Saggy skin

(And when you say Olive Oil, do you literally mean the oil you consume from Tesco's and not something you buy in Boots for like your ears?)

Yes - extra virgin Greek oilive oil like you might cook with.

I don't think it really matters what you use as long as you use something and regularly.

Wow that's interesting, thank you for that. While we are on the topic of Olive Oil, is that completely banned from our diet? I haven't eaten anything outside the packs since I started so just wondered...

Thanks for the tips. I'm dreading a saggy mummy belly. I'l start this week. X

Wow that's interesting, thank you for that. While we are on the topic of Olive Oil, is that completely banned from our diet? I haven't eaten anything outside the packs since I started so just wondered...

SHould be fine!!! As its fat!!! Wouldnt use too much though hun!!! ; ) x

Thank you! :)

I'm sure the oil isn't part of the plan but I do use it - it won't take you out of ketosis. There are 40calories in just one tsp though so be wary...

I've used olive oil for ages. I use only a small amount as it goes far. It's easily absorbed and leaves my skin soft and smooth. I use it on my hair once a month (heat it up then work it into hair when it's cool enough to work with) this feeds my hair that gets really dry from styling and it really combats frizz. It's the best moisturising and conditioning treatment I've ever found and I've spent thousands. The smell is obviously an issue but I mix lavender essential oils into it if I'm going to do it before I go anywhere. I generally bath before bed so the lavender helps ferry me off to lala land. You could mix it into your daily moisturising cream to eliminate the smell.

It also makes a great exfoliator if you add sea salt. I usually do this after preparing a jacket potato. Rub the left over oil and salt into my hands and wash with only water afterwards.

FYI I am not endorsed by any olive oil companies ;)

Moisturising certainly can't do any harm no matter what you put on the action of actually rubbing it in helps as well. Last time I lost weight there was no way the skin was going to shift on it's own as I looked a bit like a cow with udders when I was on all fours. I was lucky enough to have a tummy tuck and for the other areas like tops of arms and thighs it was just a case of covering up I'm afraid.

I'll be buying some unrefined shea butter to moisturise my skin. Brilliant stuff :)

As for the saggy tummy, I'm hoping to have a tummy tuck for that!

Moisturising certainly can't do any harm no matter what you put on the action of actually rubbing it in helps as well. Last time I lost weight there was no way the skin was going to shift on it's own as I looked a bit like a cow with udders when I was on all fours. I was lucky enough to have a tummy tuck and for the other areas like tops of arms and thighs it was just a case of covering up I'm afraid.

Hi Spandex, do you mind me asking a bit more about your tummy tuck? What were the results like, are you really happy? Did it cost an arm and a leg and did you have it done in the UK? And did you wait for a year of maintaining until you got it done?

I'm trying to think ahead, I already have fadoobedas as I call them (bingo wings) which I've had for years... so I am thinking I will be one of the lucky ones to need to resort to surgery afterwards.

Last edited:
I think I heard somewhere that when the skin is stretched too much it won't go back into shape.. especially if you lose a lot of weight REALLY fast. I think the best bet is surgery.

I don't mind at all. Yes I had it done in the UK but it was nearly 10 years ago and I was lucky enough to have it funded by the NHS as there was a bit more money allowed for these things then.

The process was really simple the only thing my surgeon was particularly concerned about was that my muscle tone in my tummy area was strong enough - which is was as I'd been the the gym a lot to try and tighten up the skin's appearance as much as possible - Full recovery took about 6 weeks but I was back on my feet within about a week. I had a great surgeon and the scars are hardly visible at all now, the last one to disappear was the one where my belly button was repositioned. No I didn't have to wait a year but the rules were different in those days and on reflection I think it would have been better if I had as I have put the weight back on - but not so much in that area.

Although I was happy with the results in that the surgery was done very well, I think I was a bit shocked that I didn't end up with the super flat and toned stomach I was expecting, but there weren't many after pics around either so my expectations were unrealistic. I thought it would be the icing on the cake and make me super happy and to be honest it didn't as I hadn't addressed the emotional issues of why I over eat. Would I personally do it again? The answer is no, instead I would focus more on building my confidence from within rather than how I look on the outside.

Don't let me put you off though, this is just my opinion and obviously very personal to me, everyone is different so if I were you I'd seek out a lot of different experiences/perspectives before making your decision.

It takes your skin a while to catch up though so you never know.... I'm definately going to give myself about 12 months after i get to goal!!!

X

Dry skin brushing can help tighten the skin and improve the visual appearance/softness. It's kind of like exercise for the skin, stimulating the circulation and lymphatic system. You can google for instructions on technique but it's basically using a firm body brush all over, from the feet upwards, brushing towards the heart.

How about baby oil? It was on offer in Tescos so I bought a big bottle and am now smoothered in it after my shower :). Can't do any harm I guess.

did anyone else see that article on the DailyMail the other day? I am literally having nightmares that my body is going to end up like that despite moisturising, exercising, building up muscle and all the rest of it. The woman in the article couldn't afford surgery to remove it and said she was much happier and self confident when she was fat. and if that's how my skin will be (judging by how my arms already are!), then I can so understand why she feels like that.

Holland and Barrett do something called Wonder Oil which is made up of a whole range of natural oils, vitamin E etc, it retails at about £10-12, am thinking of trying that have heard good things about it and do don't want saggy skin!

Pure coconut oil is another I've heard about, seems to be a buzz in skincare at the mo too. Plus both of them have got to smell better than bio-oil (yuk) and no nasty petroleum/mineral oil based ingredients (main ingredient of bio-oil).

saying that... Id smother anything on me to stop loose saggy skin!xx

I use Fushi Virgin organic coconut oil and it's dreamy. It is oily so you don't need a lot. Put a small amount in the palm of you hand and rub them together just to warm it a little, then use. Since I began using it, and drinking loads of water, my skin is the best it has been in years. You can also eat it, as it's full of nutrients, but it is high in fat, so be careful. A two for 1, you can't complain at that :)

Back