Ruby's Starting Over (Again!)

The most stressful part of the planning so far was picking the invitations! Have you seen any you'd like to have?

It really excites me :)

I've seen a range of one's I like but we need to decide our definite colours etc first :) I do like simple pocketfold though xxxx

Morning everyone, still feeling rough. Ate some HM tomato soup yesterday afternoon and then had my chilli with jacket potato when I got home and then quickly followed by 4 mince pies! Can't have the things in the house because they're so moreish. Still it was nice to have them while putting our rather pathetic looking tree up but hey it has some character.

We're going to pick up the wedding rings tonight! Eeeek! And then since we're in the area, OH want's to take me to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Cue mulled wine and a bratwurst for dinner tonight I think. Have brought some fruit and a weetabix oaty bar with me just in case but again, I don't really feel hungry today.

It really excites me :)

I've seen a range of one's I like but we need to decide our definite colours etc first :) I do like simple pocketfold though xxxx

I couldn't decide what I wanted, I liked so many different ones! Glad you've found something you like, you can't go wrong with a pocketfold. We're just tying our bits together with some twine (it goes with the rustic theme)

Oh your eve sounds heavenly Ruby! I don't know what I'd be more excited about, the rings or the mulled wine ;-) haha x

I was a bit surprised when he suggested it as we're Christmas Marketing it up most of next week. But he was like "Would you like to go because I would like to take you" so I couldn't exactly say no. He's definitely a keeper :D

Definitely! That's so sweet :) no you couldn't really refuse haha. Hope you have a lovely time x

Thanks it was a nice idea and ended in dinner at Bodeans (an authentic american BBQ place, and definitely off plan!).

Afternoon everyone, it's been a busy day - had an interview for another job and it went really well. It was more of an informal chat about myself and their organisation and I wasn't nervous at any point. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing but I came away feeling very positive and now just have to wait till next Friday to hear back.

Have returned to the office to find that the data warehouse is broken and therefore I can't actually get on with any work; the last thing I need when I'm on holiday next week! Anyway, we collected the wedding rings yesterday and they're perfect and I've had a quote from the florist we met at the weekend and if the prices include VAT like I'm hoping they do, we'll definitely be booking her.

Food wise, yesterday ended with dinner in Bodeans where I had a KC Brisket Special (brisket, onion rings and cheese in a toasted brioche bun and served with fries). Today I had a Quaker pot for breakfast and an M&S sandwich and 2 mini mince pies for lunch. Really need to get back on the SW wagon for the next few days and over the weekend in order to minimise the damage that next week is going to bring!

Yesterday sounds lovely :) glad the rings have turned out well and you're happy with your florist! It's all coming together nicely for you!
I've just had a quote for my cake (was going to make my own but think ill be too busy in the run up) and I was pleasantly surprised. Always a winner when if cones to wedding stuff!
Yum yum to your tea.. I absolutely love brisket. I cooked a Tom Kerridge recipe a little while ago for pulled brisket, it was really delicious.
Good luck getting back on the wagon x

Morning eveyone. Urgh I feel so rubbish this morning but it's my own fault; leaving drinks for a colleague consisted of a few glasses of bubbles and a couple of whiskeys on a practically empty stomach, followed by cheesy chips at midnight. I'm more tired than hungover but my head is definitely feeling fuzzy. Have a 3 hour meeting today to sit through so I just hope I don't fall asleep! Think my wisdom teeth are trying to make a break for freedom again so that's not helping.

Food wise I have no idea today; don't really feel like eating at the moment but have some fruit and veg to snack on if I want it. Going to roast a squash tonight and maybe make some risotto with it. Hopefully some clean food like that will make me feel better.

Morning everyone, IT'S FRIDAY! And my last day before a lovely week off. Goign to be quite busy today sorting everything out but once it's done I can go. Met up with my for a drink last night (diet coke for me) and then went a perused a few stores on Oxford Street. Had a voucher for 20% off in H&M (my fave clothes shop) and ended up buying a denim shirt in a size 12 that I've wanted for ages. Really wanted a mustard yellow shirt too (its my colour, along with burgandy, grey and navy) but the 12 was a little too tight around the arms and they didn't have a 14. Going to see if I can track it down over the weekend.

My eating habits have just gone haywire this week; yesterday I ate a banana and some roast chicken and I wasn't really hungry for that. Still not feeling it today but I've managed to force some porridge down this morning and I'm definitely having my squash risotto tonight to use up the veg that's hanging around in the fridge.

Better get cracking with my list of tasks to do! Hope you all have a good day!

Just taking a quick break. Went to Physio this morning about my wrist and he's sayng it's something in my upper back / shulder / neck area that's causing the inital 'loading' on my wrist. Has given me one exercise to do and I have to take a break every 30 minutes and get up and walk around before re-setting my posture. I have to say I was rather distracted by this rather attractive Australian man massaging my shoulders for 20 minutes!

161059d1418576915-rubys-starting-over-again-untitled12.png

(Hope you can see the image, but have uploaded it twice incase you are using the mins app
smile.gif
)

untitled12.png

MERRY
CHRISTMAS xx

I know I've not been around much but ... :D

...here is a lovely Christmas card from the bunny to cheer u up :p
... I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas this year and I do hope to catch up with you all very soon ! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Lots of love
Kay xx

:xmassign:

Morning everyone! Back from a lovely break in Prague (even if OH did get reallllllly drunk one night and throw up all over our lovely bathroom). Ate a lot of yummy food, drank lots of yummy drinks and did A LOT of walking. Weighed in this morning and I'm 0.01 of a lb lighter, so I'm basically classing that as a STS, which is rather impressive considering I had pancakes, sausage patties and bacon covered in maple syrup with eggs and a bagel for breakfast every morning! Straight back on the wagon today and hoping to get down into the 10's before Christmas. Oh and while I was away I was offered a new job! It's a really exciting opportunity for me, a slight payrise, less of a commute and I'll be saving money in commuting costs which is really good. I might even be able to work from home from time to time. Just got to hope the references come back ok now!

Food wise, today looks like this:

15th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana, weetabix oaty bar (HEB)

Lunch - 3 mini egg quiches (eggs, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms) with beans and extra cherry tomatoes

Dinner - Cottage Pie (HEA of cheese) with mixed veg

Snacks - 2 clementines, hot chocolate (3.5 syns)

Oh and Kay, thanks so much for the bunny, it really cheered me up when I was on the train at 6 this morning!

So glad that Prague was good :) and so good about the sts!

Also super exciting about the new job when will it start?

xxxx

So glad that Prague was good :) and so good about the sts!

Also super exciting about the new job when will it start?

xxxx

Thanks! Absolutely no idea. They wanted to take references last week but I put them off because I wanted to tell my main manager first rather than her getting this random email asking for a reference! If they get them all back by the end of the week then it could be mid January but I'm more inclined to think that I won't be starting till the beginning of February. My current contract ends on the 9th Feb so I could just work till then and then I wouldn't be owing 30 hours of annual leave!

Morning everyone! It's rather cold in the basement this morning so I've gone round closing all the doors to stop the drafts blowing through (I sound like my nan!). Really enjoyed my food yesterday even though I'm not particulary keen on set eggs. Just wolfed down the egg muffin quiche things with lots of beans and it wasn't too bad. Basically having the same for lunch every day this week. Leaving work early to take the car for it's MOT and that's probably the highlight of my day!

16th December - Green

Breakfast - Weetabix oaty bar (HEB), banana

Lunch - Egg Muffins and beans

Dinner - Veg Risotto (mushrooms, asparagus, peas, spinach) with HEA of low low stirred through

Snacks - 2 clementines, gherkins, hot chocolate (2 syns)

Back