Russiandoll's diary - every day a Day 1

Okay, that makes sense. People eat non stop at ny office it is so annoying!!

Could you take some veggies to nibble?? Dr pepper or coke zero??? Just thinkin somethin so you have a little to chew

Xxx

Some Duct tape to slap over some piggie mouths might be better :D

Hahahaaa problem solved :p Xx

Russiandoll said:
Some Duct tape to slap over some piggie mouths might be better :D

Haha! Love that!
Sneeze at them! Cough in their direction with no hand over your mouth...
Bring in some disgusting smelly cheese you hate and sit it at your desk.. Take the same bit in every day for a week..
Strong smelling air freshener set to go off every 5 mins and angle it at their food? You know those fake stone ones?
Something you know they hate like lavender..
You would hate to sit opposite me if I had a bug bear I can tell you. Lol..

Take in crudités of broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and make a soup pack into a dip?

Best I can think of at the moment, best of luck with that!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

How did today go? I had crap day so hoping I have worst day over lol!

How did today go? I had crap day so hoping I have worst day over lol!

It's not going fantastically well Anne Marie. I'm tired - nay exhausted - and that's a big danger area for me. Add to that the stress over the 'eating brigade' at work plus other stuff, I'm finding the whole dieting thing a huge struggle.

I was ravenous when I got home from job 1 today and succumbed to some steamed cauliflower. What I actually wanted was cheese on toast but I suppose I exercised some damage limitation with the cauli so it's not the end of the world. But it's not in the spirit of a VLCD either so not too impressed with myself.

I think I'm going to need a power nap before job 2 tonight. Utterly shattered here :cry:

Aw that is a shame! I am more tired and cold this time round too!! I am sure the cauliflower will be fine and well done you!!!

Guess I am lucky that it is school hols so I can take things easy. I am working on a uni dissertation and managed to get some done today - yesterday was a washout lol!!

Keep going - we both know that it works!!! Can only get easier lol !!!

Aw that is a shame! I am more tired and cold this time round too!! I am sure the cauliflower will be fine and well done you!!!

Guess I am lucky that it is school hols so I can take things easy. I am working on a uni dissertation and managed to get some done today - yesterday was a washout lol!!

Keep going - we both know that it works!!! Can only get easier lol !!!

I remember doing my dissertation very well!! I stupidly left it until the last minute and gave myself just 10 days to do it from start to finish!

What's yours on?

Hi RussianDoll,
Good to see you're still fighting the good fight ( the Battle of the Bulge!). :D
I placed my order for a months supply of S&S to-day so you'll have to suffer my belly aching in every sense of the word for the next 4 weeks :rolleyes:

I just read your thread, and I'm delighted to see you haven't lost your sense of humour. As regards your situation at work, I would certainly ask to be moved from the line of sight of the Cookie Monsters. Come up with any excuse, "You're in a draft", You feel nauseous and need to be near a window etc, and if all else fails, just tell the truth, that they are effecting your productivity because it is like sitting in front of a row of cement mixers!!!

Good luck with that!

Conor

Cauliflower is fine hun. Relax!! Enjoy your veggies n packs.

Are you doing four packs or three???

Hope your feeling more refreshed today Xx

Hi Conor! So good to 'see' you again. As for the fight, I think it'll be history's longest battle campaign but what's the alternative? Don't want to gain - and although I've actually been the same weight for 3 years now so technically 'maintaining' it's been maintaining at 5st too heavy!

I've found that I'm quite rubbish at the TMR thing and constantly have 'extras' although I try really hard to make these extras small protein nibbles rather than a bucket load of pasta. Oh - and Rebekah - I'm on the four packs a day. My mega long day which starts at job 1 @ 8am, short break in the middle then job 2 from 5 til 9pm makes it quite hard to keep on top of a diet - any diet. All I can do is try my best and not become despondent if I slip.

Humans are programmed to eat - trying to buck 2 million years of evolution isn't easy but I can't throw the towel in or I'll end up back at 22st again - or maybe even more and I'm just not prepared to go there.

I keep putting off speaking to my manager about the munchie mob opposite me because I don't want to cause friction or bad feeling but I'm going to have to say something to him at some point - either that or I'll end up playing out one of the mental scenarios I play out in my head every night. Like the one where I march round to the main culprits desk, snatch the family sized pack of Doritos out of her hand, throw it to the floor and stamp all over it until it's a bag of dust. Then picking it up, I hand it back to her saying 'There - try crunching on THAT!' Oh bliss!! :D

If only ....

Actually that would be so funny if you did that at work!!! Bet a few people would cheer cos I am sure it isn't just you that finds it annoying lol

My dissertation is on education management - part of the SQH and I have hated it sooooo much!

Well day 4 done and getting into swing of it. Like the slim and save stuff better than CD.

How are you?

Hi Anne Marie
I confess I'm not sticking to it 100% - but doing my best under difficult circumstances. I certainly won't be seeing the results I had first time around on Cambridge where I stuck to SS religiously but if I can see a gradual downward trend then I'll be ok with that. If it takes me double the time then so be it.

Like you, I'm preferring the S&S stuff to the CD - and I'm loving being able to have proper 'meals'. Tonight I had spicy spaghetti with steamed veg - I didn't eat with a fork for 10 months on Cambridge! That sort of did my head in - I was psychologically a bit screwed up and scared to even eat lettuce. I'm trying to avoid a fear of food this time as I don't think that's particularly healthy.

How are you getting along with it?

(PS - well done on the dissertation! Sounds very serious. Mine was on Little Red Riding Hood ... the evolution of a fairy tale. I did a lot on the feminist perspective and memetics. I enjoyed doing it although leaving it until 10 days before the submission date was a bit daft and very stressful!)

I remember being very impressed at your commitment to SS - I stuck to it most of the time but had occasional meals out etc. I was lucky to have a very down to earth CDC who advised me to have what I wanted on a night out and start back next day. Worked out fine.

Like you, I kinda maintained for a few years but at a heavy weight funny how I was happy at size 18 ( had been 14-16) but wake up call was moving up to size 20!! Also, I hadn't actually weighed myself for years so easy to kid myself on that it wasn't that bad and at least I wasn't back to my original size 24-26!!

Your dissertation sounds fun. Mine is just 10,000 words plus appendices/ evidence. Hope to get most of it done by end of next week then fine tune by 5th September deadline. Hate it cos it is very theoretical and I am a Mathis person lol.

Good luck tomorrow.

Good woman RussianDoll, you amazed me a year ago and I am still in awe of your ability to keep going against all odds! With a dogged determination like that, you are certain to succeed. How you can find time to eat or prepare proper meals is beyond my comprehension. At least you have not sucummed to the constant grazing that your work colleagues have chosen, Cudos to you on that front!

Never mind that you're taking the scenic route to your goal weight, the journey may be longer, but the twists and turns along the way will make it all the more memorable.

Best wishes,

Conor

Hi again Conor. Will be watching your progress on S&S with interest.
Evaluating last week has brought me to the conclusion it wasn't great. I felt that most of the time I was just treading water and trying to maintain the week before's loss. Weigh in is on Monday and I don't think it's going to be good.

I feel weak and pathetic. I swing from highs of optimism to deep troughs of despair - I do hate the lack of consistency in my moods and find it very detrimental to my dieting efforts. Maybe there's more to it. I do feel trapped by my current lifestyle - the long hours, the mess my house is in, the fact we have to move and my eldest's daughter's rejection of me (including moving hundreds of miles away and stopping me from having ANY contact with my grandchildren). Keeping any kind of motivation going seems a monumental task. Gosh I sound like a misery guts today! Just a bit low ... will be spending the weekend chilling I think. The weather isn't helping either lol

Hope you're all doing better than I am.

Hi RD, sorry you are having a bad time at the moment. My mood is very similar to yours actually, and what you said about treading water and the mood swings are exactly what I have been going through since Thursday. I am going to start afresh on Monday with a new regime of 3 packs and multivitamins, as I don't think 4 packs are helping - if anything they seem to make me want more!

Have a good weekend x

Sorry you are having a crap time doll- wee pampering weekend might help.
Bizarrely, my son is causing upset just now and I haven"t seen my granddaughter for 15 months! I am sure things will work out for both of us eventually!
Look after yourself this weekend and have a think about your direction. Jobs sound like a major stress and I am sure you are knackered and that won't help.
Take care xx

Thanks for the support Cheryl and Anne Marie.
I don't think I can go to three packs because of my stupidly weird working hours. The gaps would be too long and I'm at work during 'eating' time so I'll try sticking to the 4 packs. I'll just have to carry on chipping away and take each day as it comes - hence the new name of my diary 'every day a day 1'

I had a nice day at the shops today. Bought some new shoes and a bag (ok, they were for work but it was still nice doing stuff that didn't involve housework). I was also looking at a new laptop - cute little 13" number. I'll think it over.

Hope you're all having a good day.

PS
Sorry to hear about your son keeping you and your granddaughter apart - I haven't seen mine for a couple of years so I know just how you're feeling. Kids can be so cruel sometimes.

Back