Sam's Diet Journal 2008

Tank god for that..... Ive been slogging it out at the gym and feel better but the scales say im no different. Will weigh again next week after my totm and see if there is a difference....heres hopin...To abz and Kaz too.....well done on stayin strong girls. we can do this!!!! Had my 2nd step and tone class this evening. nothing like it to make me sweat!!!! x x x

im getting back on track sam bloody easier to fall off the wagon than to climb back on lol its a long way up

im getting back on track sam bloody easier to fall off the wagon than to climb back on lol its a long way up
tell me about it. I've not fallen off, but I'm finding it an uphill struggle to stay on.

Weakwilled - are your calves aching? I do a bit of step on th Wii Fit and mine ache big-time afterwards. I wouldn't worry too much about the scales not showing a move. They will in time.

hi guys. day two is complete, on with day three. but. BUT. i have my totm again!! AGAIN!! none for years then one week on, one week off. of course this means i'm bloated up to the size of a heffer and am going to have gained when i weigh in tomorrow morning. am seriously peeved as i haven't even lost the water weight from the last time yet, let alone from saturday night!! aargh...

abz xx

Week 4, Day 5

I am struggling:(

For some reason I have urges to pick and it's like the self distruct button being pressed which I seem to have little control over. It's not even that I've been home alone ( which is the usual confort eat scenario) as hubby is here at the mo.

I think part of it is that the scales have still not budged to show a loss of a full stone, and me hopping on and off them twice a day isn't helping the matter either, but I can't seem to help myself.

~~~

Abz - my totm was late this time, I'm putting it down to the diet too.

dont jump on the scales twice a day your depressing yourself and making it all feel worse, sam you and i arent doing a vlcd so were not going to see losses all the time you have been doing fantastic so please dont give up now and if you feel need to pick have strawberries or something like that in fridge that you can just take a couple of small things when you feel the urge

aw hon. you're doing really well. keep it up. you don't want to undo all your hard work. even if the scales aren't quite showing a full stone. it bloody well is a stone. you've lost a STONE. that's fab :D

and now it's my turn to moan :)

i have lost a measly 1/4 lb this week. now i know i had a planned break but i didn't go mental like i could have, and i know that i have totm. therefore i know that it must all be water weight. that doesn't help. it would be water weight on any other sodding diet too, and i would be eating and losing more than 1/4 a week. that's 2 3/4lbs in the last fortnight and until that break i was as good as gold could get!! aaaaargh.

not giving up. but i'm peeved. really peeved. if i don't see an improvement after this next bloody break for this wedding over the course of a couple of weeks i may have to rethink. this is an expensive and gruelling thing to do if you don't get results. am hoping for a half stone whoosh at some point...

abz xx

sam kick abzs ass i have already but i told her id cut and paste my reply to here aswell lol

abz you can do this and yes it may take slightly longer cause of the planned breaks but stop beating yourself up about it, you have been doing brilliantly and can do brilliantly after the wedding and as you said a loss is better than a gain, and yes next week will probably be like this week but at least you will have enjoyed your mates wedding

Thanks for the support. I know scale hopping is destructive, but it just happens - having said that I've not been on this morning so that is a plus.

Abz -all good things come to those who wait. I can understand that you're disappointed, especially as it costs such a lot and is so different from normal eating/method of weight loss. They do say that the third & fourth week tends to be a breaking point of a diet - which I can certainly understand, however it is no excuse to stop trying. Keep at it Abz!

Kazzy - how are you doing with yours?

im plodding on with the healthy eating and the small portions and trying not to eat junk its going ok harder just now as the kids off school so no structure to my day

if you can get through the school hols kaz you can get through anything!! when is your weigh in day?

abz xx

Hey sam.....Stay strong.....your an inspiration to me so dont give up!!!! your doing super....As regards my calves....yes they hurt a bit but ive been doing an hour of step once a week so im getting used to it not thank god......really think its paying off!! x x x

good morning chaps. how are we feeling today? i weighed myself this morning and have lost 1/2lb so hopefully i'm back on track just in time to come off track on saturday again, ha.

abz xx

lol abz its still another small loss and after the weekend you will soon get back ontrack again

Hello - I am feeling more positive today:) Did 2 hours of Wii Fit last night and that has really motivated me.

I have the dentist this afternoon - having two fractured fillings replaced which I am really not looking forward to:(

hi guys. i'm going onto low carb tonight. i feel really shitty about it but i feel so terrible and tired and achey and leaden and i really want to enjoy this weekend. not feel like i can barely move. i was so tired at the rehearsal this evening and i went to nap this aft only to sleep for about four hours or so... not good. so i feel really guilty. but i don't want to remember this as a massive effort to get through. i'll be back on track on sunday and no doubt it will be horrendous getting back on it but i will do. and then through to september :)

abz xx

Weigh-in Day - First day of Week 5 (Friday 04/07/2008)

This past week I had lost my motivation. It was more like healthy eating rather than dieting, and I didn't Wii Fit for a few days either. In turn, the scales didn't move making me feel a bit fed-up.

Anyway, on Wednesday I got back on track doing exercise (possibly over compensating for the missed days), and sticking to the diet.

So my loss for this week is only 1lb, but it is in the right direction and it means I have lost a full stone in four weeks.

Tomorrow I go on holiday for a few days, I'm not planning on taking the lap-top with me, so I'll have to update you on my progress (or not) next Friday. Fingers crossed that I can maintain the weight loss for this week

~~~

Abz - don't beat yourself up about it. Enjoy the weekend.

Kazzy - how was your week?

Weakwilled - how are you getting on?

sam have abrilliant holiday and enjoy yourself without worrying about your diet

Ive had a shitty week and of course the first thing you do is comfort eat my emotions all over the place and its not good ,, so ive gained this week but not to much just need to get head back into the right place but with all the **** going on will be easier said than done.

abz enjoy the weekend i think your doing the right thing to help you get through the wedding and enjoying yourself

Kazzy - sorry to hear you've put on. Try and put it behind you. This week there's a clean slate.

ill keep trying , im not even beating myself up about gaining im beating myself up that i let family screw my head again so that i felt the need to eat bad things argggggggggggggg family who needs em

Back