Russiandoll's Diary

A huge well done RD you'll see the weight falling off in no time and well done on the water front that is my downfall i just don't like water:sigh:

Do we get to see pics of the new hair do?

Keep your chin up and go for gold!

Good luck with your restart Russiandoll. Do be kind to yourself about the weight thing, life can throw some horrible things at you sometimes and it's all you can do to keep going everyday, let alone do something as hard as stick to a diet. I was slim about 5 years ago after losing 8 stone, vowed never to put it back on but after a really horrible couple of years, i did, and more. It's so easily done.

Look forward to hearing how you've done this week, you sound really positive :)

And just look at you now. You've done jolly well to get it off again! :)

Well done on Day 3 Debs.

I'm Pretty confident you'll shoot through the 18's & the 17's in no time!

xxx

Tues 8th - Day 4

It was a mixed bag of feelings today. I din't have much time to think in the morning because, firstly, I took DD4 to school (she normally cycles but the weather was FOUL) only to find she'd forgotten her PE kit.
I said I'd drop it off but had to get ready first as I had my meeting with my project co-ordinator for my University work placement. So it was shower, hair done, a bit of slap then just as I was leaving I thought "sh** - forgot to have a shake and I'll never last til later in the afternoon" so I threw a toffee & walnut shake together, gulped it down, then raced out of the door.

Dropped the kit off at DD's school then drove over to Portsmouth. The guy was really nice (and not half bad looking either). He took me on a tour of the RM Museum which was interesting but there are LOADS of stairs and I felt every single one of those pounds I regained! :(

Anyway, he's given me some ideas for the project I'm supposed to put together <gulp> and after two hours, I left. I was ravenously hungry by that time - must be a 'day 4' thing!
I had a veggie soup when I got home which did the trick. I still felt 'nibbly' all afternoon though - habit and tiredness I think. I was also a bit resentful and negative about the diet ... again, I think (or hope!) it's just a phase.

For dinner I had a cup of Marigold followed by a strawberry mousse - feel pretty much satisfied by that. What I'd do for some steamed green beans and cauli though!

Dat 4 over - onwards and downwards.

Hi RD,

It must be so hard for you to only be able to have 3 shakes per day. I remember how lucky I am - and still yet unabe to do the damned diet (although I will for 2008!).

I'm always impressed by people who perservere. You are impressing me. Good luck with your dissertation project. If you don't get a 1st Class Degree there simply isn't any justice in the world.

Talking of which, what are your plans post Degree? PhD may be or work?

xx

Well done on getting to Day 4 RD.... that's fantastic.... I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow so hopefully won't be too far behind you!!!!

Keep repeating this saying.....

'We will be slim this summer, we will be slim this summer...lol !!'

I think it'll be straight into the harness to repay the mountain of debt I'll have by the time I graduate in 2009 :sigh:

In another life perhaps I could have been 'Dr Russiandoll' :p

I'd forgotten you're tall enough for 4 shakes! The trick for me is to fool myself into thinking I've had 4 ... hence the Marigold! Ahhh - sneaky me! CD jelly is a pretty good 'cheat' too. I can't have that at the mo though as I have only 1.5 scoops of mix-a-mousse left and two days til I can get some more at my weigh-in ... methinks I'll be having a very sloppy mousse on Thursday night!

Well done on getting to Day 4 RD.... that's fantastic.... I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow so hopefully won't be too far behind you!!!!

Keep repeating this saying.....

'We will be slim this summer, we will be slim this summer...lol !!'

Good luck on day 1 Mich! We all know that this dieting / CD lark is primarily a huge 'head-game' ... and if we play the game to win, we WILL succeed!

well done on another day done & dusted Debbie, just think of all the cals those steps burned off, not the pounds you've put on. make sure you think of the possitives & dismiss the negatives, it'll make the journey easier.
laa
xx

What an excellent perspective Cheryl!! Thanks :)

Hi RD you have done fab to get day 4 over with i can remember when you lost your weight last time you were a real insperation to me.

Sorry you have had such a bad year lets hope 2008 will lead the way for you. and i know you can do it again

Beat of Luck but im sure you won't need it.

Thank you Irene and Petal ... I really appreciate the support and encouragement. :)

I think it'll be straight into the harness to repay the mountain of debt I'll have by the time I graduate in 2009 :sigh:

In another life perhaps I could have been 'Dr Russiandoll' :p

I'd forgotten you're tall enough for 4 shakes! The trick for me is to fool myself into thinking I've had 4 ... hence the Marigold! Ahhh - sneaky me! CD jelly is a pretty good 'cheat' too. I can't have that at the mo though as I have only 1.5 scoops of mix-a-mousse left and two days til I can get some more at my weigh-in ... methinks I'll be having a very sloppy mousse on Thursday night!

I'm a fat lanky chick!! May be I could kid myself into thinking I have 5 or even 6 shakes per day with Marigold?!! Hhmmmmm...

Never tried the mousses etc.

Well if you need someone independant to proof read your dissertation you know where I am.

xx

Well done Debs hun. Day 4 over! Let's hope its all plain sailing from now on, surely the K fairy must be on her way xxxx

Day 4 done already, this week is racing by Debbie, you'll soon be at weigh-in and should see a good drop on those dratted scales!

Have a good day.

Love

Start of day 5 - Weds 9th

The weather last night was dreadful - I thought our flimsy lean-to next to the house was going to disappear 'Wizard of Oz' style! It has to come down anyway - but I'd prefer it to be done in an organised fashion! Luckily, it was just a lot of rattling and creaking & no real damage was done.
I offered to take my youngest DD and her cousin to school in the car because I thought the weather might continue - but along the Bay, I could see that the bad weather was long gone and they could have cycled after all. Oh well, never mind. It gave the opportunity to admire the wonderful sea-scape.

There was a beautiful clear sky, a bright orangey sun and just few whisps of pink cloud on the horizon. The Isle of Wight across the Solent looked beautiful; I could even see the church spire in Ryde. A few little white sails on the water completed a lovely picture.

I'd like to take the dog for a good long walk - this is the first day I've really felt up for it ... it's lovely out there! Unfortunately, I have a surveyor coming out in a couple of hours and the house looks like something out of DIY SOS. I need to straighten things up a bit (even though they're really only coming out to take a squizz at the bricks and mortar). Still - the weather today has reminded me that Spring is just around the corner; yayy!

I haven't had my first pack yet - will do when I feel the need. I'm not particularly hungry ... could the big K be rearing it's lovely head?? I need to get some Ketostix and check - will do that later.

Back