Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Afternoon everyone. This is the first time I've stopped since 7:45 this morning. It's been one of those days...can't wait till I'm off next week. Have serious cramp in my hands now but I'm powering through! Managed my arm workout last night even though I was quite tired when I got in. Tonight it's cardio I think (need to check the schedule!). Day 22 - Green Breakfast - bran flakes, shape ff yogurt, apple Lunch - Leftover veggie chilli with rice Dinner - Black bean and beetroot burgers, low low burger slices, salad, potato wedges and feta Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, orange and choc muller, weetabix oaty bar HEA - feta / low low burger slices HEB - 30g bran flakes / weetabix oaty bar Syns - 0 Exercise - 40 minutes cardio bootcamp and abs Have just realised that every day this week I've tried a new recipe. I feel rather pleased with that because I always try to have at least one new meal a week. Looking forward to my burgers tonight and hoping they taste as good as I remember them. Not looking forward to grating the beetroot though!

What has the planned exercise turned out to be? :)

Fab about trying a new recipe every day! xxxx

Afternoon everyone. This is the first time I've stopped since 7:45 this morning. It's been one of those days...can't wait till I'm off next week. Have serious cramp in my hands now but I'm powering through! Managed my arm workout last night even though I was quite tired when I got in. Tonight it's cardio I think (need to check the schedule!).

Day 22 - Green

Breakfast - bran flakes, shape ff yogurt, apple

Lunch - Leftover veggie chilli with rice

Dinner - Black bean and beetroot burgers, low low burger slices, salad, potato wedges and feta

Snacks - Banana, 2 clementines, orange and choc muller, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - feta / low low burger slices
HEB - 30g bran flakes / weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 0
Exercise - 40 minutes cardio bootcamp and abs

Have just realised that every day this week I've tried a new recipe. I feel rather pleased with that because I always try to have at least one new meal a week. Looking forward to my burgers tonight and hoping they taste as good as I remember them. Not looking forward to grating the beetroot though!

Ooh, they sound great! So impressive that you've tried so many new recipes. I am terrible at getting stuck eating the same old thing over and over again. Have you tried putting the beetroot in a food processor to avoid the grating? Thou I can imagine that would be a big purple mess...

What has the planned exercise turned out to be? :)

Fab about trying a new recipe every day! xxxx

Was 30 minutes of cardio bootcamp followed by 10 minutes of abs and obliques. Tonight it's an hour of barre which is fine because I used to do ballet. There is one exercise that makes my legs burn like crazy but it's all worth it!

Ooh, they sound great! So impressive that you've tried so many new recipes. I am terrible at getting stuck eating the same old thing over and over again. Have you tried putting the beetroot in a food processor to avoid the grating? Thou I can imagine that would be a big purple mess...

Most of the time I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch all week because it's just easier that way to plan (and works out cheaper) and then I try to have something different for dinner each night so I don't get bored.

I don't actually have a food processor but grating the beetroot worked out fine. I was just worried about staining my hands but just held onto it with a a freezer bag over my hand it worked fine.

Morning everyone! It's Friday and after today I'm off for a week. I haven't had an entire week off work for a year so I'm rather excited. Shame I have so much stuff to get done by then, but I am insisting on leaving early and anything that isn't done can wait till I'm back.

Beetroot burgers kind of fell apart last night so I turned it into a bit more of a hash and added the feta and it was gorgeous. Just had it with some mixed leaves and have the leftovers (again with mixed leaves) for lunch today. Think I need to have a ratio of more beans to beetroot but I think it was the other way round this time. New recipe of the day is fishcakes tonight which I'm rather excited about. Also we've decided to start having a Disney movie night every week so we can be prepared for the honeymoon. Would like to point out that this was OH's idea, not mine! Tonight it's 2 classics: Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. Then tomorrow I'm having a day in London with the girls so lots of walking (we're even doing an Oscar Wilde walking tour!) and maybe some wine.

Day 23 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - bran flakes, apple, shape ff yogurt

Lunch - Leftover beetroot, black bean and feta hash, mixed leaves

Dinner - Fishcakes (cod, potato, courgette, carrot, onion, breadcrumbs), SW Chips, mushy peas

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, metcalfe's skinny topcorn

HEA - Feta
HEB - Branflakes
Syns - 9.5
Exercise - 1 hour total body barre

Hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoy your week off lovely! xxxx

Morning everyone! Had a lovely weekend; Friday we stayed in and watched a couple of Disney films in preparation for the honeymoon (Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King), Saturday I went into London with the book club girls for a literary day out (Oscar Wilde walking tour, British Library and the Sherlock Holmes Museum) and then yesterday we went around some wedding fairs. Bumped into our photographers at one of them and spent almost an hour chatting to them. Confirmed that we definitely made the right decision booking them, they are so nice and make us feel so relaxed, which is good when you're not too keen having your photo taken and they're going to be following you about a lot of the day!

Weighed in this morning and I've lost 1.5lbs despite it being * week. Just goes to show that the working out does actually do something! Oh and sticking to plan too! Now have 10lbs to go till I hit my interim target. I'm definitely going to go down to 10 stone exactly and then take it from there. I still want to have some curves and I don't want to be a size 8 as it wouldn't look good on my frame I think so it's a case of seeing what I look like and making a decision from there.

So glad to have a week off; today I'm going to do my workout (1 hour of mixed cardio and strength) and then just chilling out on the sofa! Hope you all had a good weekend and have a good week too!

Day 26 - Green

Breakfast - Porridge made with water, banana, honey, mixed berries

Lunch - Pasta with mushrooms, spinach, peas, leeks, low low cheese spread

Dinner - Jacket potato, baked beans, grated cheese, salad

Snacks - clementine, kiwis, mixed berries, shape ff yogurt, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - grated cheddar / low low spread
HEB - Oats / weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 2
Exercise - 1 hour cardio and strength

Morning everyone! Had a lovely weekend; Friday we stayed in and watched a couple of Disney films in preparation for the honeymoon (Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King), Saturday I went into London with the book club girls for a literary day out (Oscar Wilde walking tour, British Library and the Sherlock Holmes Museum) and then yesterday we went around some wedding fairs. Bumped into our photographers at one of them and spent almost an hour chatting to them. Confirmed that we definitely made the right decision booking them, they are so nice and make us feel so relaxed, which is good when you're not too keen having your photo taken and they're going to be following you about a lot of the day!

Weighed in this morning and I've lost 1.5lbs despite it being * week. Just goes to show that the working out does actually do something! Oh and sticking to plan too! Now have 10lbs to go till I hit my interim target. I'm definitely going to go down to 10 stone exactly and then take it from there. I still want to have some curves and I don't want to be a size 8 as it wouldn't look good on my frame I think so it's a case of seeing what I look like and making a decision from there.

So glad to have a week off; today I'm going to do my workout (1 hour of mixed cardio and strength) and then just chilling out on the sofa! Hope you all had a good weekend and have a good week too!

Day 26 - Green

Breakfast - Porridge made with water, banana, honey, mixed berries

Lunch - Pasta with mushrooms, spinach, peas, leeks, low low cheese spread

Dinner - Jacket potato, baked beans, grated cheese, salad

Snacks - clementine, kiwis, mixed berries, shape ff yogurt, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - grated cheddar / low low spread
HEB - Oats / weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 2
Exercise - 1 hour cardio and strength

Where you having your Honeymoon ???

Yay ! :D Well done on the loss Ruby that's fab hun ! :p I know you'll get down to 10 stone in no time, your doing absolutely brill hun and I'm so happy for you !

Kay xx

Yay ! :D Well done on the loss Ruby that's fab hun ! :p I know you'll get down to 10 stone in no time, your doing absolutely brill hun and I'm so happy for you !

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! I'll pop over to your diary in a bit and see how you've been getting on!

Having a week in Disneyworld and then 4 nights in New York. Never been to america so it's doubly exciting!

My cousins are in Florida, I've been to Disneyworld, its AMAZING !!! Your gonna love it Rubs ! Be prepared for the lovely portion sizes with their food, its HUGE ! :D You wont be complaining, hehe. You and your OH are gonna have a brill time, I can tell you that :p . Never been NYC but my sis has and some of my friends too, they say its fab ! It will be a trip to remember that's for sure :) xx

Having a week in Disneyworld and then 4 nights in New York. Never been to america so it's doubly exciting!

Its fabulous I have been to America lots of times in fact i got married in Florida :D so my honeymoon was a Disney one. I did a disneyworld holiday Feb2014 you will love it.

oh and the food is awesome little americanism there. I gain loads of weight on my USA holidays lol

I'm fully anticipating putting a lot of weight on while I'm over there but with all the walking at Disney and around New York may minimise the damage too!

OMG I've just booked my first appointment to look (and try on) wedding dresses! Going on Friday night with my mum and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. This store has the 2 dresses I love in stock so hopefully will get to try them on! Definitely not looking to buy but will be nice to get an idea if what I like the look of will actually suit me.

how exciting wedding dress shopping, you will feel like a princess. I am often tempted to pretend i'm getting married again lol just to try on some more haha

What a good Monday you're having!

Amazing news on the loss - well done you, especially with * week
and so so exciting about trying on dresses :D squeeee!

xxxx

Thanks guys. As soon as I got off the phone I wanted to phone and cancel because I was a little freaked out. This is probably the most important part of the planning after getting the venue! Had a rather lazy day today after working out this morning (even took a nap this afternoon!) but that's it for this week. Have a lot of sorting and organising to do over the next few days now which is good because I'm getting a little antsy just sitting around now!

Thanks guys. As soon as I got off the phone I wanted to phone and cancel because I was a little freaked out. This is probably the most important part of the planning after getting the venue! Had a rather lazy day today after working out this morning (even took a nap this afternoon!) but that's it for this week. Have a lot of sorting and organising to do over the next few days now which is good because I'm getting a little antsy just sitting around now!

So important and so exciting :D don't freak out there is no need to; you are just trying on pretty dresses ;) xxxx

Back