Sagging, Wrinkled Stomach Skin After Weight Loss

Has anyone who has lost a small amount of weight found that they have dimpled or wrinkled tummy skin?

I saw this pic of Gerri Halliwell, who can't have lost that much weight, with really bad stomach skin.

I can understand it if you lose quiet a bit of weight but not if you lose a small amount.

GeriTummySkinEP_468x527.jpg

Geri's is from pregnancy I think, mine is exactly the same (my daughter is now 6). Usually comes from prolonged stretching of the skin (e.g. pregnancy or being overweight) not much you can do to tone the actual skin, only the muscles behind it.

Radical action would be a tummy tuck!

I have this too. Not after either of my earlier pregnancies in my early 20's but after my 3rd in my 40's. Don't think my skin could cope. More noticable since I have lost the weight but I am using a tummy cream called Nip and Fab and it is having a good effect so far. Dukan says that 6 months after loosing weight is the maximum that it will take for your skin to shrink. After this time, that is it!

Geri's is definitely from pregnancy but I think hers is worse because she'd been yo-yo-dieting for years and dealing with eating disorders so I'd say her skin lost it's elasticity after all of that! It's a lesson I guess... once we get it off, let's keep it off! x

love your avatar wkdstepmum - that's just how i look from behind (i wish)

;););)

Mine is bad too because I had twins. It's worse now I've lost weight so even if I do get to target, bikinis will never be an option again

Cheers Curvygirlie! Yours too!!! I'm going to look just like that at goal weight....*in my room...in the dark....during an eclipse....in my head* ;)

Back