Russiandoll's Diary

fantastic on the pound loss btw.. at the end of the day.. no matter what.. its a loss.. and the amount you've lost since january is faaaab!
well done on the exam results btw.. absaloutly amazing..
Love youuuu x x x x

Awwww thanks Cat ... you are SO lovely; prepare to be H-U-G-G-E-D in April young lady!! :)

Glad you had a lovely day, a sensible lunch and some quality couple time; it will have done both of you the power of good.

Love

I've had three of my nephews staying with me since Monday (ages 16, 14 and 9) plus my own kids, plus Uni (work placement today & an English Language lecture tomorrow) and to top it all, my eldest daughter was rushed to hospital by ambulance earlier this evening. I've brought my two granddaughters home as I had to sort everyone's dinner out etc but I'm about to take them home, put them to bed then wait to hear what's happening with my daughter: she's been taken to A&E and my son in law will phone me when he knows what's going on. So I've currently got 7 kids to deal with - joy!
I'm utterly shattered as well as worried (naturally) but I've managed to stick with the diet somehow.

Will update later :wave_cry:

Awww RD..... I hope your daughter is OK is this the one who is pregnant? Hope the kids are all behaving..... 7 kids...:eek: Makes you wonder how these big familes cope.....

Take care and well done for not breaking the diet.... you are a super star:D:D

Love

No - it's not my pregnant daughter ... its my eldest daughter (she's 27 and has my 2 granddaughters).

Hope your daughter is OK, thoughts are with you...

Hun....all I can say after just reading through the last week for you is that you are made of IRON and as Isobel would say....YOU ROCK!!! :D

Superwoman would not be doing you justice at the moment and I know we can all get peed off with being ruddy Superwoman but all credit to you, especially tonight with the worry about your DD.

Let us know how she gets on and look after yourself too...ok?;)

Lacey..xxx :D

Hope all's well Debbie - kids, they are a worry from the moment they are born and even when they grow up we STILL worry. You could do without quite so much to contend with, I really hope everything settles down and your DD is back home in no time.

Lots of love and hugs

Thanks everyone. Just got back from my daughter's: I took the girls back and put them to bed before contending with DD's two dogs (one a shi tzu and the other a Labradoodle: almost as tall as me - sweet but TALL!) They're both quite young and I spent most of the night fighting them off as they wanted to swamp me with love ... Rupert (the Labradoodle) was so 'loving' I broke my thumbnail off trying to repel his efforts to get on my lap.
I decided they needed feeding and hunted for what looked like dried dog food. Turns out it was cat food but hey - any port in a storm! :rolleyes:

I am now covered in dog hair and totally knackered!!

As for DD, she has been kept in hospital and they'll be doing more tests tomorrow. They think it could possibly be something to do with the gall bladder op she had last year ... perhaps a blockage of the intestine ... I'll know more tomorrow.

So ... I'm off to bed - shattered! I have an English Language lecture tomorrow and I'm so NOT in the mood for it! :sigh:

OMG Debs hun, just come on and read this. Sending loads and loads of hugs to you, and I really hope your daughter is OK. Luv u xxx

Hi RD!

Hope they find out what is up with your daughter and that she's feeling better soon.....:)

A labradoodle... my friend swore that was a made up name for a dog till someone showed her a picture!!

Take care...

Love

Is there any more news about your DD yet Debbie?

I think you're utterly remarkable at how you cope with everything you've got on your plate at the moment (foodie pun entirely unintentional of course :rolleyes:).

You have my utmost admiration and respect as always and I hope you had a good day at Uni today (and enjoyed your lecture :))

Thinking of you, with love

My DD is still in hospital. They think it's something to do with her liver - maybe connected with her gall bladder removal last year.

I enjoyed Uni yesterday ...The lecture was on 'The contribution of syntax to linguistic analysis of text' wooo hooo. I have an exam on March 18th - joy!
All was going well until I started the drive home then I noticed the temperature gauge going up. I pulled over and steam was pouring out of the radiator. I called the RAC ... they came out and said they couldn't even do a temporary repair so I had to wait for a recovery truck - I got home after 4 hours :( My new car now needs its radiator replacing. Drat.

Diet-wise I'm just about at the end of my tether. I stepped on the scales yesterday (I've been staying off them lately) and saw that there has been NO movement even though I've stuck fairly well to the diet. When I say stuck 'fairly well' I mean I may have ben having over the 790 but never over 1000 and have been avoiding ALL starchy carbs.

I've stuck to an evening meal of steamed green / white veg and tuna and my packs. I had that small meal of green salad and cottage cheese when I was out with Steve but that's hardly an indulgence!

I CANNOT afford £40 a week to lose weight at 1lb at a time. Don't get me wrong, although I'd like to lose weight faster, I'd be happy with a slow steady loss but surely I can achieve this without paying such a high financial price?? Thing is, I don't want to mess my CDC about ... but I just can't understand why I'm not losing weight faster on 790 / 1000- surely I should be losing it faster than someone on 1500 doing WW or SW? Something's not right.

I'm quickly losing my patience.

Debbie, I wonder if you are simply not eating enough? Your bod sounds like it's gone into starvation mode. Can you remember how many cals you were having when you lost that 7lb cal counting last year (and that was just in the first week!) - it would be interesting to know.

I'm with you, we all are, willing you to suceed, I just wonder if this plan you are on really suits. I'm, like you, beginning to doubt it.

Love and hugs

Your theory is something I've been wondering about myself Barb. The amount of cals I'm having is very low but perhaps not low enough to induce ketosis so I'm not losing weight by my body using its own fat reserves in the absence of carbs ...

I've heard people on mainstream diets talking about not eating enough to fuel the weight loss ... reduced cal diets DO work differently from ketogenic diets, that much I know. Have I slipped into the gap in beween?

Thinking back to the time I calorie counted (remember the 1/2 grapefruit before each meal?) I think I fluctuated between 1000 and 1500 and saw losses comparable to what I'm getting now. I lost a stone in my first month but it all went to rats when I decided to top up the progesterone (bad move!!).
Might I do better, emotionally, going back to the cal counting? I could certainly do without forking out £40 I can ill afford to get the same results I could be getting by other means.

I've already said I'd be happy with a couple of pounds a week (I want to get to goal by May 2009 in time for graduation so I don't have a huge amount of pressure in terms of time). The thing I'd really miss is the monitoring aspect of the weekly weigh in - and I definitely don't want to join WW or SW ... their methods (although great for some) are just too fiddly for me.

I'll go for my weigh in tonight and make a decision after. If I've lost less than 2lb then Im seriously considering cal counting.

Back