Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

Can't believe it with the friend I would be absolutely fuming! I think you definitely have to have words honey.

Fantastic loss though! Soo close to target! xxxx

Ah that would be great Ruby :p. I just checked my old thread for The Soup Challenge from last year, and you lost 5lbs on it :eek:. Looks like soups really suit you ;). I started to look at what soups you made that week and you mentioned a Courgette soup. That sounds so delicious. This week I have been encouraging everyone to post their soup recipes on the thread so others can get inspired. Ruby if you don't mind hun, if you have time this week, could you please post up the recipe for your yummy Courgette soup :p, because the girls would love that, especially when they findout you lost 5lbs :D. Hope you've had a fab day lovely. Catch you later :):).

Kay xx

I can't take credit for the recipe but will post it on the thread for you anyway!

Can't believe it with the friend I would be absolutely fuming! I think you definitely have to have words honey.

Fantastic loss though! Soo close to target! xxxx

Thanks, it's so close but so far away at the same time.

I'm going to leave it till the weekend and then give her a call and see what she says. Head is all over the place at the moment, had to cancel loads of meetings yesterday afternoon because I couldn't think straight.

Morning everyone. So tired this morning after a really bad night's sleep. Keep over thinking things. Doesn't help that it's so dark and gloomy outside today. Just going to quickly post today's food and then crack on with my ever growing pile of things to do:

Week 1, Day 2: Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, melon, grapes

Lunch - Mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, grilled chicken

Dinner - Some leftover bean stew / curry thing I found in the freezer with some lentil and spinach dhal and rice

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, chewy d, chocolate oaty milk

HEA - Chocolate oaty milk
HEB - 2 weetabix
Syns - 5
Exercise - Need to check the schedule!

Afternoon Ruby :), I just dropped by quickly to say thank you so much hun for taking the time out in your busy schedule to post the recipe on the Soup Thread, I really appreciate it lovely :hug99:. I hope things get less manic for you at work and your able to get some time out for yourself. Speak soon, hope you have a fab day ! ;)

Kay xx

Morning everyone. Today is already off to a bad start; 2.5 hour journey to work due to lots of trains breaking down, my porridge exploded all over the microwave for some unknown reason and to top it all off, someone is wearing a jasmine scented perfume and jasmine gives me migraines. So I'm now grumpy and tired with a headache and really intense nausea. Fun times. Enough of the moaning, here's the food:

Week 1, Day 3 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - porridge (made with water), mixed berries, honey

Lunch - Veggie curry with quinoa

Dinner - TBC, but I'm thinking some baked white fish with SW chips, roasted tomatoes and mushy peas.

Snacks - cucumber sticks, orange, banana

HEA - ?
HEB - oats (although probably ended up with half of these after the microwave incident)
Syns - 2
Exercise - 1 hour of HIIT and strength combo

We have no food in the house so will be hitting up the supermarket tonight. Oh and to top it all off, I've managed to chip my nail polish that I only applied last night. Today is proving to be wonderful *grump*

Urgh hate days like that. How you feeling now? Did your day improve? xxxx.

Urgh hate days like that. How you feeling now? Did your day improve? xxxx.

If you can believe it, it actually got worse! Went to a meeting in the afternoon where I was supposed to be presenting a new report to some team managers and instead they took the opportunity to verbally attack me over the failings of the IT department. After the 3rd time of trying to explain that yes, while I may work with computers all day, I am not in fact working for IT, I just gave up. Left the meeting feeling rather sorry for myself and although I knew they weren't having a go at me per se, it still got on top of me. Didn't let it affect my eating though! Have really turned a corner where I don't need to eat my emotions.

Morning everyone! Lets hope today is a better day than yesterday! Have a long day in work ahead of me as I'm off to a conference tomorrow so need to tidy up lots of lose ends. We've eventually decided on some stationary for the wedding so I'm happy about that. Not so happy that it's the first lot we decided that we liked and I could have therefore saved myself the stress of the past couple of weeks! Oh well, we live and learn. Didn't manage to get my exercise in yesterday as I was late home from work so will do that tonight instead.

Week 1, Day 4 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - porridge (made with water), blueberries, honey

Lunch - Quinoa, mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas), spinach, roasted tomatoes, herbs and seasonings.

Dinner - Beef stir fry (beef, stir fry veg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chinese 5 spice, wholewheat noodles)

Snacks - banana, orange, carrot sticks, weetabix oaty bar, milky hot chocolate

HEA - Skimmed milk
HEB - oats
Syns - 7
Exercise - 1 hour of HIIT and strength

* week is right around the corner so I'm hoping that I can maintain this week at least. Have noticed that my waist is more defined, just need to tone everything up now!

Hey hun, just popping in to catch up on your progress! You're doing so well, so so close to target now - how exciting! Glad plans are going well for the wedding too, nearly under a year now, it's amazing how quickly the time flys. I'm coming up to 9 months until mine without invitations, dress or anything - arghh! It'll get sorted though, such a pain with the dress though as I'll look so different in 5 stones time that there's no point even trying them on now really x

Hey hun, just popping in to catch up on your progress! You're doing so well, so so close to target now - how exciting! Glad plans are going well for the wedding too, nearly under a year now, it's amazing how quickly the time flys. I'm coming up to 9 months until mine without invitations, dress or anything - arghh! It'll get sorted though, such a pain with the dress though as I'll look so different in 5 stones time that there's no point even trying them on now really x

Thanks Bev, glad to see you back posting! Will pop over to your diary in a bit and see what you've been up to!

Morning everyone! Just popping in quickly to update my food for today (mega busy at work) oh and to say that I bought my wedding dress yesterday! Now just need to wait 8 months for it to arrive from the designer.

Week 2, Day 1 - Green

Breakfast - Activia ff yogurt, banana

Lunch - Broccoli soup (broccoli, onion, veg stock, seasoning), carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, grated cheese, salad

Snacks - banana, 2 clementines, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 2 x 28g cheddar
HEB - weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 0
Exercise - None

Oh and weigh in wise, as * week has arrived this morning, I've STS. At least it's not a gain!

Eek so exciting! What style is it? xxxx

Eek so exciting! What style is it? xxxx

I don't want to give too much away but it's a line with some lace and a bit of a train. Kept staring at pictures of it last night! Do you know what style you want?

Morning everyone! Just going through the motions at work this week because I'm so tired / busy! Exercise failed last week so trying to get back on it tonight.

Week 2, Day 2 - Green

Breakfast - porridge (made with water), apple, cinnamon, honey

Lunch - Broccoli soup, carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Veggie risotto (mushrooms, peppers, peas, spinach), low low spread, mixed leaves

Snacks - Clementine, banana, activia ff yogurt, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - low low spread
HEB - 35g oats / weetabix oaty bar
Syns - 2
Exercise - 45 minutes low impact cardio

I don't want to give too much away but it's a line with some lace and a bit of a train. Kept staring at pictures of it last night! Do you know what style you want?

It sounds lovely! I will look forward to the photo next October!

No idea :D xxxx

It sounds lovely! I will look forward to the photo next October!

No idea :D xxxx

Hehe well at least you have lots of time to find something!

Have been in meetings all day so only sitting down to eat lunch now. Not really feeling the soup so just munching on my veggies and a yogurt while I decompress from all the stupid stuff that's going on.

Morning everyone. Yesterday was not a good day. Lets just say I am not filled with confidence that my contract will be extended beyond February. Better start looking for new things now I suppose. On a more positive note I have a new computer at work and it's beautiful. Finally I can make reports look pretty again!

Week 2, Day 4 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge, apple, honey

Lunch - Leftover chilli con carne and rice

Dinner - Jacket potato with cottage cheese, cheese and salad

Snacks - 2 clementines, banana, carrot and cucumber sticks and cherry tomatoes, weetabix oaty bar

HEA - 28g grated cheddar
HEB - oats
Syns - 5.5

Not a very adventurous day! Oh and apologies if my spelling is now really bad; they've disabled the spell check in my web browser and I don't have admin rights to change it!

Last edited:
Bad news about the job but good about the computer and that you had a very good on plan day!

Back