Sam's Diet Journal 2008

thanks sam. you too :D i slept from half 7 last night through to 6 this morning. i'm a bit less tired today :)

abz xx

Week 3, Day 5 - Tuesday

Diet update. Still being good, however have not been drinking as much water the last day or so. I don't know why - I just haven't!

I'm not sure if it is the diet, but in theory it should be TOTM, I've had the PMT, I've had the cleaning frenzy (which is normally a signal that it is imminent) - but nothing (no, I'm not pregnant). So I am guessing my body is a little topsy-turvy and will settle when it's ready.

Yesterday was such a lovely day that hubby and I took Molly the dog down the beach for a long walk. It was so calm, warm and empty of people - wonderful. Fingers crossed for a similar day today.

So it's now 8pm - the day at work has dragged, it's started to rain a little, but I have done exercise on the Wii Fit:)

Last edited:
good morning sam.

my weigh in last night was fairly successful. i have lost 2.5lbs. not as much as i'd like but then i have had totm to contend with which is thankfully now coming to an end i hope...

i did however lose an inch off my waist and one off my thigh too, which surprised me. still not movement on boobs or arms and no more on hips.

i have got lots of new goodies :) i have a couple of choccie bars, a tetra pack that i'm freezing to make ice cream for the cinema tonight, mix a mousse so i can make angel delight stuff and water flavouring so i was eating a rather lovely ice lolly at half six this morning, ha.

how are you feeling today?

abz xx

Abz - well done on the loss. I bet you're glad to have a variety of products now.

Thanks Myounow:)

sounds like the walk on the beach was lovely sam wish i had a beach close by id never be off it with the dogs,, is it sand or pebbles?

Kazzy - it's sand.

Now that the summer is hear, dogs are not allowed on the main part of the beach, so we walk over the headland and drop down to the designated doggy area where not many tourists visit.

Molly loves going in the sea, we have a Chuck-it and launch the ball out to sea - she then swims in to retrieve it. I'll post a pic of the beach later.

sounds nice my love swimming we take them to loch lomond and chuck em off the pier and laff at them swimming back to shore my oh threw there solid rubber ball in the water one day and surprise surprise it sank doh!!!! made him retrieve it lol, my 2 love swimming to fetch sticks aslong as there not thrown out to far.
Hows the diet and excercise going?

Kazzy - it's going fine. I've realised that I need to have meals planned to ensure i don't go for the option of a take-away. Exercise is not very regular but I am doing some. I think my cold is finally on its way - thank goodness.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit my target of a full stone for this week, although I'm going to the loo for Britain so I must be loosing something:)

How are you doing? Are you over your cold now?

glad to hear your cold is finally on its way out, im just a little bit snuffly now at least my sinuses arent painful anymore, it will probably turn out to be an allergy knowing my luck and ill be allergic to the dogs lol

my my, you two don't half natter, ha. am glad both of you are feeling a wee bit better :) i've been to the cinema and had a frozen chocolate cd tetra as ice cream and it was divine!! mix a mousse for brekkie here i come!! ha.

abz xx

Abz - did you have any more "accidents"?

Week 3, Day 6 - Wednesday

So it's the end of another day. As far as the diet is concerned it has been a good one.

This past couple of evenings, I have had cravings for "something nice". It's not that I've been feeling hungry - just fancying something.

To tame the feeling, I saved some strawberries for an "evening feast" - it wasn't exactly what I was craving, but at least I felt I was indulging in something.

An odd thing happened today. I came home from work and went straight on the Wii Fit, and I think I may have experienced "endorphins" (spl?)!

I was busy doing my step routine when I had to stop due to a visitor, but I couldn't get back to it quick enough - I was definitely on some sort of high which isn't me at all.

I really liked the Wii Fit today as for some reason it said I had an age of 22 (I'm actually 43), no doubt tomorrow I'll be 50 but it was nice to be 22 if only for an hour or so...

you must be doing well on the wii fit your on your way to becoming and addict

kazzy - I am definitely an addict!

Week 3, Day 7 - Thursday

Can't wait to get this week weigh-in out of the way. It's been a long week. Don't get me wrong, I've not struggled with the diet or anything, it just seems to have been very slow.

I took a sneak peek at the scales this morning, and it looks promising, not quite hit my target for this week, but it could be there by the morning - fingers crossed.

another session on wii will knock you into shape lol

hey sam. how did the weigh in go this morning?

and no. i have been accident free for the last couple of days, ha. had another one bit by bit throughout the entire day yesterday as i was out with friends and it went just fine :)

abz xx

Weigh in day - Start of Week 4

I didn't quite hit my target of one stone lost in three weeks, but I did shift a further 2lbs, bringing my total loss to 13lbs.

Kazzy - I didn't do any Wii last night as my legs were aching from the stepping done the night before. Maybe I should have!

Abz - glad you've not any further "accidents". Hope you had a good time with your mates.

i did thanks sam :)

and well done on the 2lbs :D 13lbs in three weeks is damn close to your goal!!

abz xx

Thanks Abz - I was looking forward to being 15 something, never mind that will be next week instead.

Back