Russiandoll's Diary

Good, sounds like a plan. I think you have slipped into the gap you describe. Your previous cal counting success proves you can do it.

Howsabout, if you decide to do that route, we have a weighin together on Wednesday mornings and meet on here at a definate time to compare notes. We could have a seperate thread just to record our enormous, consistent, fantastic LOSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on, say we can, go on.....

Lots of love

LOL - you make me chuckle Barb!

Sounds like a plan (but why Wednesdays in particular?). I'll let you know for definite after my weigh in ... if I can get there that is (car laid up in drive with split rad!)

Sheesh I wish we lived closer to each other!!

It sounds like a good plan. The main thing is making the decision to decide. You have to make that decision and stick to it, otherwise its a case of moving goalposts all the time, and you will be running round in circles. I too would resent spending £40 a week to have such low losses, and as you so rightly say you were going great guns before the depo thingy hiccup, so I don't see how it wouldn't work well for you again.

Great idea to buddy up with Barb for a weekly weigh in too.

Wishing you great success whatever route you decide hun xxx

So do I, it would be brilliant.

The reason Wednesday is such a good day is that if you do cal balancing as I do, allowing more at the weekend and a few less on weekdays, by wednesday all is nicely settled down and a good loss should show up. Mondays do not work, they are grim enough without blinking weigh-ins. Fridays aren't great either for me as if I've lost it signals celebration and it's the weekend and if I've STS or gained it's, well it's the weekend, time to drown sorrows in wine and chocolate.

So Wednesdays, it works, honest!

The cal balancing works well too - I do roughly: Mon- 1300, Tues 1200, Wed 1300, Thurs 1200, Fri 1500, Sat 1500 Sun 1200. I NEVER go below 1000, 1200 is the lowest generally unless I am making up for a bad day then i might drop to 1100.

It works, I know I've messed up the last couple of weeks but hey, I can make that up it's no biggie. Like you, I'm in this for the long haul. This plan can and will get us both there!

Love

Aha!! I can see the sense in the Wednesday thing!!

I like your idea of fluctuating the cal amounts too ... fewer on days when it's easier to be a little stricter and more relaxed at weekends. This sounds like a really good plan.

Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. How is DD? And what a time for the car to misbehave.

Are you drinking enough water? Just wondered as you are doing a lot of running around

Big ((((hugs))))

Irene xxprob

Hi Irene
I haven't heard from DD or my son in law yet this morning. I think they're playing the waiting game (waiting for the doctors to do their rounds).

I'm probably not drinking enough water. I manage about 2 litres a day ... problem is that it's not convenient to leave a lecture at Uni to go to the loo and there are no toilets on the route home so I have to be able to do the trip without any stops.

Two litres are better than one though I suppose ... I'll try for at least an extra half a litre a day this week. I've been out for a couple of good long walks along the bay this week now that the weather is a bit better but I definitely need to keep this going.
It's hard to find the time with Uni tasks, kids, house etc but if I can't find the time, I'll just need to MAKE the time.

Hope you're well Irene - looking forward to seeing you in Brum (you are going aren't you?)
xx

You sound like you could well be on board RD - hope so. ne of the things I did before I started was go on one of those calorie working out sites where you bung in height, weight and activity level. That gave me the info I needed to work out my plan to give me a steady 2lb off a week. I like the science of it - it's clear, no guesswork. Stick to it - get results. Thats it!

Weighed in - gained a pound - can't even discuss it - devasated :cry:

I know you must be feeling devastated but you could be retaining water. And your past 24 hours have been absolutely dreadful. Just stick to it and see what another week does.

Irene xx

Ok, can't stop long, just want to say - join me as of tomorrow, we can and will work this out.

Lots and lots of love

Just checking back in to see how you are. So sorry Debbie, it's just not blinking fair. However in a way it kind of makes the decision for you. If you'd lost say 2lbs, you would still ahve been umming and ahhing, but with this result I think it's obvious that the gap we talked about earlier is indeed where you are.

Try not to be too down, this can and will be sorted. Keep the faith, it's simply time for a change.

More love and hugs,

Hi RD

How's it going? Any news of your daughter? Have you made a decision about your diet choice yet?

I have been calorie counting for the past couple of weeks (started with Lent) and so far I appear to have lost 11lbs. Only managed 2 lbs this week and it is so demoralising but I've got to learn to roll with the punches so to speak. I am using weightlossresources.co.uk to track my calories and so far I have been able to find everything I have eaten on there. I agree with Barb about using Wednesday as weigh day - her reasoning fits me perfectly.

Whatever you decide - you will get there.

My weight fluctuates... a LOT. For example, I weighed in last Thursday with a 2lb loss. I weighed this morning and I'm 2lb HEAVIER than I was this time last week ... yet I know I've not eaten enough to put anything on !

The week before last, I'd recorded a 4lb loss. On the Wednesday following I was showing no loss - but had dropped 4lb by the next day..

Wrong time of the month - I can put on 8lb on two days. I've seen it take 2 weeks to get back to where I was and then drop several lb over night.

I'm at the stage where I'm trying to not let the scales get to me.

Scales sometimes lie.... our bodies can lie too. You KNOW you haven't eaten 3500 calories extra to put on 1lb of fat !

This isnt my first time dieting. Last attempt, I stuck with it for several months - but with 3 months of my weight not moving I totally lost motivation.

At the moment, I'm being very careful what I eat. I am not doing Cambridge or LL at this point. I AM losing and I'm losing at an ok rate. When I reach a stalemate point where I spend a couple of months with no losses, I'll try sole sourcing. If that stops - I'll try something else. I want this too bad to give up this time.

If you need someone to scream at - feel free. Sometimes a rant, a rave and then a change or tactics somehow might help :hugs:

Thank you so much for your support everyone; it's very much appreciated.

I think I'm feeling generally depressed and mentally exhausted ... so much so that I'm finding it difficult to even feel like I WANT to lose weight (sort of, 'what's the point - life sucks regardless'). I know I don't want to get bigger; that much I know for sure.

The last few days I've been fighting the urge to binge. I do quite well during the day but then something seems to snap later in the evening and I've lost control every single day. I haven't had any chocolate or crisps or junk like that but I've gone overboard on stuff like cereal (had 2 bowls of bran flakes this evening): cereal bars are another particula weakness. I know it could be worse but it's still eating an illogical amount of food. Initially I feel hungry but I end up eating beyond hunger and into 'nauseous'. My old demons are still very much alive.

There are still some heavy-duty emotional stuff going on and I'm struggling with 'life' right now. Maybe I should just ask my doctor if I could have a gastric bypass and be done with it - I'm just too weak and don't seem to have any fight left in me. Dieting has become my life ... eating, not eating, binging, SSing, when to eat, when not to eat, what to eat, what not to eat, guilt, elation, success, failure: I'm just so pi**ed off with it all.

I'm so sorry about the pity party; I'm just tired. You're all wonderful and I appreciate your support when you all have your own issues to deal with.

Back