Sams Diary - Back on SS

have already replied to you on the 7 day thread but just wanted to say again Dis, Dont be too hard on yourself. You are doing so so well. 45lb in 9 weeks is awesome and you should be really really proud of yourself.

We have lasted longer than many people do on this hard diet. Keep telling yourself how well you are doing. I do not think you are being over confident or cocky at all. You have achieved so much and you know how hard this is.

Keep at it hun. Look, your BMI is getting real close to the 30 mark. Another couple of weeks or so and you will be under 30 which has got to be great motivation

Day 77

Feeling really pleased with myself today. Have successfully completed my 7 day perfect SS challenge to myself, which has resulted in a 5lb loss this week.

THis means I have now lost a total of 3st 7lbs and gone past the halfway point in my diet.

I feel like having a choc orange bar and a coffee to celebrate!!

wow sam! i just cant believe how well you have done.
just goes to show that sticking to 100% SS DOES pay off.

even better, you've pretty much reached the 50lb mark! i'm soo happy for you and i can only imagine how chuffed you are feeling with yourself.

looking back about 2 weeks, you were so unsure of your future with CD & with SS. I'm sure there's no doubt at all now.

Keep it up hun! are we up for another 7day SS challenge? starting today, perhaps? i am!!! I MUST TRY IT AGAIN!!

Keep it up hun! are we up for another 7day SS challenge? starting today, perhaps? i am!!! I MUST TRY IT AGAIN!!

Yay Dis, Lets do it. Starting today. Ive still got that goal of 14 stones in 13 days in my sights... If I dont get there I want to be as near as possible.

Thanks for all your advice and support when I had my "wobble" a couple of weeks ago. Im so glad I stuck it out and am feeling really positive again now.

sam! well done on ur huge losses. almost there :D i need to take a leaf from ur book...ive been rubbish this week. congrats on making it over the half way point. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done Sam, fab loss and how great to be past the halfway point. The only way is down now!! Your doing great :D

Day 78

Well then. 11 complete weeks under my belt. Week 12 is going to be another 100% SS week for me. I was 100% last week and lost 5lb so it does pay off and its obvious that these little pickings here and there had been slowing my weight loss in the previous weeks.

Have just been watching the memorial service for Princess Diana. SHe was so wonderful and I can still remember clear as day watching the news in the early hours on that night that she died.

We're viewing some houses at the weekend so fingers crossed that we see something we like. We will hopefully get something that needs doing up as hubby is brilliant at DIY and can do anything really. I'd rather save money and do it ourselves than pay for improvements that others have made which may not be to our taste. We'll see whats around anyway.

Hows everyone else??

Hello Sam, just caught up with your diary.
What a difference a few weeks make.( been on hols for 3 weeks)
you are doing SOOOOOO well. love the pics too.
Glad you did the safari park. It's one of my favourite haunts.Takes me days to come down from the high after feeding all the beasts out of the car windows.
Incase anyone is confused,they don't recommend it in the lions & Tigers enclosures:eek:, but theres a surprising number of animals that you can get hand to mouth with. The giraffes are particularly keen & sometimes don't want to get their heads out of the car.

Anyway back to business. I noticed a couple of things as I read.
1. Hair. Don't worry.Camb says bit's an uncommon side effect. I think its pretty common.It's a function of the amount of weight lost & not specific to camb. It's a thinning not a clumpy loss.When you reach goal,your weight stabilizes& you go back to over 1000 cals a day it'll automatically sort itself out & return to its original thickness.

2. your struggle with the totm last month. hope you don't have it as bad this month but if you do, & paracetamol doesn't work theres some other pain killer that have an anti spasmodic action ie should amp down the 'labour pain' part of it. unfortuneately I've forgotten their name.Used to use them myself pre kids as it was the nly way to function & paracetamol didin't really touch the cramps. Also if you can prepare yourself for a poor loss in that week ( like you had last month)then anything you do lose will be a bonus. Silly me forgetting the name of the pills. H might remember. He was most impressed by the imptovement they made!
3. goodluck house hunting.

Another well done for your achievements so far!!!

Day 81

Have neglected my diary a bit over the past few days as been so busy. I think I already mentioned that we have to move house, so have been busy looking at property as well as packing small things into boxes when I have any spare time. ALso been getting DD1 ready to go back to school and applying for jobs has kept me very busy over the past few days.

Diet wise going OK. Have been 100% again this week but have totm due in a week or so. Hoping I cope better with that this month than last month. I was really ready to throw in the towel at my last totm so if I get the same feelings this month I have to remember that it is just hormones and will pas in a couple of days.

Its my birthday coming up on the 12th and I have planned to have a meal out on Friday 14th. Now I know some people will say dont eat... blah blah, but Its a concious decision and something I have been looking forward to for a while. Im using it as a sort of reward for my hard work so far and will make sensible food choices. I fully intend to get straight back onto plan afterwards and see this diet through to the end. Im still fairly confident that I can be at goal weight for Christmas and have my first slim Christmas for 10 years.

I have to go out tomorrow and get a new suit for my job interviews as when I tried on my size 20 suits they literally fell to the ground. To think I was squeezing myself into a size 20 less than 3 months ago is astonishing really. The results really do come quickly on this diet if you stick to it.

A size 16 suit should be perfect but I may be brave and try on a 14 - just to see how far off I am if nothing else.

jane thanks for popping by. I'll go and catch up on your thread now. Kaz, its all gone quiet... hope you are OK. And Dis, my diet buddy and support partner. Sorry to hear about the zero loss this week, but persevere and the results will come.

Day 83

Got a job interview this afternoon!! Im strangely looking forward to it. I am definitely ready to get back into the workplace so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I went to buy a suit for my interview from Next. Tried on a couple but have chosen a really nice navy blue trouser suit in size 16 if you please! To be honest the trousers are a teeny bit tight on the waistband but I didnt want to get an 18 as I wont get any wear out of them with how quick the weight drops on this wonderful diet. Another 4 or 5lb off and the 16s will fit perfectly.

Still going strong with the SSing. Have moved Wi to Friday morning this week as I have another job interview on Thurs morning.

Right then, need to start getting stuff ready for my interview. I'll pop back in later to tell you all how it went.

...with the interview!
also, wearing a size 16 trouser??? oh lordy, im jealous! i know i will be there soonish. but wow, it must feeel divine!

03.gif

Day 85

Just back from WI. Another 2lb gone which I am happy with as I had a 5lb loss last week, but over the last 4 weeks its only 11lb, and 11lb the 4 weeks before that so I am not quite achieving the stone a month.
Still, its a hell of a lot faster than I would be losing on a "normal" diet at 1lb a week so I am happy. My 14st by 12st September isnt looking likely now but I'll get as close as I can to it.

Job interviews this week have both gone really well. I wont find out about either position till tuesday or wednesday next week, and the local jobs paper is out today so may apply for some more. I'll go for a stroll to the shops in a bit and buy it.

Busy weekend ahead with school visits to potential secondary schools for DD1, and then a birthday party for my 3 year old nephew on Sunday. Also need to go bra shopping as my boobs have shrunk lots which Im very happy about!

So then, thats 12 weeks finished. On to week 13 and lets hope its another good one.

wahey sam! you've passed over the 50lb mark! and 2lbs? oh yes, i'd take it as well, over any other "eating" diet anyday.

only have a sec to reply here....but just wanted to say: keep us posted on the job and house hunt...!! will catch up again later!

Day 86

Nothing exciting to report really. Going to a school open day today for DD1 next September. Cant believe my baby will be going to big school next year, and my youngest will start primary school next year too so a really important school year coming up for both of them.

Going to do a second viewing on a house today. Its a house that needs a bit of doing up and I think we are going to have to negotiate hard on the price if we decide to go for it.

Had a really hungry day yesterday - not sure how I managed not to eat. Also a bit worrying is the amount of hair I seem to be losing at the moment. Ive mentioned this before but it seems to be getting worse. Im really going to have to keep a close eye on it.

Nothing else exciting happening right now.

good morning sam. thanks so much for your encouragement! it really does mean alot.

have a nice time at the open school day for your babies. awww im looking forward to passing that milestone but at the same time, oh so scared to see them off. :cry: i know i know. i'll get over it. and of course, i have a couple years to go before that happens.

as far as the house goes, keep us posted. ((the hubby and i often talk about buying a fixer-upper instead of something ready made...)) i think i'd rather pay a little less so that i can take my time and put my own "stamp" on it, as far as deco, knocking out walls, rebuilding, etc...

and i was thinking about the hair issue...have you seen your GP about it? perhaps its time you should boook an appt for a check up? i was thinking about having a once over done as well. ((i think its required when you're on LL so why shouldnt it be something the CDers do as well?))

anyways, take care of yourself hun, and have afab day!

Well done on the weight loss. It's all down to your hard work and determination and you should be REALLY proud of yourself. :)

2525252520Hi25252520YallOGY.gif

morning sam
still going great i see
enjoy your meal out you deserve a little treat for all your hard work
keep up the good work
kaz xxx

Back