Russiandoll's Diary

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
I had my first weigh-in last night since regaining almost everything I lost.

My starting point is 18st 1lb.

I started in March 2006 at 18st 13lb so almost back to the beginning but I'm trying not to focus on that - I've had a nightmare of a year and I need to be kind to myself for once.

The one good bit of news is that just before Christmas, I was 18st 6lb ... so I've actually LOST weight since Dec 21st! I put that down to the progesterone that blighted me all last year now being out of my system.
I certainly ate what I wanted knowing I was going back on CD but obviously not as much as I thought.

Anyway - here I am on day 1. Haven't had my first pack yet as I'm not hungry but enjoying a nice, black coffee! :)

SHOULD drop into the 17s next week!

Well done Debbie!!! Its easy to think badly of ourselves - i had a moment on new year's day when i thought - well here i am the same weight as this time last year- HOWEVER i did pull myself up a bit when i thought about my nightmare year - hub got made redundant, i had car crash, trouble with teenager, hub had brain haemorrhage, nightmare move from hell that dragged on for 6 months!

All in all i am just happy just to have survived the year and come out the other side sane and with my family intact and healthy - so determined not to get too hung up on my weight!

Thanks Hels - I think we all have to try and think of the bigger picture sometimes. We can get hung up on our weight and guage our success or failure based on the numbers on a scale when, in fact, just getting through horrendous experiences such as the ones you and I have experienced is success enough!

Now my boat seems to have stopped rocking so violently, I can refocus on my weight. :)

Good luck with your restart Russiandoll. Do be kind to yourself about the weight thing, life can throw some horrible things at you sometimes and it's all you can do to keep going everyday, let alone do something as hard as stick to a diet. I was slim about 5 years ago after losing 8 stone, vowed never to put it back on but after a really horrible couple of years, i did, and more. It's so easily done.

Look forward to hearing how you've done this week, you sound really positive :)

I vowed I'd never be this big again as well Ava ... and even got rid of all my bigger clothes as I shrunk I was so convinced I'd never regain the weight.

And that's why I'm now walking aorund in charity shop clothes (didn't want to spend a fortune in Evans as I ballooned again!) :sigh:

On the upside ... I have an ENORMOUS box of smaller clothes to shrink into! :)

I did exactly the same RD, getting rid of all my big clothes. Its really depressing, looking at all the smaller clothes in my wardrobe. I shall watch your progress with interest! I bet you'll be back in your old clothes in no time.

I too am back on CD, trying to ss, after gaining most of my losses back. I am not brave enough to start a diary though!

You can do it Debbie, you will soon see those numbers dropping and you'll be back in those smaller sizes in no time.
Be kind to yourself, focus on one day at a time and before you know it you will be back to feeling slimmer, fitter and happier!

Love

You'll be back in those clothes before you know it :)

hi Debbie,
good to see you sounding positive, banish all those negative thoughts & try forget 2007 never happened !
you know we're all here for you, thats why you're back posting.
good luck (hear you MAY be comming to Brum, would be fab 2 see you again)
xx

Well done on starting again! I have been trying to restart for a week now - no success as yet. Will keep trying though. I think coming onto this forum really helps as you realise you are not alone. I too am at the same weight as last year, despite dieting on and off all year!! I would really like to just get on with it and do it and keep it off! Here we all go again ......... Keep in touch - it really helps - other people and you.

Best wishes
Suzanne

What a journey we are all on

:wavey:Hi RD

I don't want to send lots of luck & stuff 'cause I know you are going to do it. Just know that I'm with you all the way and I sincerely appreciate the comment you left on my blog. I'm working towards my first goal as well, and it's the same as yours. 10% seems so significant but NOT overwhelming.

2008 is going to be better for all of us - I just know it:D

Thanks for all the wonderful support - right from the start!! :)

In at the deep end ....

We've decided to go to the cinema tonight to see 'I am Legend' and, of course, my 'treat' will be a bottle of water (or two).
It seems that going to the flicks has become, culturally, another excuse for a food-fest... I know it was always a place for an ice-cream in the interval but now, it's hot-dogs, popcorn by the bucketful, tortilla chips 'n dips and tubs of sweets.

I can remember from last time that I used to take a bar cut into little chunks - worked a treat but of course, I've only just started day 1 so that's not an option.
The film is on at 20.45 so I plan to put off having my soup until shortly before I go (with psyllium husks of course for extra filling power) then at least I won't be physically hungry.

I wouldn't bother but I REALLY want to see Will Smith in action on the big screen <drool>!!

Hi Russiandoll good luck for 2008 the weight will drop off again youll see luv Mandy x

Well, that's day 1 over - not too much of a trial. I went to see 'I am Legend' (very good) and got through with just a bottle of water - £2.50 though!!!! I'll sneak my own in next time!

I had my first Leek & Potato soup this evening - not bad. I made it thick with some PH and had a sprinkle of black pepper on top - very civilised! I'm expecting the old rumbly tumbly over the next couple of days but then the ketosis fairy will visit and it'll get easier.

Bring on day 2!!

Back