Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Hi dominoes! Thanks for subscribing, hope you weren't too bored reading through everything! Going to check out your diary when I get a chance today.

Morning to everyone else reading! Last night I was browsing online and saw a lot of news articles mentioning the 100 Healthy Days blog, which I used to read; the girl who writes it has transformed herself in 100 days and lost about 4 stone in the process! I feel totally inspired and have realised I have 102 days before I go to Prague, which is when I wanted to achieve target by. I don't have 4 stone to lose but I might have a stone and a half (if I want to get to 10 stone!) and if she can do it then so can I! So that means eating clean (which I've been trying to do), sticking to plan and exercising. Stacy ( I think that's her name) had the advantage of living in Cornwall and being able to go sea kayaking and swimming as part of her exercise but I shall make do with my Fitness Blender routines! So here's to 100 days and we'll see where it gets me!

Day 1 - Green

Breakfast - Mixed berries, apple and shape ff yogurt

Lunch - mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese and grated cheddar

Dinner - Quorn meatballs with pasta in a tomato sauce (chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, mixed peppers, tomato puree, herbs, spinach) and parmesan cheese with salad on the side.

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, apple, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g cheddar / 28g parmesan
HEB - Weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 0

Exercise - 40 minutes low impact total body workout

Feeling very positive today and a bit skinny as well; wearing a dress that's a bit baggy so put a belt on with it and now I actually look like I might have a waist!

Morning Ruby! That 100 days thing sounds amazing - I'm off to have a look for it! Day two but I'm fairly confident I can stay on track for 100 days!

Morning Ruby! That 100 days thing sounds amazing - I'm off to have a look for it! Day two but I'm fairly confident I can stay on track for 100 days!

Her transformation pictures are amazing! The thing that really hit me was her start weight and end weight were pretty much the same as mine and it took her 100 days to do it. I've been trying to get there for almost 5 years now!

They're really great! But I think most of her weight came off after her op. Doesn't she say she lost about 1 stone in the 100 days? Might have misread that bit!

I've been losing the same 10lb for years now. It's so frustrating! And every time I start a diet I think "if I lose 2lb a week, I'll be a goal on {insert date}!" and then I never manage it. This absolutely HAS to be the last time!

You're totally right! Was so tired last night that I wasn't concentrating on reading! Still, 1 stone in 100 days is an achievement in itself (and I'd be happy with that!)

Morning guys! Healthy Day 1 is under my belt and I feel very positive. Managed a 40 minute work out last night and it definitely helped me sleep better. Knees are a bit sore this morning but today is an arm day so they should recover by tomorrow's workout. Determined to get all the way through the program this time! On to Day 2:

Day 2 - Red

Breakfast - Shape ff yogurt, mixed berries, apple

Lunch - Ham Salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, ham)

Dinner - Beef Stew (Beef Shin, celery, carrots, swede, turnip) with mixed vegetables (cauliflower, peas, carrots, broccoli)

Snacks - Apple, clementine, banana, dried figs, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - Milk in tea
HEB - 57g dried figs / weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 5
Exercise - 30 minutes arm workout

Have a busy weekend planned with a bit of wedding ring browsing thrown in there. But first I have to contend with Friday...

Eek super exciting news about the honeymoon! A dinner was a great way to celebrate! Also loving the idea of the personalised shirt - I might get James to get me a football short like that xxxx

And woop on the loss :D

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. Went ring shopping and have made some decisions; totally different to what we thought we wanted! Just need to make an appointment with the designer in the new year and get them priced up.

Weighed in this morning and have lost 3lbs! Super chuffed with that as I'm now at a new lowest weight! Have stuck to the 100 healthy days mantra all weekend (even doing 40 minutes of Pilate's at 8pm yesterday!). Have 2 rest days now so just going to take it easy and maybe do some light stretching this evening depending on how I feel. Need to go food shopping but could probably get by till tomorrow night. On to today's food:

Day 5 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Mixed berries, shape ff yogurt

Lunch - Ham Salad (mixed leaves, red onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, ham)

Dinner - Pasta with Quorn meatballs in a tomato sauce (chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, mixed peppers, herbs), parmesan cheese

Snacks - Metcalfe's skinny sweet and salty topcorn, banana, apple, melon and grapes, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g Parmesan cheese
HEB - Weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 6.5
Exercise - Rest Day

Bought the topcorn to have as a treat last night as OH is away for a couple of days, and only managed half the bag! Definitely noticed that my portion sizes have got smaller in the last week; my stomach just can't seem to hold as much food as it used to, which is a good thing! Anywho, better get on with some work, hope you all have a good day!

Morning everyone, was so busy at work yesterday with lots of meetings I barely had a chance to sit in front of the computer. 100 healthy days is going well, haven't slipped up yet but tonight we're having macaroni cheese and OH always picks up some type of garlic bread so I'll have to restrain myself. Week 2 of the exercise program starts tonight and I'm excited.

Day 7 - Green

Breakfast - Branflakes, shape ff yogurt, mixed berries

Lunch - Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese

Dinner - Macaroni Cheese (pasta, low low, bacon, grated cheese, vegetable stock, mustard powder) with salad

Snacks - Melon, grapes, apple, banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g cheddar / 60g low low
HEB - 30g Branflakes / Weetabix oaty bar
Syns - None (ATM)
Exercise - 45 minutes cardio boot camp

Morning everyone, was so busy at work yesterday with lots of meetings I barely had a chance to sit in front of the computer. 100 healthy days is going well, haven't slipped up yet but tonight we're having macaroni cheese and OH always picks up some type of garlic bread so I'll have to restrain myself. Week 2 of the exercise program starts tonight and I'm excited.

Day 7 - Green

Breakfast - Branflakes, shape ff yogurt, mixed berries

Lunch - Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese

Dinner - Macaroni Cheese (pasta, low low, bacon, grated cheese, vegetable stock, mustard powder) with salad

Snacks - Melon, grapes, apple, banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g cheddar / 60g low low
HEB - 30g Branflakes / Weetabix oaty bar
Syns - None (ATM)
Exercise - 45 minutes cardio boot camp

That food sounds really good! I think I need to invest in bran flakes.

Out of interest, what is low low?

That food sounds really good! I think I need to invest in bran flakes.

Out of interest, what is low low?

Low Low is a delicious tub of cheesy goodness. It's a low fat (hence the name) cheese spread, kind of like dairylea but a lot nicer and creamier. It comes in a couple of flavors: mature cheddar, cracked black pepper and I believe I have seen a sweet chilli version. I prefer the plain mature cheddar. It's great as a spread but if you heat it up it turns into this lovely melty cheese sauce. I'm going to thin it out with a little bit of stock so it goes further in the macaroni bake. You can have about half a tub (roughly 60g) as a HEA. I usually mix it with some roasted vegetables and pasta or stir it through some risotto.

Low Low is a delicious tub of cheesy goodness. It's a low fat (hence the name) cheese spread, kind of like dairylea but a lot nicer and creamier. It comes in a couple of flavors: mature cheddar, cracked black pepper and I believe I have seen a sweet chilli version. I prefer the plain mature cheddar. It's great as a spread but if you heat it up it turns into this lovely melty cheese sauce. I'm going to thin it out with a little bit of stock so it goes further in the macaroni bake. You can have about half a tub (roughly 60g) as a HEA. I usually mix it with some roasted vegetables and pasta or stir it through some risotto.

That sounds life changing! Thanks! I'll have a look for it.

That sounds life changing! Thanks! I'll have a look for it.

I've probably made it out to be a lot better than it actually is but I find it really useful when I want a hit of cheesy goodness.

Just popping in quickly. Feeling rough as I appear to have yet another cold. My immune system is really poor at the moment and I'm not quite sure why. Anyway, suffice to say, the macaroni cheese went down very well last night; thinned out the low low with some skimmed milk and it was gorgeous. Didn't do any exercise but will try tonight if I'm feeling better. Not feeling too hungry today; have managed some bran flakes and a yogurt and now I'm feeling sick and uncomfortable :( On the plus side I'm wearing my new size 12 black skinny jeans to work today, so that's something!

Morning everyone! It's FRIDAY!!!!! Still feeling pretty rough but determined to so some exercise tonight. I was on plan yesterday until I was dragged to the pub after work and I had a couple of whiskeys to make me feel better. Other than that it was a very on plan day. Here's today's plan:

Day 9 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Branflakes, shape yogurt, apple

Lunch - Mixed Leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, cottage cheese, grated cheddar

Dinner - Turkey Tikka Masala (turkey, tikka seasoning, ff natural yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, other spices, tomato puree) with rice and salad

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, apple, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g grated cheddar
HEB - 30g Branflakes
Syns - 3.5
Exercise - 45 minute cardio boot camp

Haven't really got much planned for the weekend. OH has hurt his back so he won't be playing cricket. We're supposed to be going to a wedding fair on Sunday to scope out some florists and we have a flat inspection next week from the letting agents so I shall be scrubbing everything till it shines so I just have to wipe over it quickly on Tuesday night. But before all that I have reports to write.

If you're run down (I have been for two weeks) do gentle exercise but don't overdo it. Maybe up your veggies a bit :)

I LOVE wedding fayres!!!! What sort of flowers are you thinking?

xxxx.

Back