S&S newie

Some suggestions from a newbie...

Hello!! How are you getting on?!

This is now end of Day 3 for me... and like you, a little down, painful hole where my stomach used to be and wondering when the magical 'no hunger' will kick in...

These suggestions to keep you busy may sound crazy but they help me and thought I'd share.. (as better than housework)

1) Go through any old magazines, cut out images that will motivate you... whether it be clothes you'd love to wear, holiday destination, something you'll treat yourself to when you're done.. I have a nice pic of a Mulberry bag...

2) If you have an iPod, get some good tunes on there... and have a dance about your living room.. luckily, I live on my own... but who knows if you have an 'other' half, he/she may join in... and who knows where that may lead (MORE exercise :))

3) Work out (truthfully!) how much money you are saving and do some internet window shopping especially sales like Secretsales.com, Outnet, TKMaxx and Cocosa... or my personal favourite Cult Beauty (as you get to order things before they are in stores... esp from Japan!)

4) Bring out all the beauty stuff that you've bought yourself over the years.. facemasks, serums and creams... figure out what is still usable and come up with a nightly schedule which means you'll actually use them... (you could do this with anything... pedicure, nice bubble bath... ) if you're anything like me, there are cupboards of the stuff! If you don't have any, treat yourself to some...

5) Let's face it, none of us have as much time as we'd like to keep up with friends and family... buy a box of blank cards and write notes... there is nothing nicer than getting something unexpected in the mail from someone...

Well, that's just some suggestions from me.. hope it helps... and stay strong.... you've come this far... don't give up now! :)

Love #1 and #4 :)
I've been cutting out pics of the clothes I like and will be buying some fabric to take to the tailor to spoil myself.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do some foot treatments and use the facial oils that have been gathering dust.

Thanks hun x

I feel your pain...

You're welcome... I am REALLY struggling today too! Just completely FED UP with feeling ridiculously hungry... and just want it to go!

These little things are the ONLY ways I come up wth to possibly cope with the first few days..

One last thing... try and remember...(I have it on post it notes everywhere!) ...

....every emotion starts with a thought... you can control how you feel... hang in there... xx

Back