Saggy skin...When you get to goal....

Deezer

Gold Member
I already have a flap of skin thats around my tummy now i'm loosing!!!

I'm doing my very best to moisturise and tone up and i'm hoping that when i get to goal it will be able to just live with it and be happy the way i am.....

However... it is never going to go back to being flat....

So i was wondering if anyone has any tips to tighten that skin but also...

What are your opinions on surgery after weight loss.... as this would be an option i would seriously consider if i could get the money together!!!!

Just wondering.......

i read somewhere that your skin continues to tighten up to 6 months after losing weight, so there might not be an issue. the first time i did LT i was 5 stone and got down to just under 12 stone, i didnt have any lose skin as i think drinking so much water helps. however this time around its post baby so i think i may have a problem with my stomach. but i'd definately have a tummy tuck if i could afford it, maybe mummy will help me out xx

thats supposed to be 15 stone not 5 lol x

I'm sure that I heard somewhere that if you've managed to lose the weight yourself you can get a tummy tuck on the nhs! ....not sure how true this is but I would definitely look into having saggy skin done if I couldn't tone it with exercise after all my hard work x x x

the nhs dont do them anymore, my friend has been trying for 7 years to get one after all her stomach muscles were ripped during prgnancy. she has had counselling ect to try get one as her stomachs a flabby mess and shes about a size 10. xxx

I think i would save for it.... Sounds weird but by the time i had the money i would have had some serious time to think it over!!! Plus if we ever had kids it would probably be pointless having a tummy tuck before lol....

ye you cant have kids after one i saw it on extreme makeover once lol xx

Who the heck is Aunty Gok???? LOL

Under clothing it doesn't notice ;) ...so no running around naked anymore then ~lol~ x x x

It will be under the knife for me I think girls I love running around naked haha! Xx

You can still get it on the nhs, it depends if your PCT will fund it. My friend lost 6 stone and has just had a tummy took and her boobs done on the nhs. Like i said its a postcode lottery regarding funding in England and Wales. You have to have lost the weight your self, bot gastric bypass or anything like that.

I have like a saggy bit of skin hanging since have my little boy (9 months ago) but ive already started seeing it tighten!! Hopefull doing this at my age my skin may not be too bad other than stretch marks, but im proud of them they are my celebration lines ... the are there cos of my beautiful boy and wouldnt change them lol x

ive just been speaking to my sister who is on the waiting list for a gastric bypass and she was told that you are more likely to get it on nhs if you have had one. you need to be depressed, have sores because of the folds of skin and have a bmi of less than 30 which you have maintained for a minumum of 2 years. her doctor was giving her hints on how she could get one. i read on a few forums thatit is around a 7 year waiting list.

Apparently if you have saggy skin what you need to do is loose more weight, i know it sounds mad but i have been looking this up a lot recently. So the theory goes if your skin still has a layer of fat attached to it it can't shrink back. To illustrait the point the skin on the back of your hands has very little fat attached to it if you are like me the skin on my stomach has a couple of inches attached to it so it can't shrink without that layer of fat getting smaller or going completely. Does that make sense ?? It does to me, anyway having said that i really wouldn't worry until it happens, keep moisturising apparently your skin does still tone up for 6 months after loosing weight so re-asses then sweetie don't panic me thinks you may have been watching too much embarrassing bodies they are really extreme cases lol

Apparently if you have saggy skin what you need to do is loose more weight, i know it sounds mad but i have been looking this up a lot recently. So the theory goes if your skin still has a layer of fat attached to it it can't shrink back. To illustrait the point the skin on the back of your hands has very little fat attached to it if you are like me the skin on my stomach has a couple of inches attached to it so it can't shrink without that layer of fat getting smaller or going completely. Does that make sense ?? It does to me, anyway having said that i really wouldn't worry until it happens, keep moisturising apparently your skin does still tone up for 6 months after loosing weight so re-asses then sweetie don't panic me thinks you may have been watching too much embarrassing bodies they are really extreme cases lol
You haven't seen my tum lol....

I really hope it just goes to being without the fold!!!! Thats all... i know i'll never have a six pack... (Don't want one!!!) Lol.... Hopefully it will be fine!!!

I heard it was a myth that you get one on the nhs if you've done it yourself.... but maybe thats because the waiting is so long :8855:

I'm hoping for the best on this score and using firming and tightening gels to help a little... Also i get the science behind losing more weight so the layer underneath isnt there as that makes a lot of sense. I will try everything before going under the knife and really hope i dont have to but if I'm honest I'm all for surgery if it makes you feel better..... Trust me I'll need Botox one day haha! Xx

Hi girls,
This topic is a bit of a worry for me too... as I have a massive belly (not helped by 2 caesarean sections one in 1991 and 2nd one 2008) as they are notoriously bad for losing muscle control!! I suffer occasionally with sores underneath skin folds (not nice I know) and I slap sudacrem on which heals it quickly. But I am concerned too that I`ll always have a bit of a tummy. But loved the comment above about Gok Wan lol..... I also think like this even if I do still have a bit of a tummy when I`m at goal.... so what..... No ones perfect are they :D L xx

Back