Sander's Dukan Diary

Checking in

I have had a rough month - one of my parents died suddenly and I had to drop everything and go take care of the estate and the surviving parent who is in very ill health. I now have a new housemate :) I have gained a bit of weight back, but am still within my three pound window, but if I don't watch out I will be through the window and down the road to bad food choices again. I successfully did a PP day yesterday, but today I comfort ate, which didn't provide any comfort. I'm very wobbly, tired, exhausted, and sickly feeling. I really don't care too much about anything.

sorry to hear about your parent sander :( big hugs xx take care of yourself xx

Sander, so sorry for your sad loss.

Go easy on yourself and just get through this difficult time however you need to.

P x

Sanders I know the pain of loosing a parent, nothing at the moment will matter, your grief will engulf you. When your heads back in the right place then take stock x

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Sander and the problems you are now faced with - take care and if you ever need to talk your minimin friends are here xxx

I'm back. And restarting Dukan from the attack phase - a month and half of mindless eating, depression, sickness, and stress and I have gained 1 stone 3 lbs :( Doesn't take long to put the weight back on :(

So this is day one of take 2 on Dukan. At least I have a shorter journey this time.

Sander is back - to try again. My mom passed away 3 weeks ago, so I lost both parents over the last 6 months. Having mom living with me after dad dies just gutted me. She was so sick and failed so quickly. It turned otu that she had untreated cancer that metastacized into her bones and organs. It was a sad thing to watch as she lost the ability to walk, to think clearly, and as her pain level increased to intolerable levels. However, compared with some cancer experiences I have heard relatively brief. So I am in this weird state of sadness and happiness. Depression and numbness. I don't do well at controlling what I eat, I have gone abck to almost all of my old habits, but I am not finding any solace in them. I try to go back to Dukan methods, but find myself throwing in the towel by the end of the day because I just feel so completely incapable. But I am trying again today. I recovered my minimins password, (which had been reset following the hacking attack on the board) and I am actually posting :) I figured posting on here helped before, so hopefully it will help again.

Today's menu
Attack day 1:

BF: Savory gallette, 1 egg + 1 egg white, lean turkey sausage crumbles (1 tbsp), 1.5 tbsp oat bran, 1 tbsp ff sour cream
Lunch: 2 Roasted chicken breasts + 1 cup soy yogurt sweetened with vanilla and splenda
Dinner: 1 sirloin steak + 6 prawns + 1 cup sf jelly
Snack: Soy milk latte - 12oz

Sander

Bless you sweetheart, what a very tough time you're having.

Good to see you back and well done for Day 1.

P x

Welcome back xxx look forwards and good luck. The first step on the Dukan bus and were heading for a simmer you. Xxx

Hey Sander

Welcome back, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum and Dad, I lost my Mum suddenly last year to Cancer and basically I ate everything in sight I could get my hands on for comfort and also lots of takeaways for convenience as I was too down and depressed to cook.

I hope you have people around you for support, you can always vent on here :) I know I have and the support of the girls has been invaluable.

take it steady, be good to yourself hun xx

Thanks - I have pretty much responded the same way. I just wrote a 3-part blog entry on the experience. It's pretty raw.

Well I mad it through day 1 of the restart. Woke up 3 times in the night to relieve myself, always a good sign when you start the diet :rolleyes: Woke up this morning hungry, but not ravenous - actually had a slight hunger growl, which I haven't had since I went off the rails and started eating everything. Another good sign! Still absolutely no motivation to feed myself healthy food, I just don't want to make the effort in the kitchen. Luckily I had left over chicken in the fridge from yesterday, so ate that for breakfast.

I invited company over for dinner today, one of the ways to force myself to shop and cook. (I hadn't been to the shops for over a month, and I am normally a 3 times a week shopper). Today I am making salmon and steak and deviled eggs. With salad, asparagus, and roasted red potatoes for the side dishes that I won't be eating. Hope everyone enjoys it :)

After everyone goes home I figure I will have my gallette or oatbran and yogurt if I am feeling peckish.

Day 1 weight loss of 3.5 pounds, by the way (hence the three bathroom trips in the night)

Great loss xxx

Got wobbley and went off the rails yesterday and today. I care but I don't care. I want to scream, but instead I eat. Hmmm - primal scream therapy perhaps?

Do the best you can do. Its better than not trying at all xxx

I'd say if you want to scream do it....seriously...when my Mum died I waited 'til I was alone, went upstairs, shoved my head onto a pillow to muffle it slightly and just let it out...seriously the phrase better out than in with these feelings and thoughts is so true....I'm not sure if you're an exercise type person, but something physical like running/cycling or maybe a kickboxing or martial arts class when you're feeling able enough is a good way to channel and vent.

Beat a pillow, shout when you want to, write if it helps, you have to do whatever you need to get through this period without bottling it up and having a meltdown

There's a time to be strong and there's a time to realise you need support and ask for help - keep posting and take each day as it comes with the diet xx

Dieting is not happening. I have absolutely no willpower. THis annoys me. I think I am completely emotionally exhausted. I had a run-in with someone at work today and I couldn't stop crying for over an hour. I told my manager about this run-in and she was very supportive and going to try and smooth things out so that we can continue working together, but I don't know if I can forgive them...

Back