Sam's Diet Journal 2008

absolute brilliant loss well done sam ur doing great ,
hows things with u abz is it this weekend your mates hen party?

it is. it's tomorrow night. i've been faffing around with things to give her, like trying to make a tiara out of stars. all i did was get superglue all over myself. not something i want to repeat :) so i have stocked up on jewellery wire so i can do it tonight without the dreaded glue, ha.

am looking forward to it. have started eating cambridge bars but to be honest they make me feel a bit sick. they are soooooooo sweet... the cranberry one is lovely but the others are a bit too much. but i have about five left, ha. if i nibble on them over the whole day it isn't so sickly so i'll try that.

how are you doing kaz?

abz xx

im not bad in for another busy hectic weekend lol i think ive got a houseful tonite and then ive got a party in my house 2moro nite arggggggggggg that was only arranged on thursday nite so maybe ill lose the weight ive gained rushing about hehehe

i have blisters the size of mountains and my socks are purple and black stripey so i can't walk around the office in them :(

hope you have a fab party :D

abz xx

why cant you walk around the office in them whats wrong with purple and black stripey socks better than all the boring dull black ones blokes wear

Hello ladies - hope you both have a good weekend. I'm off to a wedding evening reception this evening. Be trying on clothes and nothing is right. What I had planned to wear hubby sort of pulled a face, so that has thrown me into a spin:eek:

ha. if you think you look fab in it hon then go for it :)

and it isn't particularly professional wearing stripey socks... if i wasn't in the IT department i might be but we get visitors all the time...

abz x

hope you had a good time sam and im sure you looked lovely and lets be honest what do men know anyway

LOL - not sure about looking lovely but I had a good time. Was drinking diet coke all night. After the fourth I couldn't face any more! The buffet was cold meats, salmon, salad and new pots so I was good on the food count!

Just been to the beach with Molly, so at least I've had some exercise.

Last edited:
ive spent all morning shopping and cooking the buffet for tonites party arggggg so no excercise here and got a sore back for me troubles lol are pain killers fattening hehehe

Kazzy - I'm in cleaning mode this afternoon, and boy does the house need it too. Thought I would take a breather with a coffee. Have a great party.

Week 4, Day 3 - Sunday

Yesterday was an odd day for me, very busy but just doing house things. I took Molly to the beach, but other than that and the cleaning didn't get any formal exercise.

The diet is still going, with no slip-ups. Hopped on the scales this morning, and I've still not managed to crack the stone yet:( I'm sure it is just round the corner. Obviously likes hanging onto the 16s! I can't do any more than I am doing so I will just have to wait.

I'm off to a crop (craft club today) which I'm really looking forward to. There's normally a lot of chatting and not too much crafting going on, but it's good to get out doing things. I'll just have to stay clear of the biscuits!

~~~

Update: feel really proud of myself on two counts. My lunch could have turned out a disaster as I was faced with a cafe with lovely chips and cakes. However, I opted for a jacket with beans and an apple - I am impressed with myself.

Also there were some fabulous choccy biscuits at the crop, and I didn't have one so I am feeling sooo chuffed with myself!

Fingers crossed I can maintain the correct eating habits when I'm away on holiday in a weeks time!

PS - forgot to say - checked my weight today, and I still haven't managed to hit the stone!

Last edited:
Well done to you sam your doing so well.....It takes so much willpower to be in control but you make it seem easy....ive been doing good. Exercising alot and still loving it. A question for anyone who can answer it..... Do you tend to be at your heaviest just before your time of the month??? x x x

well done sam thats willpower u seem to have it in abundance at minute and im sure you will be fine on holiday if the willpower stays like that
where are you going on holiday?

Weakwilled - I would have to say yes, regarding being heavy just before the TOTM. Glad you're sticking to it.

Kazzy - how are you doing?

Not sure about will-power in abundance - I am struggling tonight. I'm home alone this evening and the temptation to raid the cupboards is very strong, so I think I will need to have an early night to get away from the cravings.

sam your doing great and aslong as you didnt open the cupboards and binge thats willpower keep smiling

abz yeah i had a good weekend thanx tired out now mind you lol

Hi Abz & Kazzy - Glad you both had a good weekend. Abz how did you manage with the hen night and the diet? Kazzy - are you back on track now?

hey sam. i did just fine. enjoyed myself and am back on track but my cravings are back. argh. ha.

abz xx

Stay strong Abz, it will be worth it:)

Back