running

Sorry to scare everyone with my title lol but I'm thinking of starting off running.
I've never liked it and never been right good at it, usually not being able to run for longer than 5minutes, not due to being unable, but my breathing, I find myself gasping for air.
Any hints/tips would be appreciated x

if you have an iphone you can download a couch to 5k ap. i started it 4 weeks ago, you are suppose to be able to run 5k in 8 weeks. i was never able to run, also i did a 5k last night walking/running which was really tuff but i never thought id be able to do it.hope this helps:)

Will look into it now. Thanks :)

i did that couch to 5k it really does work.... and i am the same (or was lol) couldnt breathe after a few minutes x

hey hun,

if you have an iphone download an app called Get Running, its an icon of a trainer. Im starting it tomorrow! like you i cant run to save my life! but its supposed to be really gd! if you look in the "off topic" section in WW theres a thread about it xx

emmaedes said:
hey hun,

if you have an iphone download an app called Get Running, its an icon of a trainer. Im starting it tomorrow! like you i cant run to save my life! but its supposed to be really gd! if you look in the "off topic" section in WW theres a thread about it xx

Thanks ill have a nosey now x

hollyjayneratcliffe said:
Thanks ill have a nosey now x

A couple of years ago, I started running and from going from not running at all and being overweight and not fit at all. Within a month I was running 2 miles! It's a great far burner and your shape with change overnight! I went 3 times a week! X

vadey said:
A couple of years ago, I started running and from going from not running at all and being overweight and not fit at all. Within a month I was running 2 miles! It's a great far burner and your shape with change overnight! I went 3 times a week! X

I've started today and just done ten minutes constant running. I couldn't do that a month ago. Might sound silly but its a huge achievement to me x

Well done! Maybe I might start too!!!

I've started today and just done ten minutes constant running. I couldn't do that a month ago. Might sound silly but its a huge achievement to me x

Well done!!! Keep going x

vadey said:
Well done!!! Keep going x

Gonna try for 12 tomorrow and 14 Saturday ect this time next week I'm hoping for 20mins. Slow and steady x

Gonna try for 12 tomorrow and 14 Saturday ect this time next week I'm hoping for 20mins. Slow and steady x

That's it and you will build it up, and I bet your surprised how quickly you do! X

If you're fit to do 20 mins constant running next week then fair play to ya!! It takes around 5 or 6 weeks with couch to 5k to get that far.
Be careful though that you don't injure yourself by pushing yourself too hard hon. If you want to build it up _slooooowly_ then just do couch25k - jumping from 10mins to 20mins constant running in one week isn't slow at all, it's really fast lol!
I did c25k, it does work if you've the patience for it - I even did a 10km mini marathon & a 5mile race in June this year :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Well I did ten mins yesterday and I could have done more I think. So ill just go until I can't and not stick to a time. It was on a treadmill so a bit easier

Well I did ten mins yesterday and I could have done more I think. So ill just go until I can't and not stick to a time. It was on a treadmill so a bit easier

How's the running going x

Back