Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Hey Ruby :D, where are you hun ? No post for yesterday ? Hope your still doing the challenge lovely :):) xx

Hi everyone (especially Kay!). Had a nightmare day at work yesterday and by the time I got home I could just about make some dinner and go to bed! Ended up not having the cheese with my salad at lunch (well it was 3pm by the time I could eat anything) so I had a whole tub of low low for my 2 HEA yesterday. Also had a chewy d for an extra HEB. Will go and update the salad challenge properly in a mo. On to today's food (and I've only just had lunch!)

4th June (Week 9, Day 3) - Red

Breakfast - Mullerlight vanilla yogurt, blueberries

Lunch - Chicken salad (spinach, watercress, grated carrot, beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber, sliced chicken breast)

Snack - Dried figs (HEB), banana

Dinner - Baked trout fillet with mixed veg (carrots, mange tout, broccoli)

Going to have my HEA as milk in tea when I get home. Didn't get a chance to start week 3 of the low impact work out program yesterday so I'm going to be doing it tonight. Kind of looking forward to it.

Oh and a NSV today: wearing my size 14 skinny jeans and they're a bit loose, as is the top I'm wearing which is usually a bit tight around the bust! And I got whistled at by a builder which hasn't happened to me in years.

Woooooop! Love your NSV ;) loose 14's is something to be very proud of! X

I totally agree :D, that's a fab NSV moment Ruby, your doing brill hun ! lol yes I've seen your post on the salad challenge thread now. Glad your still with us :):), sorry bout the nightmare day at work, hope today been better lovely xx

And another NSV today: those pesky size 14 skirts that I could be wearing to work actually fit! I can now do them up and sit down in them and they're comfortable and not straining to hold everything in and I'm not scared of ripping the seams every time I sit down! However they are a bit too clingy to the bottom area and I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing them to a meeting at the moment so back in the wardrobe they go till next week! I am however wearing a size 14 dress that I couldn't do up a couple of weeks ago. Clothes are making me feel very good at the moment! And with that, on to today's food:

5th June (Week 9, Day 4) - Green

Breakfast - Shape 0% yogurt, strawberries

Snack - Apple and grapes

Lunch - Carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, cottage cheese, grated cheese (1/2 HEA)

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines, carrot sticks

Dinner - Chickpea, spinach and sweet potato curry

Hope everyone has a good day, I've got to get back to writing IF statements!

Yet another manic day yesterday! In a way I love working in London but we have multiple sites that I have to visit and they all wanted to see me this week! At least today I can just relax and actually get on with some work. Was so hungry when I got home last night that I had an egg fried in frylite with a heap of mushrooms before I did my workout just to get me through. Also had 2 Chewy D's as HEB's while I was out and about because it's just an easy (and delicious) snack. On to today:

6th June (Week 9, Day 5) - Red

Breakfast - Shape 0% mango yogurt, cherries

Snack - Grapes

Lunch - Turkey Salad (mixed leaves, tomatoes, red onion, red peppers, turkey breast slices)

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines

Dinner - Peppers stuffed with quorn mince, grated cheese (HEA) and served with salad.

Hope you all have a good day as it's FRIDAY!

Hey Ruby :p, hope your well hun and enjoying this lovely weather. Have a lovely weekend :). Will look out for your posts on the challenge thread, hope it's all going well xx

So this weekend was a big fail as my dad was taken into hospital because his blood pressure was ridiculously high. It's because he's waiting for his operation in July and he keeps thinking the worst (like we're all inclined to do). So because of all that, I ended up going off plan in a big way and the consequence is a 2lb gain, taking me back to over 12 stone. I need to stop going up and down like this! So the plan for this week is to try and Success Express it as much as possible, continue with the workouts, keep to 5 syns max a day and only drink water (and maybe the odd green tea here and there). And if that doesn't work then I'll do the salad challenge again next week.

So with all that being said, here's today's plan:

9th June (Week 10, Day 1) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% mango yogurt, Sainsbury's tropical fruit platter (pineapple, water melon, mango, cantaloupe, grapes)

Lunch - Vegetable soup (carrot, swede, celery, onion, potato), carrot sticks, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Bolognese Bake (pasta, extra lean mince, quorn mince, onion, carrot, spinach, chopped tomatoes, peppers, garlic, herbs) with HEA of low low mixed in and salad on the side

Snack - Salted caramel green tea, Chewy D (HEB), kiwi

DF is out and about for the next few nights so I'm making one big bolognese bake and then eating it for 3 dinners this week. And I have a tiny bit of quorn mince in the freezer so I'm just going to chuck that in so I can use it up! Feeling very motivated this week after the horribleness of the weekend. Best of luck everyone!

Morning everyone! Managed to drink 3L of water yesterday! Didn't even really push myself to do it but it did mean I was visiting the toilet quite often! Still feeling very bloated and I appear to have done something to my shoulder in the night so I'm feeling a little sorry for myself! Lots of things to be cracking on with at work so on to the food for today:

10th June (Week 10, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% mango yogurt, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, mango and cantaloupe

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup with carrot sticks, cucumber and cherry tomatoes

Snack - 2 small bananas, 2 clementines

Dinner - HM Bolognese with pasta and a side salad

Snack - Green tea, Chewy D (HEB), Kiwi

So yes, basically exactly the same as yesterday! But I enjoyed it and I managed to get lots of superfree in there! Hope you're all having a great day!

Morning Rubes :)

Your two days of Success Express are looking good! That bolognese pasta bake sounds gorgeous.

Do you weigh in on Mondays?

Keep dirnking that water and the bloated feeling will go away :) Have a great day xx

Morning Rubes :)

Your two days of Success Express are looking good! That bolognese pasta bake sounds gorgeous.

Do you weigh in on Mondays?

Keep dirnking that water and the bloated feeling will go away :) Have a great day xx

Hey Emma, yeah it really is lovely, although almost didn't have enough room in the pan when I was making it!

Yes I weigh in on Monday mornings and class it as the start of a new week but that's probably because I'm doing SW from home and my thought process can be a little backwards at times!

Have had a litre of water already today and a black coffee (I was so tired this morning!). As OH is out tonight I'll try to get a workout in so he's not moaning that I'm taking up his precious tv time hehe.

Morning everyone. Didn't get a chance to exercise last night as I appear to have done something to my shoulder. I think I may have dislocated it in the night and then trapped a nerve or ligament or something as it is killing me now. Even typing and using the mouse is proving difficult (it's my right shoulder and I'm right handed) so work is going to be fun today. Was majorly hungry last night so ended up eating all the bolognese that was supposed to last me 3 days! At least it was packed full of superfree and not full of syns! On to today's food:

11th June (Week 10, Day 3) - Green

Breakfast - Strawberries, blueberries, shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Butternut Squash risotto (butternut squash, peas, onion, rice, vegetable stock), salad, grated cheese (HEA)

Snack - Chewy D (HEB), kiwi

Have set myself the challenge of losing 7lbs in the next 4 weeks because that will take me to a stone left to lose before initial target (lowest I will have been for a long, long time) and it will be mine and Chris' 8 year anniversary. I am absolutely determined to get this weight off. Having a day when I feel fat and uncomfortable and just want to hide away so I'm going to turn that negativity into some positivity. Need to have faith in the plan and just stick to it!

Oh my! The last couple of days have been sent to try me at work! First I spent all day yesterday dealing with an urgent issue that meant I didn't get a chance to do all the things I was supposed to do yesterday. Then when I came into work this morning there was no electricity! It was 10.30 by the time the power was back on and I've been working flat out since then. Only just managed to stop now to get some lunch, but then I did sit around reading my book for a couple of hours this morning so I can't really complain.

Had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I appear to be a lb down from last week. Hoping I don't have any slip ups over the weekend and I can get back to 11st 12lbs and keep going down from there! Food wise today looks like this:

12th June (Week 10, Day 4) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Strawberries, blueberries and Shape 0% strawberry yogurt

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup, carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - Pulled Pork with wholemeal roll (HEB), grated cheese (HEA), salad, potato wedges and coleslaw (3 syns)

Snack - 2 kiwi's

I had no time this morning so just threw the pork in the slow cooker and will hope for the best. I'm not a big BBQ sauce fan so I'll have mine plain and OH can go and buy some from the shop if he wants. I managed to remove most of the fat but it still had some on there, but today is the first time I've had any syns this week so I think a little bit of fat won't make a massive difference in the grand scheme of things.

Pulled pork last night was amazing! Might have to forgo the BBQ sauce again in future! What wasn't so amazing was finding out that DF's sister wants the exact same wedding dress as me. I'm trying not to turn into a bridezilla but his family are slowly pushing me that way!

Quite glad that it's Friday to be honest. We're going to check out a possible band for our wedding tonight so having dinner out. There are lots of restaurants in the area so we can definitely find something that's slimming world friendly, and I'll be taking emergency fruit (kiwis and a clementine) in case I need to supplement the superfree!

13th June (Week 10, Day 5) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Shape 0% yogurt, cherries

Lunch - Cheese Roll (HEA & HEB) with mixed leaves and then cucumber, carrot and tomatoes on the side

Snack - 2 clementines

Dinner - ?, kiwis, clementine

Hope you all have a good day!

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! It's 500 days till the wedding today so I'm rather excited! Also rather excited as I lost 3.5lbs this week! That takes me to 11st 11lbs and my lowest weight for over 5 years! Guess that success express really does work! Going to try and keep up the momentum with another week of just trying to eat as much superfree as possible with every meal.

Quick update of food over the weekend - Friday night we went to a mexican restaurant and I had sea bass with roasted vegetables and spicy rice so not too bad, Saturday had chicken in black bean sauce from the chinese and then yesterday went out for lunch with the parents and had grilled bream with crushed new potatoes, red onion and cherry tomatoes followed by Eaton Mess (where I didn't eat the cream!). As I had hardly any syns all week I felt that I could have these dishes and still stay on plan, even if they did have syns in them for the oil etc.

So a new week and a new lot of food to enjoy:

16th June (Week 11, Day 1) - Green

Breakfast - Shape 0% raspberry yogurt, 2 nectarines

Lunch - M&S Beetroot and cherry tomato side salad, pack of celery, kiwi

Snack - 2 mini bananas, clementine

Dinner - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, cheese (HEA) and a massive side salad

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

Will also be having a HEA of skimmed milk in tea throughout the evening as well as drinking my 2 litres of water (maybe more!) throughout the day. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Yayyy to a brilliant loss , and you must be over the moon getting your lowest weight , so pleased for you,
Food sounds amazing today , have a brilliant day so pleased for you xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks von! I was in total shock this morning! I find I lose more when I have soup for lunch during the week rather than salad so I'm going to make some once I've been food shopping tonight.

Just had a quick check of the BMI (not that I really trust it) and if I lose 2lbs next week, as well as getting my 2 stone award, my BMI will be under 30 and therefore making me overweight rather than obese! Definitely going to try my hardest to get there.

Amazing loss, well done! Wish I had the willpower to do SE. . I seem to do 2 days and then fall back off the wagon! Xx

Amazing loss, well done! Wish I had the willpower to do SE. . I seem to do 2 days and then fall back off the wagon! Xx

Thanks castone! And welcome to the forum (can see that you joined today!)

I haven't told you all about the NSV I had at the weekend either! Went to Primark because I needed a couple of new tops for work to get me through the summer and ended up buying them in a size 12! But the best bit was that I found a really gorgeous lightweight coat in there too and I ended up buying the size 12 in that too! I could do it up comfortably but it was a little bit tight on the arms. I won't have to wear it till the Autumn (she says, with the black clouds looming outside the office) so that shouldn't be a problem. Can't believe my body is changing so much, I still think I look really big.

Morning everybody! Fell asleep on the train to work this morning and woke up panicing that I'd missed my stop! Luckily I hadn't but I'm still so tired. Having a coffee with my breakfast in the hope that it will help me get through the day. Finally managed to pick up some of the aldi fat free greek style yogurts at the weekend and they are delicious! It's a shame there isn't an Aldi near where I live but I will be heading back to my parents in a couple of weeks time when my dad has his operation so I shall try and stock up then. On to today's feast:

17th June (Week 11, Day 2) - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Fruit salad (nectarine, 2 kiwis, strawberries, blueberries), fat free greek style coconut and vanilla yogurt

Lunch - HM Vegetable soup (carrot, swede, sweet potato, butternut squash), cucumber, celery, carrot, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Chicken philly pasta (HEA) with peppers, mushrooms, peas and spinach

Snack - Chewy D (HEB)

Soup this week should probably be renamed orange soup as it's made solely from orange vegetables! Really loving the chewy d's (especially the dark chocolate ones) as a HEB snack in the evening as they feel so indulgent but still on plan.

Back