Rumbly Tums Diary - restart 2013 :)

Day 5 continued
Just had two pieces of fish with spices for tea with a delish dollop of cottage cheese. Out of curiosity, I weighed my portions properly tonight. I thought the fish I have been having was about 200g but no! Its weighs 80g when cooked and suprisingly ive been satisfied with that. Am currently glugging my third 500mls of water and pacing myself for tonights delicious choc orange CD bar.

Ive not been thinking about food as much as I used to do on prevous diets. Instead I am driven by the success stories on this forum and marvelling over peoples weekly weight losses. It re-affirms that this diet CAN work and that I can actually lost 3 stones by christmas. I can't think of any greater way to lose that amount of weight in such a short space of time. If I do lose 3 stones by christmas and indeed 4.5 stones by my birthday on 8th Feb, I will be chuffed to bloody bits.

10st isnt my ideal weight though. 8.5 to 9 stones is actually my ideal weight but Id be so happy to get to 10st as a realistic target for now.

Are the recommended portion sizes cooked or uncooked weights?

cooked :) you are actually allowed 265g of fish on level 2, 120g of fish of ss+

I just wanted to say that reading your posts that last few days gave me the push to start using mini's again for support and help :) I totally understand about how you want to feel for your 40th. I planned mine like the wedding I never had but still didn't get my bum into gear.. I had a lovely dress but when the pics came back I was so ashamed. So two years on I'm still not there but I am really going to try :) My CDC is great too. Oh yes and one more thing I am going to a ball in December... aghhhh.. thanks again rumbly-tum I owe you :D I'm off to try the mint shake now;)

Hey rumbly-tums,

I've just been reading your blog and it's made me laugh! But so true! I know exactly what you mean about needing the loo all the time. I had some carpet fitters in today doing the stairs and landing and I was desperate to go but didn't want to go past and interupt what they were doing so I crossed my legs, tightly! This is my first week and I've already picked out the thing I like, porridge not being one of them either! And as for the choc mint...YUM!! I look forward to seeing your success xx

I've heard about your chocolate mint shake. People say it's like drinking After Eights - yummmmmmmmmm

Hi Rumbly-tums, I have just caught up on your diary and your last two posts really resonated with me. I can completely identify with what you say, and how you feel. I too would love to wear a dress and look fantastic, and I AM going to prove all those people who are telling me I will fail, that I am going to follow this through and succeed.
Good luck, Hon. You are doing fantastically well. :)

Hi there, how are you getting on? And just echoing what everyone else says really you are 'fabulous' and more that once have had me cracking up with laughter. Your whole approach to CD is brilliant and should be bottled. Have a good day today xx

Thank you for your encouragement, everyone - its means a great deal to me. And slenda - you are right.....the mint choc shakes really do taste like after eights. Ive never enjoyed a shake so much (normally they make me heave)

Day 6
Im not overly happy today.

My CDC wants to weigh me today (and every Tuesday after today) as opposed to every Thursday (my starting day). Everyone thinks they get weighed every week (7 days) but its actually every 8 days. So Im getting weighed on day 6 and not day 8 which won't reflect the true first week loss - do you know what I mean? I know that every tuesday from now on will be 8 days, but still. These first weeks are crucial and keep you in line for the rest of the plan. I just had it in my head that I'd lose at least 10lbs and I don't think I have lost that much in 6 days.

I get weighed at 11:15am so we shall have to wait and see :p

One thing is that I know, right now, Ive lost weight as my yoga pants fit lovely instead of nipping me and my bra is looser on me. I should take these as a great result so far BUT I wantmy signature line below to have these explosive losses in my first week and on a day 6 its just not going to be that, is it?

I know I will feel I have to make excuses to my CDC even though she KNOWS that its day 6 too. And subconciously I also know that I won't have to make excuses because I have stuck to this rigidly, 100% and drank 2.5 to 3 litres of water rigidly too.

Oh god, Im in such a pickle about it. I should slap my head about with a wet kipper because there are worse things I could be moaning about like the price of cheese.

Last edited:
I know rumbly-tums, the first WI is important, BUT you may be surprised by what you see on the scales! Especially if before CD you used to eat a lot of carbs.

Good luck for your WI and keep us updated asap :D

I get weighed today too and it will be on the 7th day but mines not till 4pm! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

well all i can say is you are thinking about it too much..... i cant wait to hear how you have done....
you have lose clothes now, so i cant see what you shouldnt have lost a good number.... im sure you will be supprised with yourself.... and just think you do have a whole week next week so when you get that and average it out. im sure you will be shocked with yourself..

stop thinking about it, and enjoy the feeling of your clothes being loser, and that you are losing weight... even if it doesnt show on the scales you are losing inches. which at the end of the day is what you want. you want to feel good about yourself. you want to look good about yourself and you want to be happy..... :)
i think that is what is my problem. i am obbsessed with numbers on the scales.. i have to see that number hit goal, or its not true. although i will prob have bones sticking out everywhere and muscles the size of whatsits.... i just wanna see the numbers.. and i think that i need to not be so focused on them!!

WELL its 11:15am... exactly LOL
sooooo excited to see how you have done!!! GOOD LUCK!

WELL its 11:15am... exactly LOL
sooooo excited to see how you have done!!! GOOD LUCK!

I'm waiting too, with my imaginary popcorn in one arm and my imaginary diet coke in the other: this is better than a movie! :D

I'm waiting too, with my imaginary popcorn in one arm and my imaginary diet coke in the other: this is better than a movie! :D

LOVE IT!!! can i sit next to you! ill bring the imaginary malteasers so we can suck the chocolate off and throw tha balls at the bad bits.... (thats what we used to do when i was a teenager!!)

Certainly, join in! Hopefully someone will bring some imaginary nachos soon...:D

Naughty Kes! Well, you must have been a pleasure to sit next to at the cinema :p

well we had loads of fun... usually snuck in some drambue ( i cant spell) or some kind of spirit to get into out coke.. LOL.. drunken times...
hmmmm

Oh, I'm shocked. Of course I was an angel and would never have done that.........ever.......:rolleyes:

Good old times indeed :D

Back