Russiandoll's Diary

Hi Deb

Evan just gets more gorgeous with every pic. What a happy little chap he looks.

Good to see you back and with all that 'brainwork' behind you for a while. My brain is in it's usual state of flux but apart from that I'm good.

Love

Did a day of SS and although I'd like to jump up on a table and announce to the world 'Hey! I'm going to SS all the way to goal' I just don't feel fired up enough to make such a commitment. Instead, I'll start each day by saying 'I'll have a go at SSing today'. If I then succumb to a small low carb meal, I'm not going to consider it a failure but just a day when I happened to do 790 instead of SS.

My eldest daughter, her two girls and her dog have been living with us for a couple of weeks and will be here until June 1st. She's left her husband and the house she's going to rent isn't available until then. It can be manic at times but is actually less stressful than you'd imagine - well, I think it COULD be stressful if I allowed myself to sit and BE stressed by it. I cope by looking at the positives - its been a great opportunity to have some really good quality time with them all.

My dad is still hanging on - I have no idea how because he's just a pitiful scrap now. The doctor has arranged an electric hospital bed to be delivered to their flat today which will at least give him a degree of comfort in his last days. He hasn't been able to lie in a normal bed for months because of the huge tumour in his lung and has spent that time on a reclining chair in the living room - not ideal.
As I see him fade and realise that he's now on his final run home, I find myself in a state of 'peaceful limbo'. It's the calm before the storm ... a sad but resigned acceptance of the inevitable.

Under the circumstances, I'm going to take each day at face value - do what I can with whatever there is to be dealt with, be that coping with my dad's decline, sticking to my diet, doing exercise, catching up on housework or whatever else presents itself.

In the words of The Beatles, I'm going to 'Let it be'.

That's a brilliant attitude hun. Sometimes is just best to "go with the flow" rather than try to fight against it. Sending you lots and lots of hugs x x x

Oh Debbie - I wish I could give you a real hug. You are so brave, so sensible, if it doesn't sound too weird, I am so proud of you for coping as you do.

with much love

Debs,

Sending you the biggest, juiciest hugs ever :hug99:

Hiya Deb, just checkin up on ya. Hope ur managing ok and your "let it be" way of thinking is having the desired effect! Just wanted to say hi really and let you know I'm thinking of you at the moment.

Love and hugs xxx

Debs, hope you are ok hun, if you get chance let us know x

Just to let you know that my lovely dad lost his fight for life earlier today.

I'll miss him terribly :cry:

Did a day of SS and although I'd like to jump up on a table and announce to the world 'Hey! I'm going to SS all the way to goal' I just don't feel fired up enough to make such a commitment. Instead, I'll start each day by saying 'I'll have a go at SSing today'. If I then succumb to a small low carb meal, I'm not going to consider it a failure but just a day when I happened to do 790 instead of SS.

My eldest daughter, her two girls and her dog have been living with us for a couple of weeks and will be here until June 1st. She's left her husband and the house she's going to rent isn't available until then. It can be manic at times but is actually less stressful than you'd imagine - well, I think it COULD be stressful if I allowed myself to sit and BE stressed by it. I cope by looking at the positives - its been a great opportunity to have some really good quality time with them all.

My dad is still hanging on - I have no idea how because he's just a pitiful scrap now. The doctor has arranged an electric hospital bed to be delivered to their flat today which will at least give him a degree of comfort in his last days. He hasn't been able to lie in a normal bed for months because of the huge tumour in his lung and has spent that time on a reclining chair in the living room - not ideal.
As I see him fade and realise that he's now on his final run home, I find myself in a state of 'peaceful limbo'. It's the calm before the storm ... a sad but resigned acceptance of the inevitable.

Under the circumstances, I'm going to take each day at face value - do what I can with whatever there is to be dealt with, be that coping with my dad's decline, sticking to my diet, doing exercise, catching up on housework or whatever else presents itself.

In the words of The Beatles, I'm going to 'Let it be'.

It's just totally, utterly great to see you :D

Was only laid in bed last week thinking I wonder where RD is and how she is doing.

Do your best girl. That'a all you can do. Especially with what you are dealing with.

Lacey..xxx :)

Aww debbie Im so sorry hun but it was a release for him sending you hugs I know what its like after losing both my parents xxx

Just to let you know that my lovely dad lost his fight for life earlier today.

I'll miss him terribly :cry:

God I am so so sorry Debbie. You know my Dad is battling the same.

God bless you hun. Don't know what else to say to you right now but send all my love...xxxxxxxx

So so sorry to hear your very sad news. Big hug for you.

Back