Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Morning everyone, just popping in quickly to update. Will catch up on diaries later.

Ended up putting 2lbs on last week due to having a very off-plan weekend - some wine, lots of deserts and cake etc. Back on it now though.

Went dress shopping on Friday and was quite nervous to start with but once you've tried a couple on, you don't mind that a stranger is staring at you in your underwear! Managed to try on a dress that I'd seen online and liked the look of and have fallen absolutely head over heels in love with it. But for some reason I've spent all weekend trying to convince myself that it's not right for me. No idea why, it's just my head doing weird things. Going to try on a bunch more at the national wedding show in Manchester with my MoH and see if I can find anything else but seriously doubt it, it's too perfect for me! And a NSV: tried on 10 dresses and could get all but 1 done up. The 9 I could get on were all 12's and the one that I couldn't was a 10 and then there was only 2 inches of the zip that wouldn't go up. In my head I'm still the 18-20 I was months ago but this showed me that I'm smaller than I think. I warn you future brides though; it's such a come down having to put ordinary clothes back on after a couple of hours of feeling like a princess! Jeans and a t-shirt will never be the same again!

Anywho, here's today's food:

29th September - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Bran flakes, shape ff yogurt, apple

Lunch - Carrot and ginger soup, cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Turkey stir fry (turkey, mixed stir fry veg, wholewheat noodles, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, 5 spice)

Snacks - Chocolate oat milk, 2 clementines, banana, 2 kiwi, chewy d

HEA - 200ml Chocolate oat milk
HEB - 30g Branflakes
Syns - 5
Exercise - 30 minutes Pilate's / 30 minutes arms

Better get cracking with some work; have come back to over 50 emails I now have to deal with.

Ooh how exciting about the wedding dresses! Maybe it's just because accepting that's the dress means it's officially going to be THE dress of your life? ;)

Fantastic news about the sizes as well as they're not supposed to be kind sizes I don't think!

Ahhhh so excited for you xxxx

Ooh how exciting about the wedding dresses! Maybe it's just because accepting that's the dress means it's officially going to be THE dress of your life? ;)

Fantastic news about the sizes as well as they're not supposed to be kind sizes I don't think!

Ahhhh so excited for you xxxx

You're probably right, I was fine until she put the veil on me and then I started to freak out a bit. Also up till now we've paid for / booked things that aren't tangible and this is the first wedding related thing that's an actual THING so it makes it all the more real!

I was prepared to not get anything on because samples are always like an 8 so I'd heard. I must admit, I was breathing in quite a bit but I know I would be able to get comfortably into a 12 by the time the wedding rolls around. Have about 4 weeks before possible dress ordering day so I need to focus so I can order the 12 as that was the ultimate goal, to be a nice size 12.

You're probably right, I was fine until she put the veil on me and then I started to freak out a bit. Also up till now we've paid for / booked things that aren't tangible and this is the first wedding related thing that's an actual THING so it makes it all the more real!

I was prepared to not get anything on because samples are always like an 8 so I'd heard. I must admit, I was breathing in quite a bit but I know I would be able to get comfortably into a 12 by the time the wedding rolls around. Have about 4 weeks before possible dress ordering day so I need to focus so I can order the 12 as that was the ultimate goal, to be a nice size 12.

That's my dream dress size too. I wouldn't want to be slimmer than that really.

I wanted to ask which Disney hotel are you staying at ??

Morning everyone! Yesterday at work wiped me out so didn't do my exercise but instead I fell asleep on the sofa when I got in! Will definitely make an effort to do it tonight (along with the million and one other things on my to-do list). Another busy busy day ahead.

30th September - Green

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, shape ff yogurt, banana

Lunch - Scan bran, low low cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Cheesy Veg pasta (pasta, mushrooms, peppers, peas, spinach, low low)

Snacks - 2 kiwis, banana, 3 clementines, Chewy D

HEA - 60g low low / 60g low low
HEB - 2 weetabix / chewy d
Syns - 5?
Exercise - 30 minutes pilates / 30 minutes arms

Yes I am cracking out the scan bran. Never had it but do like ryvita's so hoping I can just get a couple down at least. So syns will depend on how many I have. I'm only eating them as my soup smelled a bit funky this morning so in the bin that went. I would try some of the scan bran cakes but we don't have a microwave and I don't think they'd be the same in the oven.

Anyway lots to do today, starting with some literature searching.

That's my dream dress size too. I wouldn't want to be slimmer than that really.

I wanted to ask which Disney hotel are you staying at ??

To be honest, after the other day I think I might just stick to my original target of 10st 7. I was speaking to a colleague who's the same height as me and looks a lot slimmer and apparently she's almost 11st so that kind of confirmed that I don't want to go lower than that now. It's just a case of getting there!

We're staying in Port Orleans - Riverside, where we've specified a Mansion House room along the river. It's at the top end of the moderate resorts facilities wise but still low-ish in price. Plus the resort is a bit more "adult" with subtle disney touches rather than having Finding Nemo all over the walls of the room. I get so excited thinking about it but there's still over a year to go!

To be honest, after the other day I think I might just stick to my original target of 10st 7. I was speaking to a colleague who's the same height as me and looks a lot slimmer and apparently she's almost 11st so that kind of confirmed that I don't want to go lower than that now. It's just a case of getting there!

We're staying in Port Orleans - Riverside, where we've specified a Mansion House room along the river. It's at the top end of the moderate resorts facilities wise but still low-ish in price. Plus the resort is a bit more "adult" with subtle disney touches rather than having Finding Nemo all over the walls of the room. I get so excited thinking about it but there's still over a year to go!

Haha I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter this Feb, it was lovely we used the Riverside pool and facilities too, its gorgeous and you're right not too Disney.
The boat rides are nice to Downtown Disney.

My target it 10.7 no less than that, but like you say its just getting there and then staying there

Haha I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter this Feb, it was lovely we used the Riverside pool and facilities too, its gorgeous and you're right not too Disney.
The boat rides are nice to Downtown Disney.

My target it 10.7 no less than that, but like you say its just getting there and then staying there

How funny is that!? OH is really excited about going on one of the carriage rides (well after all it is our honeymoon). I would have been happy to stay in the French Quarter as I've always wanted to go to New Orleans but he wanted to stay in the mansion houses right on the river.

I'm sure we'll all get there in the end, just have to keep saying no to all the tempting treats that come our way!

How funny is that!? OH is really excited about going on one of the carriage rides (well after all it is our honeymoon). I would have been happy to stay in the French Quarter as I've always wanted to go to New Orleans but he wanted to stay in the mansion houses right on the river.

I'm sure we'll all get there in the end, just have to keep saying no to all the tempting treats that come our way!

It's too many American holidays that helped me gain the weight i am trying hard to lose lol, well worth it though. I gained 10.5 lbs last August after 2 weeks in Florida and then another 4lbs when we went back in Feb this year. To be fair I gained so much so quickly because I used to do the Atkins diet ( never again) so when you start to eat Carbs the weight just piles on. SW is much better for me.

It's too many American holidays that helped me gain the weight i am trying hard to lose lol, well worth it though. I gained 10.5 lbs last August after 2 weeks in Florida and then another 4lbs when we went back in Feb this year. To be fair I gained so much so quickly because I used to do the Atkins diet ( never again) so when you start to eat Carbs the weight just piles on. SW is much better for me.

I'm not planning on pigging out at every meal (I so still want some fruit and veg here and there) but I'm not going to worry about the treats. Hoping that the almost 10 miles a day of walking will help burn some of the calories off!

I agree, SW is so much easier to maintain in the long run compared to some "diets".

we had the quick dining plan included in our package and you end up eating more than you would if you were buying meals, if that makes sense. The Americans don't go a bundle on veg its the one thing i really miss when i am there.

you certainly do put in a lot of miles on foot. Epcot is huge and there's so much to see.

oh and make the most of the excitement and waiting its all part of the experience there's nothing else quite like it :D we are already planning our next trip lol

You're probably right, I was fine until she put the veil on me and then I started to freak out a bit. Also up till now we've paid for / booked things that aren't tangible and this is the first wedding related thing that's an actual THING so it makes it all the more real! I was prepared to not get anything on because samples are always like an 8 so I'd heard. I must admit, I was breathing in quite a bit but I know I would be able to get comfortably into a 12 by the time the wedding rolls around. Have about 4 weeks before possible dress ordering day so I need to focus so I can order the 12 as that was the ultimate goal, to be a nice size 12.

You'll totally achieve that :) xxxx

we had the quick dining plan included in our package and you end up eating more than you would if you were buying meals, if that makes sense. The Americans don't go a bundle on veg its the one thing i really miss when i am there.

you certainly do put in a lot of miles on foot. Epcot is huge and there's so much to see.

oh and make the most of the excitement and waiting its all part of the experience there's nothing else quite like it :D we are already planning our next trip lol

We had quick dining included but have paid the extra to upgrade to the standard dining so we get one table service meal a day (and we're guaranteed some veg then!) OH has already said he wants to do the drink around the world challenge at epcot and we'll be there when the food festival is on I think, so they'll be even more choice!

Afternoon everyone! I've been at another site all morning on a training course that wasn't particularly thrilling and then been busy busy busy since I got back. Work is rather manic at the moment so I'm getting home late and then not feeling brilliant so just don't have a chance to exercise because I just want to go to bed. Have given myself the next two weeks to complete my current program and then on the 13th I'll start round 1 of the 8 week ones, which will finish 2 days before I go to Prague. That was always my ideal target date so hopefully if I stick to plan for those 8 weeks and complete the workouts, I should be at target! Here's hoping! Anyway, onto the food

1st October - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Chewy D, blueberries

Lunch - Sainsbury Sushi

Dinner - SW Homity Pie, LM red onion sausages, mixed veg

Snacks - Banana, 3 clementines, apple, 2 kiwis, shape ff yogurt

HEA - 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEB - Chewy D
Syns - 5

Right, that's my 10 minute break over and done with, now off to badger some people for data, which makes a change from people badgering me about it.

Morning everyone! Well Winter is officially here; yesterday was the first day I left home in the dark and came home in the dark :( Ended up getting home at 8 and by that time I couldn't be bothered to cook and OH was asleep on the sofa (he's really busy at work too) so we ordered a chinese. Ended up having chicken with vegetables in oyster sauce with boiled rice but could only eat half of it so having the other half for lunch today. I'm glad today is Thursday, but I'll be even more glad when tomorrow gets here!

2nd October - Extra Easy

Lunch - Chicken in oyster sauce with veg and boiled rice

Dinner - Jacket potato with tuna and cheese and salad

Snacks - 2 clementines, apple, chewy d

HEA - 40g reduced fat cheese
HEB - 2 weetabix
Syns - 7.5

We had quick dining included but have paid the extra to upgrade to the standard dining so we get one table service meal a day (and we're guaranteed some veg then!) OH has already said he wants to do the drink around the world challenge at epcot and we'll be there when the food festival is on I think, so they'll be even more choice!

That's the hard thing deciding what to eat in Epcot we went for a few days so did a few countries, it can all get a little over whelming in a good way lol.

Just remember to pack either loose fitting clothes or stretchy waistbands lol has its surprising how quickly your tummy bloats haha

Ruby what's a chewy d ??

Special K Chewy Delight cereal bar. They come in dark or milk chocolate (I prefer the dark ones) and taste quite naughty, but one counts as a HEB or 5 syns. I like having a cereal bar as a treat in the evening with a cup of sleepy tea and it's become part of my bed time routine now.

Morning everyone! Well Winter is officially here; yesterday was the first day I left home in the dark and came home in the dark :( Ended up getting home at 8 and by that time I couldn't be bothered to cook and OH was asleep on the sofa (he's really busy at work too) so we ordered a chinese. Ended up having chicken with vegetables in oyster sauce with boiled rice but could only eat half of it so having the other half for lunch today. I'm glad today is Thursday, but I'll be even more glad when tomorrow gets here!

2nd October - Extra Easy

Lunch - Chicken in oyster sauce with veg and boiled rice

Dinner - Jacket potato with tuna and cheese and salad

Snacks - 2 clementines, apple, chewy d

HEA - 40g reduced fat cheese
HEB - 2 weetabix
Syns - 7.5

It is so dark isn't it! At bootcamp we are finishing at half 7 and it is just pitch black!

Sounds like a sensible chinese choice - well done :) xxxx

Back