Sam's Diet Journal 2008

Samantha_Carolyn

I know I can do it...
Well nothing like biting the bullet!:sigh:

On the morning of Friday 6th June 2008, I stepped on the scales and was shocked at my weight of 16stone 13pounds - it would be ok if I were seven foot tall but alas I'm only 5.5!

I knew it had been creeping up, my clothes were tight (and ugly) and I could feel rolls of fat against the car seat, my legs rubbed together if I wasn't wearing trousers too. And what makes it worse is that it is all self inflicted:cry:

I've recently suffered from bad back problems and also my knees ache, especially when I'm on the stairs. I felt like a pesioner instead of being 43! This was the turning point.

I'm pretty much a control freak in many aspects of my life, so it really irritates me that I can not control my weight, and the sight of me in the mirror disgusts me.

So I am now going to be in control of my weight and my lifestyle. Take the diet steadily and learn to exercise - an area I actually detest. But it has to be done to get where I want to be.

So next formal weigh-in day is Friday 13th June - (I hope the date is not an omen).

I'll try to pop on and update as often as possible.

well good luck and let us all no how you get on. Remember this place is great for talking espesh if u just want to ahve a good old nag about dieting!! lol

Good luck gives a shout if u need a kick up the backside as im hoping you will do for me when im fed up lol
Also if u need the emotional support gives a yell aswell as i know thats hard and dunno about you and as much as i love him my OH doesnt understand the emotions behind the weight

Hi Samantha,
Good luck, I hope that everything works out well for you...this place is so inspiration al and incredibly important to many of us. Let us all know how you're doing and if you need any help.

Good luck to you

Christina & Paula - thanks:)

Kazzy - I guess once we've been on here long enough we'll be able to PM. I'm in a similar position regarding DH. He is supportive, but doesn't understand - for one thing he likes exercise and gets withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't go to the gym - to me that's just not right! To address this situation I have received my pedometer so at least I can walk and measure the distance covered etc.

Christina & Paula - thanks:)

Kazzy - I guess once we've been on here long enough we'll be able to PM. I'm in a similar position regarding DH. He is supportive, but doesn't understand - for one thing he likes exercise and gets withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't go to the gym - to me that's just not right! To address this situation I have received my pedometer so at least I can walk and measure the distance covered etc.

My boyfriends the same he loves to workout and is really fit. It can be very daunting at times lol

This is day five of my first week. I stepped on the scales and I've lost a bit more, taking it to 6lbs so far.

I still have not done any exercise. The pedometer has arrived but I need to programme it. I then plan to find my average steps per day and then build on that.

I've ordered a Wii and a Wiifit so once that arrives I have no excuses and need to get on with it!

This is day five of my first week. I stepped on the scales and I've lost a bit more, taking it to 6lbs so far.

I still have not done any exercise. The pedometer has arrived but I need to programme it. I then plan to find my average steps per day and then build on that.

I've ordered a Wii and a Wiifit so once that arrives I have no excuses and need to get on with it!

wow that is soo good hun. and its not even friday yet!!!!! :) :) :)
what sort of foods you eating??

I'm just eating sensibly. Drinking alot of water too, and not having any extras. I'm also not eating after 7pm - the earlier I can have my main meal the better.

(Breakfast is cereal & fruit, lunch is soup, followed by something like ryvita with cottage cheese or a salad + fruit. Dinner is normal, just smaller portions and no snacking + yogurt or sugar free jelly or fruit).

I'm just eating sensibly. Drinking alot of water too, and not having any extras. I'm also not eating after 7pm - the earlier I can have my main meal the better.

(Breakfast is cereal & fruit, lunch is soup, followed by something like ryvita with cottage cheese or a salad + fruit. Dinner is normal, just smaller portions and no snacking + yogurt or sugar free jelly or fruit).

well it sounds good and is obviously working for you really well.
Look forward to friday when you update your ticker.

Me too:) I am hoping that because I have not set hard and fast rules for myself that it will be realistic to keep up the diet and see it through to the end.

Me too:) I am hoping that because I have not set hard and fast rules for myself that it will be realistic to keep up the diet and see it through to the end.

ye i find that mini goals work the best and are great for motivation. I find that a target weight loss can sometimes be very demotivating because it feels sooo far away lol.

Very true regarding the mini goals. I think that's why I'm going on the scales every few days. At the moment I need to see that it is moving, as I don't feel any different yet.

Very true regarding the mini goals. I think that's why I'm going on the scales every few days. At the moment I need to see that it is moving, as I don't feel any different yet.

ye im to finding the first week quite hard. Not in terms of the fact i cant stick to it its just i want the weight to go quicker. I no that because of the diet im doing its a more natural and healthier diet so thats why its not doing as quickly as people who are on the CD but owel.

But well done you. You've nearly lost half a stone thats amazing in such a short amount of time.

Just dont let the scales rule you life, ive had to hide my scales from my 16 yr old who is super thin and fit and healthy as she is obsessed by her weight if i leave them lying about

Just dont let the scales rule you life, ive had to hide my scales from my 16 yr old who is super thin and fit and healthy as she is obsessed by her weight if i leave them lying about

ye thats the only problem with dieting you become obsessed to check your weight. But i do still think that even if your not loosing weight all the time (me) lol that you are still loosing inches and toning up your body. As they say muscle weighs more than fat lol. Because i do feel like ive lost more than 3 pounds lol

im hoping daughter will kick my backside to get moving specially when she breaks up from school end of this month as she loves walking and loves walking in the countryside so ive asked her to help me and as she is taking PE as a subject at school she could use me as an experiment lol

im hoping daughter will kick my backside to get moving specially when she breaks up from school end of this month as she loves walking and loves walking in the countryside so ive asked her to help me and as she is taking PE as a subject at school she could use me as an experiment lol

haha lol! well that will be good though to have somebody to give you extra motivation to carry on.

Day 6 of the first week

Part of me dieting is to be more healthy, and I've been hit by a head cold that has knocked me for six. (Headache, ear ache, runny nose and chesty cough) Feeling pretty miserable - so much for being more healthy.

On the up-side. It's weigh-in morning tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I have lost. I'm amazed how quickly this week has passed, and it certainly helps having this forum to visit and discuss weight issues.

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly Sam. It really knocks you when you do something to make you healthy....ie., eat healthy, then you get sick, but stay on the wagon and let your body recover slowly but surely....it may just be your bodies natural release of toxins.

Love to you

Back