Russiandoll's Diary

What a wonderful picture you painted hun.

You are sounding so upbeat, surely Miss K must be in residence.

Keep up the good work xxxx

going great guns Debbie.
hope K is banging on your dorr, makes it alot easier eh !
Fab to hear you ARE coming to Brum, its a blast.
laa
xx

The ketostix ..... he say PINK! ;)

:party0038:

Yayyy! Now you are really on your way Debbie!

Yay for Ketosis and nearly a week done already, well done!!!! :D

yay well done debbie
i`m on week one restart and i haven`t got any sticks i`m just guessing i am cos of how i feel
woohoo you go for it lady
keep up the good work
kaz

Thanks guys!

At the end of the day, we don't really 'need' ketostix to tell us we're in ketosis ... if we're hardly eating any carbs then we're going to be in ketosis!

But it's just nice to have that little pink confirmation! ;)

Start of day 6 - Thurs 10th Jan

I felt a bit washed out yesterday - I think it's because I went to bed at Silly O' Clock the night before. I resolved to go to bed earlier last night but spent ages just lying awake trying to 'force' myself to sleep!

I'm happier knowing I'm in ketosis but it was strange that when I found out that I was for definite, my immediate urge was to eat something! I didn't, but it was an interesting observation and something I might be able to understand as I begin to unravel what is going on in my thought processes.

I couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning - I won't say what it said but suffice to say I was a little disappointed. But I logged on here this morning to see that someone had posted the same thing and I replied with a sensible explanation - why didn't I give myself that same pep talk in the bathroom this morning instead of feeling cr*p??

Thinking logically, before I started SSing, I was eating few carbs. This wasn't a conscious effort but a response to feeling bleuuch about all the stodge I'd eaten at Christmas. I just wanted 'lighter' food so I was having tuna with steamed green veg for dinner and practically no bread, pasta etc. COnsequently, I think that perhaps I didn't have a monumentally large glycogen store. I might have been in ketosis for longer than I thought - I only know I was 'in' yesterday because I'd bought some sticks.
That thought has made me feel a lot better.

The fact of the matter is that I want to get this sorted - and that means losing weight and getting healthier OVER A PERIOD OF TIME but I'm not going to get all hung up over set figures.
I want to reduce my weight WHILST conducting my life ... I got so wrapped up in 'weight loss, weight loss' last time that I didn't really stop to think what being thinner would mean to me as I approached my goal.

I didn't work on ME, on WHO 'Debbie' is and WHY I do things that stop me from being all I can be. Consequently, at 12st 7lb I felt the same in my head as I did at 22st - only I didn't have the fat to blame for my insecurities. Regaining my weight means that, once again, I have given myself the opportunity to focus on my weight which distracts me from the deeper issues I'm harbouring.

But no more!! I'm taking a two pronged approach this time. By the time I get to where I want to be weight-wise, I intend to be ready in my head to accept the new, self-confident person I plan to be INSIDE. When the inside is 'right', the outside will be able to project it.:)

Phew! That was a longer, deeper post than I had planned!! lol

wow Debbie, thats strong stuff !
Do you actually know who "Debbie" is, cos i don't know who "Cheryl" is really, for so long i have been "Ash's wife" & "the girls mum" that the real me so infrequently comes thru that offten i fail to recognise her.
I understand what you say about recognising your different peoples assosiating with removing & putting on weight.
good luck
laa
xx

Day 7 - Fri Jan 11th

Hee I am at the start of day 7 - my weigh in is at 5pm. The week has been 'ok' ... true to say I'm not fired up with the raging enthusiasm I had the first time I ever did CD but let's just say I'm quietly determined!

I stepped on my bathroom scales this morning and, according to them, I'm not going to see the huge 'wow' result I've had on previous 1st weeks but the figure was definitely down - and that's what counts really. I'll post my official weigh in later though.

I'm being more philisophical this time. I want to be 'at goal' (whatever that turns out to be) by the time I graduate in mid 2009 so I technically don't NEED to lose a stone per month although I DO need the satisfaction a decent loss each week gives. With that in mind, I think I'm going to move to 790 now that I have the first week under my belt.
If I remember rightly, 790 gives an average loss of around 12lb a month - that would do me fine. Strange how we consider half a stone a month 'slow' but if gain it at that rate, it's phenomenally fast!
My regain of 5st in 10 months is just that - jaw droppingly fast. So why wouldn't I be happy with the same result in reverse? :confused:

I guess it's because, like most other people, I want to be thinner 'yesterday'. But this time I've decided I also want compromise - reasonably speedy results with time for my head to adjust AND with food in the equation ... I think the 790 will give me all of those.

Later peeps :)

Good luck for weigh in RD and at the end of the day a loss is a loss... I don't expect to have the big first week loss I had when I started way back when.... and like you I haven't got that rush of enthusiasm this time.... it's a bit of a case of bin there done that.... so know what I'm doing.... I really do feel the very first time you do a VCLD is like falling in love ..... it's passionate and all consuming and you can never quite get them feelings back again.... not to say it can't be done though... perhaps is a slow burning, comfortable love these days....lol!!:D

790 is a good plan and I think I will probably be on that sooner rather than later.... just need a couple of weeks SSing under my belt to prove I can still do it....:rolleyes:

Anyway, have a good day and look forward to your results later.... :D

RD, You are doing so well!!!!!!! :clap:

:D

End of week 1 :)

DD2 (who is expecting her first baby - a boy - in Feb) is visiting for the weekend with her DH and is currently in the other room with the rest of the family enjoying a yummy sherpherds pie with veggies that I made for everyone (I'm in ketosis - it was no problem) so I'm here playing catch-up with my diary.

I had my first weigh-in at 5pm and am delighted with an 8lb loss :D. I had been eating low carb the week before the diet - not because I was 'preparing' but because I'd had enough of stodgy food after Christmas - so I knew it wouldn't be in the jaw dropping double figures I've had in the past but I'm over the moon with a loss of over half a stone in a week.

I've decided to go to 790 now that I'm well in ketosis and kick started the diet. I'm trying a bit of an experiment; before dinner I tested for ketosis (positive), I've had some tuna steak in a Thai Chilli sauce with a handful of steamed broccoli, cauli and fine green beans (that's a COMBINED handful - not a handful of each!) followed by a CD choc orange mousse. I haven't even had my third pack yet so I'll have a bar later with a hot drink.

Tomorrow, I'll test for ketosis in the morning and we'll see what happens ... watch this space!

So it's week 1 over - onto week 2 :)

Hi Isis
Give or take a lb or 2, we're at about the same place so we can trot along together :)

I can't wait to get back into all those yummy smaller clothes I bought - my poor wardrobe is creaking under the strain of the smaller clothes I shrunk into last time and the bigger ones I had to get when I started regaining!! lol

I fully intend to not only get back into them, but go smaller this time. (I can't actually imagine doing so - but I have to believe I will!)

Trotting along with you sounds like a very good idea to me!! :)

Back