s&s attempt

You will definitely have lost that stone by the time you go away - and you won't want to put it back on, which is incentive enough!

I'm fortunate in that I don't drink alcohol, so that's one vice that's not a problem to me! I also don't drink hot drinks, so don't have to worry there either! However, I looooooovvee fizzy drinks - and I think that if I monitored what I drink usually, I probably consume 1,000 in a day! I am just sticking to plain, boring water. The good thing about a high water intake, is the more you drink, the more your body craves, so it just gets easier. I've actually bought 40 500ml bottles, and the box is already looking half empty! I guess the side effect of constant toilet visits constitutes exercise, so that's a plus too. I might actually get myself a pedometer.

The advantage of having a protein meal is great - really helps when you're out in a crowd and not wanting the judgemental backlash that usually accompanies VLCD.

I think I can honestly say my only concern at the moment is excess flab and skin, so I'm going to try and see what I can do to alleviate that!

Sorry - that was 1,000 calories - not cans or litres!

hehehe I guessed it was :) I have a 600ml water bottle I keep refilling but also some 500ml bottles for when I know I won't get to a tap easily.

Oh I certainly am determined, was at a friend's wedding in June and had a nice dress and hat. I felt great then I saw a picture from where the photographer had us up a spiral staircase and he took the pic from below...... looked awful! not going back there! shame, nice dress lol can always get it altered

Oh please don't talk about pictures! My daughter tends to grab my I-phone and take pictures willy-nilly. We were also at a wedding a couple of weeks back, and when I looked at my phone and saw that should secretly taken some snaps, I was horrified to see what I looked like! I must say I quickly deleted them, although I kinda wish now that I'd kept them as a reminder of what I'm not going back to!

I can't wait for the day when I can have a photo taken, not to mention actually like it! I've got a 10 year old daughter, and I can honestly say we've not had any pictures taken together since she was a baby! Once I've lost weight, I think one of the first things I'll do is book a mother and daughter photo session, as apart from the fact that I weigh 8 times as much as her, we're the spitting image of each other!

get yourself one of those multi photo frames ready to hang on your wall full of pics of you and her when you are at goal :)

Hey guys,
totally get the pic thing, I'm never in any pics if I can help it. I'm generally behind the camera which is a gooooood thing. I hosted an American come dine at the weekend and thankfully was only in one pic and hat was of me holding my homemade pecan pie( it was amazing) if I do say so myself. Maybe by Xmas we will all be looking fab and will put a nice Xmas pic up.

day four done! not sure if I am ketosis as my breath doesn't seem to smell and the badger has sort of half moved out. But on to bed to get ready for day 5 :)

get yourself one of those multi photo frames ready to hang on your wall full of pics of you and her when you are at goal :)

I think I'll do that!

Does the bad breath continue all the way through ketosis?

Mine too isn't as bad as it was a couple of days ago - or am I just deluding myself?

afternoon! phew, day 5 is tricky! sort of sneaks up on you.... feeling a bit more peckish today than yesterday. Although I have been in uni all morning then a 2 hour planning session for a debate, my team mates were ordering pizza but I had my shake. One of the team kept asking if I was sure I didn't want anything, but then another one said she had done CD so knew where I was coming from, she has loft 4 stone on it so all good. So, glugging the water, had a shake and an oatmeal biscuit for breakfast plus biking to uni then friends house then home (including hills) although I am hungry and everything smelt of nice food I am sticking to it today :)

Derika, mine has eased off a bit, can't taste the badgeriness now which is good :)

evening! just back home after work, got a white pack spaghetti ready for tea and all in all feeling good. Someone left today and they left a tin of celebrations for the three of us to share..... will give my share to the other half I think. Found my tastes have changed a bit today. I have the mixed fruits water flavouring and usually like it but today it tastes wrong

I had the spaghetti last night with added mushrooms it was lovely. Funny though it just made me want more. Lol. Had the cheeses one tonight with broccoli and peppers,but feel the need for something else, but going to hold off as long as possible.
im really looking forward to seeing your loses next week, especially as we're the same weight and just an inch in height difference. I jumped on the scales this morning and I was 5lbs down from the afternoon, so that's good. Lets hope it continues.

the badger has returned :( I really like all the meals but I don't have anything with them as I'm on 4 packs a day

Nothing like seeing a week's loss in a few days! Personally, I always try to weigh myself first thing in the morning, before I've eaten or drunk anything - it's always going to be lower than the evening weigh-in, particularly is you're drinking the levels of water we're supposed to!

Still haven't plucked up the courage to try the meals - really not feeling them! Must admit to be honest, the thought of eating a whole meal doesn't appeal to me either. Quite happy with shakes for now, and the added bonus of 'chocolate' is great!

so after the slight feeling of hunger this afternoon I got through the day and feel pretty good (other than the stinking cold that seems to have made itself at home) so that's now 5 days down, a weekend to go then big weigh in!!!!

Sure the weigh in will be fine hun :)

The hunger comes in waves I find, veg helps

Have a good weekend Xx

afternoon all, woke up feeling well rough from the cold but got water on the go and just tried the chicken soup, it was bloomin lovely! had a bit of spice to it but just what i needed. at work this afternoon, don't think i will work too hard ;)

evening! well my first night out on the diet and I stuck to sparkling water, very proud of myself :)

Well done. Evenings and weekends outs are always the hardest. Are you weighing in tomorrow or Monday? Looking forward to seeing how you've done.
x

thanks :) I'm weighing in Monday morning..... I have stuck to it 100% so a loss is on the cards :)

Back