now! Lunch time, bring on the salad!

To be honest, if I wasn't doing the salad challenge the only differences would be adding some noodles to the stir fry and having some cereal with my fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Have to say that by now I would have eaten my veggie snacks but I haven't felt hungry till just now! Lunch time, bring on the salad!

Yay ! brill your not feeling hungry hun, me neither. I always find carbs spike my sugar levels and make me hungry. All the protein and fibre in the challenge plus the exercise and water u do anyway is proper gonna kick it. The alternate carb days on the challenge, speeds up the metabolism too. Fab food diary today, hope your enjoy your salad hun ! :D xx

Morning everyone! It's so dull and dreary outside and I have meetings all over the place today! Public transport when it's raining is never fun. Oh well! Have realised that I sleep a lot better when I've done an intense workout so I'm rather glad that tonight's workout is about an hour! On to the food:

3rd June (Week 9, Day 2) - Green

Breakfast - Special K granola, strawberries and blueberries

Snack - Carrot and Celery sticks

Lunch - Cheese salad (mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese and grated cheese) (HEA), nectarine

Dinner - Cheesy veg (broccoli, leeks, peas, cauliflower and spinach covered in low low) (HEA)

Yes, I'm having 2 HEA's today because it's a green day and I can! Bit annoyed that I left my yogurt at home so couldn't have that with my breakfast this morning but it's ok, I can have it when I get home tonight I guess. Hope you all have a brilliant day, I'm off to stare at some spreadsheets again.

Back