Sander's Dukan Diary

EGAD - My resolve crumbled completely here in the New Year. I made through the weekend away, all the parties, dinners, etc. Then, back at work and all by myself I gave in to all sorts of naughties. Sigh... new year, same me. Did you all see my over confidence in the previous weeks posts - huge red light and I was blind to it. OK - all done now! No more goodies - heading to the garbage can to start tossing out accumulated items - if the guys wanted to have the sweet, salty, chocolaty, caramel coated items they should have eaten them during the holiday amnesty period when I was allowing them in the house and being oh so strong and not eating them myself!

I can't believe its only 18 days until my "target" date. I have decided I will be officially switching to conso on that day no matter what my weight is. It is time to move on so that I don't self-sabotage by cyclical cheating/recovery. I figure I will probably continue to drop weight during conso, but if I don't it won't bother me as long as I am not consistently gaining.

Had my gallette this morning and no longer feeling the binge eating urge that was plaguing me yesterday. I figure it must have been a post-holiday let down. The weird thing was I didn't feel emotional, I just felt hungry, hungry, hungry and for all the bad things and all the good things. Even though my stomach was feeling overstuffed, I was still feeling hungry. It wasn't a craving type day that I had experienced before during dukan and it wasn't an I'm mad, depressed, anxious hunger - so it was a weird one to self-diagnose. After I threw out the sugary snack foods I proceeded to eat 2 eggs, 2 tins of tuna, and 2 chicken breasts as well as a tub of vanilla soy yogurt. My stomach hurt so bad by the end of the day! Scale this morning shows me down a pound - we'll see tomorrow what the official scales say!

Maybe it's TOTM hunger coupled with post-holiday blues? Bad combination!! Well done for starting again though, I was over confident as well but have managed to accept it and move on. Be proud of youself.

Thanks CD - I guess it could be TOTM hunger - but its only been 2 weeks - however, as I said earlier, my cycle has been changing this last year, so I have no idea what to expect from myself right now :) I'm officially down another pound though - so I am still making progress to the goal :)

Hmmm - I think it is definitely TOTM precursors - still hungry, super chilled, and bloated :( At least we are having beautiful weather here - we are supposed to get up into the 50's today and set a new record high - it feels like spring. So I have been able to get out much more regularly and walk with the dogs so exercise front is improving. Been good on the food front, no major upsets! Roast sirloin is on the menu for tonight, last night we had meatballs, the night before that pork loin roast (part of the benefits of following the american plan :)) Tomorrow we circle back to chicken, then meatloaf, then salmon - then shopping :)

Winter is back - we are expected to get 3-8 inches of snow starting the evening and it is down in the teens. Those 30 - 40 degree drops in temperature are hard to adjust to in the morning! So its back to the treadmill and the stationary bike :) Tons of work to do with deadline looming of Friday the 13th to have all my articles submitted to the editor. Got a bunch of fact-checker reviews back overnight so I will be busy putting all those fixes in and doing a final flow review. So, not much thought going into menu planning today - I've got lots of ready proteins and its a PP day today so I should be ok!

ooooh snow... ;)

TOTM - just started this morning and then stopped
Salt - probably a little on the heavy side - I got some low sodium turkey bacon :)
Tolerateds - I think not - I don't tend to use the corn starch or the wheat bran and I didn't have cocoa last week
Eating enough - I think so - I was always hungry so I felt like I was eating too much
Pooping - not enough, been on the glommed up side :(

So I wasn't surprised to show a gain this week - hoping the body will sort itself out over the next week

TMI alert :D...

A motion could lose you 1lb at least...salt in food would add easily 1lb to me...perhaps more...water retention on totm could be 2lb+

up your water, keep an eye on your "regularity" maybe senna if you feel uncomfortable - add rhubarb...cut down on salty processeds xxx

I'm seldom shy on the forum, I figure I'm talking about stuff I would never discuss in person so I throw all the TMI rules out the window! But I am doing all those things this week and trying to get the bloat off and the intestines moving again.

:) Sounds like a good plan!!

Do you get rhubarb much in the states? x

I only ask as it's not particularly easy to find here, depending on the time of year :) x

Rhubarb is fall produce but you can get it in the freezer section pre-chopped which works well for what I use it for - stewed rhubarb, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and oat bran baked in the oven - I pretend its a cobbler

Rhubarb is great, I'm having rhubarb and ginger muffins a lot at the minute and find it helps transit issues. Bet you lose this following week as you'll be over TOTM, and I find salt seriously affects my weight - daren't have soy sauce at all! Are you drinking enough? It can help with transit and "salt-bloat"!!

Sander23 said:
Rhubarb is fall produce but you can get it in the freezer section pre-chopped which works well for what I use it for - stewed rhubarb, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and oat bran baked in the oven - I pretend its a cobbler

That sounds great - like rhubarb crumble - yum yum.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks like I'm gonna get to post an awesome loss this week - bloating gone, intestines back on track, already down 6 pounds :) - but I know its just last weeks loss plus this weeks!

My hubby did his yearly health assessment and he gained over the last year - must be all those extra carbs that he's eating since I'm not. So his bmi is at 27 and the recommendation for him is to lose 10 pounds - so he decided to do my diet. heehee So he is on day 2 of attack, of course his target is supposed to reached in 4 weeks, so I will probably wait conso until he is done - its kinda fun doing it with him instead of all by myself.

Back