Russiandoll's Diary

Hiya RD - Wasn't the film good. I went to see it tonight as well and was salivating whilst watching all the other viewers munching popcorn, nachos, chocolate etc and me with me bliddy water.
I think it's brilliant that you've completed a day. I've read several of your other posts and you have always been so encouraging to other people.
What I love about this forum is that people aren't afraid to be honest - there's no pretence, even from the counsellors. It's brilliant that we can celebrate our up times together and support each other when things are difficult.
You WILL do this RD. You are a positive and strong woman. Hang in there - we are all with you.
love
Tansyx:)
ps - I'm a new CDer on Day 3!

Well done on resisting the temptation at the cinema ... and let's face it, there is a LOT of temptation!

You don't realise what a noisy pig-fest a night at the flicks is until you're not eating and can hear all the crunching and slurping!!

Well done RD, thats day one under your belt, at the weekend too, which I always think is harder.

Looking forward to your first weigh-in knowing how much that will spur you on!

Hope you have a really good day 2!

love

Day 2 - Sunday 6th

It was a very quiet day today. It's not that I didn't have plenty of things to do but just that I couldn't be bothered to do them! DH and me just had a very, very lazy day!

I did a bit of laundry, housework and general wafting about then went to the cemetary in the afternoon as there was a report in the local paper of children's graves having things stolen off them; I wanted to check Alex's to make sure everything was still there. Fortunately, nothing has been touched - my niece Felicity's and nephew James' graves are also ok. Phew!
There are some sick puppies out there!! :mad:

Day 2 is coming to a close and so far, so good. I did get a bit hungry at about 6pm but had my thick soup and I'm fine now.
As always, it's the water I have a problem with (especially as it's so cold and the last thing I feel like is a glass of water!)
I've managed about 3L which isn't too bad though.

I'm about to dye my hair (the demon grey is threatening to take over my whole head!) and tomorrow, I'm off to have a cut & blow dry to try and keep my spirits up.
On Tuesday, I have an appointment to see the curator of the Royal Marines Museum in Southsea to discuss my Uni work placement. I'm quite looking forward to it but a bit nervous as it'll involve me being told about a project I'll be set, which I'll have to see through & write about for an assessment towards my degree.

Another day over and still feeling cautiously optimistic!

russian doll i was here oct 2006 and you gave me help .......................i put 23 lbs on of my 3 stone loss ..........so here i am day 4 ................. from march 2007 to just now i didn't eat properly but had cakes or toast each day !! so my own fault ........... but the thing that matters now is we are here now ...posting and ss ing .............. we are special cos we have done it before !!!!!!! xxx

Hi Mustdoit
Lovely to see you again - blinkers on, head down and that 23lb will be gone in no time! :)

Rock on Debbie....:D...you're doing great and absolutely NO DOUBT you can do this!!!

Ruddy well done on such a focused and fantastic start. Given me a right kick up the jacksy, I can tell you...lol:rolleyes:

Lacey..xx :)

thanks ..........be looking out for you ........... so keep on the straight and narrow!!!! xx

Hi Isis
Give or take a lb or 2, we're at about the same place so we can trot along together :)

I can't wait to get back into all those yummy smaller clothes I bought - my poor wardrobe is creaking under the strain of the smaller clothes I shrunk into last time and the bigger ones I had to get when I started regaining!! lol

I fully intend to not only get back into them, but go smaller this time. (I can't actually imagine doing so - but I have to believe I will!)

Believe it RD, coz you will do it.

We are all behind you, with a boot up the bum or a lovely listening ear, which ever you need.

Go for it x

Know how you feel RD.I went into Evans yesterday thinking I might buy a top or two. Then I thought 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' I do not need any more stuff that will soon be too big! Walked out with my head held high in the happy knowledge that I had just saved myself about 50quid!

Thing is I know I only have to lose about another 10lbs and i will start to fit back into some clothes I haven't worn in a long while. That is worth waiting for. For you CD folk I know that dropping down the sizes happens really quickly, so be patient Debbie, it won't be long.

Good luck with day 3, guess you'll be in Ketosis soon?

Love

I hope it'll come soon Barb. I don't feel bad at all - no headaches or anything; just a bit 'peckish' which is to be expected.

Once the progesterone was out of my system (mid December I think) I stopped being such a carb junkie - so maybe I won't be experiencing the severe carb withdrawals that CAN occur on a VLCD if you're packed full of glycogen.

An average dinner for me before I went on CD was my fave ... steamed veg with tuna in some sort of sauce (thai chilli, lemon & cracked black pepper or tomato & herb) - no spuds. So you can see I wasn't exactly packing the carbs in! I think this has definitely helped.

I'm going to try and get some ketostix later today when I go into town to have my hair done. I'll probably have to go to Boots - the only chemist in town - so I'll expect the Spanish Iniquisition!!

I dyed my hair last night ... it was 'Lightest golden brown' on the packet. The end result is more 'Grenadier Guard's furry hat'!! A bit darker than I expected but never mind - at least the grey is gone!

Catch you later ... :)

End of day 3 - Mon 7th

Well, that's day 3 out of the way. It wasn't too difficult but I've recognised one of the problems with a 're-start' ... the first time around is a novelty - the whole concept of not eating, the shakes (which seem like magical potions in the beginning) and all the research you tend to do and questions you tend to ask. In short - it's exciting!Once you've become a 'veteran', the novelty has definitely worn thin. I'm sticking with it because I know I must - and because I know it'll take me where I want to be but it gets monotonous a lot quicker than when it's all bright and new.

I had my hair done today and went for a very funky, choppy short style. Well, it WAS funky until I walked along the High St and was caught in a torrential downpour! :badmood:My trendy new style rapidly descended through 'lank' and into 'drooping' before ending up at 'flat'. :sigh:
Oh well, it looked nice for 10 minutes. I hope I can recreate the stylist's skill tomorrow though as I have my preliminary meeting with the curator at the RM Museum in Southsea for my Uni work placement. I have NO idea what project I'm going to be set but it's likely to be connected to educational visits or something similar. I'm both excited AND nervous!

Hunger wasn't a major problem earlier in the day; I waited until 10:30am before I had my first shake - my hairdresser's appointment was 11:15 and I had to go shopping afterwards so I thought this would tide me over until later. I was right - I was fine all over lunch-time but DID get very hungry at about 5pm.
I didn't really want to eat then as I knew I'd then get hungry later so I had a cup of Bouillon and lasted until 7pm.

Day 3 down - only another ummmm *whatever* to go!

Well done darling. I know exactly what you mean about the initial rush of the first time round, its like being a "virgin" lol. BUT, we both know its a means to an end, and once you make it to the end it will have been sooooo worth it xxxx

LOL @ 'virgin' :D

My goodness, Charlotte is such a beautiful bonny baby!!!

Thanks Cheryl

This weight loss m'larky has never felt like such a battle. Maybe because I'm CONSTANTLY aware of it - when I'm failing, when I'm trying, when I'm succeeding.
Unfortunately, I've developed a mind-set that tells me that on the tail of success is always failure. When will this bloody self-destructive cycle ever end???

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic this time without heaping too many high expectations on myself. Once bitten and all that ...

Oh - a minor achievement today ... I downed 4L of water - in THIS weather! I'm really making more of an effort there - it was always my stumbling block!

LOL @ 'virgin' :D

My goodness, Charlotte is such a beautiful bonny baby!!!

Thanks hun, I simply adore her, I am babysitting her tomorrow.

Unfortunately, DS and his partner have gone for a temporary splilt, I am gutted, and hope the twins aren't affected too much

Back