Saggy Skin???

Hi guys i was just wondering if anyone that has lost a good few stone ( i want to lose 8) would be willing to share whether they suffer with any saggy skin? I dont really know what to expect- i carry the bulk of my weight on my tummy thighs and bum so these are the areas i am most concerned about! Any tips on how to reduce this would also be great! Thanks

Hiya

I've lost 3 and a half stone this year, most of my weight on my tummy and my skin has been left very saggy. I have always carried weight on my tummy and had 2 pregnancies - first with twins, so I'm not sure what impact CD has had on making my skin so saggy. Least it its hidden from view where you'll be left with the skin :)

I haven't any tips on what to do with it (have considered surgery...) but if you get any please share.

Best of luck with your journey, am sure you'll find it a breeze and you'll soon be those 8 stone down xx

I have heard that exercising as you lose weight can help with the saggy skin - not sure how, but assume it helps tone the muscles underneath etc. I'll probably up my swimming/walking and start to massage on my skin all those tubes of firming cream I have accumulated in the bathroom cabinet, in the hope of not having a physical reminder of my wobbly tummy once I reach my goal weight.

Most of it will come down to your genes, age, how many pregnancies etc.

I'm in my 50s, and have lost 8 stone. Multiple pregnancies. I don't have a great amount of lose skin considering, though my arms are a bit bingo like. Tummy not too bad. Consultant at the hospital said it never looked like I'd lost 8 stone.

Not sure there's a great amount you can do to help. People swear by various creams, but I dunno. You can't 'tone' muscle on any diet. I guess you just do whatever you can if you think it might help and hope for the best.

It hasn't worried me too much as I certainly look and feel heaps better without having to drag that 8stone around with me all day.

i've put on and lost over the years and had quite a bit of loose skin. i had a tummy tuck (2004) before i got married (2005).

when you loose weight quickly you do have saggy skin but some will shrink back and some might not. i've had 2 kids between diets and have been left with saggy skin on my tummy, tops of thighs, tops of arms (bingo wing area) and i think that some will shrink back - esp tummy where i had the op, but other areas won't as they've been there before. boobs have also shrank - down to diet but i also bf my kids. think i need a body lift lol.

first time on cd i lost 5 1/2st, this time i'll have lost about 5 stone inc weight lost on ww.

I have invested in a Vibroplate and have been exercising with healthy eating to lost most of the weight so far. I`ve only exercised once since starting CD (last week) incase I keeled over or something :rolleyes::8855: but have been using my plate.

I have had 4 children, lost nearly 5st already and had two major abdominal surgeries - One whilst 16 weeks pregnant :( so I think my tummy is well & truly FUBAR!

I saw in Tesco today that Bio Oil is on offer for £5 something for the smaller bottle and and £9.90 for the large one so I have treated myself to the larger one. Not sure it`ll help but some ppl swear by it?

Xx

The only way u can help with loose skin hun is by moisturising everyday to increase the elasticity in your skin. Also going gym and toning up helps decrease it! The best creams to buy are palmers cocoa butter specially for quick weight loss or pregnancy and Bio oil as sacredsilence said! When u put it on make sure u massage it in instead of just wiping it on! Bio oil u can put a few drops in ur bath or best to put it on after a shower....It contains Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate on the label) which especially helps improve the skin’s elasticity, texture and tone!! Gd stuff!! Im going for a body wrap this friday to help decrease the likeliness of saggy skin and take off a couple of inches hehe i shall let u know how i get on :) Hope i helped in some way x x

Back