Sander's Dukan Diary

Day 2 of my 3 day PP punishment :) I also seem to have PMT at the moment - how the months fly by... So I am grumpy and irritable. I keep on having to leave the room to keep from making the rest of my family miserable. My manager gave me (and the rest of our team) a bunch of frustrating admin work that I am having ot spend all my time on this week, while my actual projects fall behind. So I keep popping online because I hate HATE HATE doing make work that I know is going to get thrown out in a month when the new Executive director realizes that all this detail she asked for is going to drown her. (The previous director had us list all of our projects for the fiscal year and then track progress - this one wants each project broken down into the smallest work item and then tracked, so I went from 50 active projects to 274 and still counting - just filling out time spent for each of those will consume most of my time - gosh I need a project for project management!)
Oh well, enough work whining - I could go on forever, but I am thankful to have a good job and will continue to cope with the bureaucracy.

Food wise - going ell, no hirrble craving except for late last night and my DH managed to be annoying enough that I didn't have the opportunity to get anything to assuage it (I was going to try and make a dukan type desert - I thought I could modify a chocolate souffle recipe to be Dukanish) but every time I went into the kitchen to put it together he called me back to help him solve puzzles in his game :) By the time he was through it was almost bed time and he was like "I thought you were making yourself a desert?" How could I you fool!

Maybe your DH was sneakily trying to help you keep your mind occupied whilst you are doing your pp punishment? I fell off the wagon last week and still feel annoyed with myself so I know what you are going through! Hope you are feeling less grumpy soon. x

HEY CD - Yup - I think that was his diabolical plan, and it worked :) Last night I was fine, didn't have a tinge of cravings and am feeling pretty peppy. Still slightly nervy, little things like flies buzzing and dogs whining are making me want to scream, but general human interaction is easier than it was over the last two days. Today is the last PP day and weigh-in day.

I think combining three PP days with pmt is really a bit of a challenge! Especially with the work front being difficult too.
Well done for getting through comparatively unscathed.

Have you tried Excel for project tracking? I used it for my whole team and my own work. Used a worksheet per project, all in the sabme wirkbook, with a monthly grid showing planned activity and number of days, plus who did what. Totals on the bottom line for each month and end of line for each activity. Then use hyperlink on totals section to lead through to front worksheet single line per project. These autoupdate each time you alter anything on an individual sheet so you always have an up to date summary sheet for bosses plus more detail if they need it on an individual project. It's much quicker and simpler than using MS Project or similar. If you are interested I can send you a sample.

Hey Topaz, yes I have used both Excel and Project - this year our division decided to move to a custom Sharepoint site for project tracking, but they keep on changing what they want tracked. They are having off-sites this week to decide about merging the deliverable and supply/demand databases and looking at yet another tracking solution. But I would love to see your sample, maybe it could help me with my own chaos :)

This week is going really well weight loss wise - I am fighting yet another cold virus - which is annoying. My immune system has always been sub-par due to the food allergies. I wish it was Thursday so I could weigh-in :)

My weight loss has slowed over the last two months, which has made it hard to stay motivated and on track, so I've slipped up, which leads to more slowing - its a vicious cycle. But I keep on trying and refuse to quit, hoping that I will finally have that breakthrough. One of the things that I do is take pinch measurements of body fat so that I can see the shape changing, even if the scales are being stubborn. Last night I was doing my check and I was surprised by a hard protrusion - what is that? Aha - its my pelvic bone - the fat has finally subsided from that portion :) Over the last 6 months I have rediscovered my collar bones, shoulder blades, rib cage, and pelvis - That's pretty motivational!

I love finding bones I never knew I had lol

The leftover bowl of Halloween candy is calling to me - why didn't more kiddos stop by our house - I only gave out 9 pieces of candy and bought about 300!
Must stay strong - but my energy level is super low. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, and I've done really well this week - oh and its rainy and stormy and cold so I am not going outside. Only one more hour til someone else is in the house with me.... I can do it!

I made it through yesterday without succumbing to the candy, but I did have a real yogurt (0% greek, plain) which I flavored up with a bit of splenda, vanilla, and a half tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. Those taste so yummy, but I know that if I have them too often the milk allergy will rear its ugly head and make me ill, so I only buy 2 a week and save them for times when my will power sags.

My scale this morning says 189.9. I might have finally made it down the next 10 pounds. Official weigh-in doesn't happen until later today - hopefully I see a decent loss at that time of day. My size 14s that I bought after I got below 200 are starting to get baggy - so even though the numbers have been dropping slowly these last two months, I can tell the diet and exercise is still working.

Food for today:
PP
Gallette
Chicken breast (lots in the fridge, so will probably have chicken for both lunch and snack)
Salmon (dinner)

Hi Sander - just dropped into say hello.
I've read your diary end to end, your highs but particularly your lows are so encouraging, it's nice to see someone pick themselves up, dust themselves off etc
Thanks for sharing
Jo

Thanks Chris - and Hi Jos - thanks for stopping by :)
I had a great weigh-in so I'm happy - lost 4 pounds. Getting ready for another weekend. We have a social call to pay this afternoon for wine, cheese, and crackers with one of our community leaders - hopefully I can get by with tea, but if not will sip slowly and try to switch glasses with my hubby when his gets low :)
I have been invited and accepted to be a guest speaker at an industry conference in June, so there is another reason to make sure to get the weight off on schedule. When I go to these conferences I normally run hands-on labs, ask the experts tables, and demonstrations; actually presenting a session is a new experience.

thats a fantastic loss sander :D well done

I second the above:devilangel:
I like this one, it also makes me think of my twins Katie and Lizzie (4). Lizzie is on the left, I'll let you guess where Katie is!
Jo

Parents of twins are candidates for sainthood :) Those little ones have to work so hard to establish their identities to other people and constantly have to share attention.

Another weekend down - did pretty well - did have a couple of sips of wine Friday night, but not too much. Scales are still looking friendly. Woke up really early this morning - about 3 AM and couldn't get back to sleep - that has been happening pretty regularly over the last two weeks and seems to match the fact that my weight loss has started up again. Got rid of a bunch of fat clothes over the weekend - it is almost time to go pants shopping again! The last time I bought size 12 was 1991. I think the sizes must have changed considerably since then - because I weighed 156 and was super sad that I had to go up to such a huge size and was trying to figure out how to lose 20 pounds. My co-worker got me on this every other day eating diet on the off days you just drank water and ate these supplement tablets - I gained five pounds. If only I had found Dukan back then!

Wide awake at 2 AM this morning - managed to get back to sleep around 3 and slept til around 5. I have never been a morning person, so this early morning alertness is a new experience :)

Yesterday was a PV day - so the days food was:
- porridge
- mince patties and steamed broccoli with 2 tbsp marinara sauce (homemade)
- Chicken and vegetable soup
- beef jerky and sf jelly for snack

Today is a PP day, so the plan is
- gallette
- 1 egg omelet with extra lean ham
- 2 mince patties
- salmon fillet
- sf jelly

Woke up at 5 AM again! Yesterday went pretty much according to plan except for my salmon fillet had gone off in the frig so it had to be trashed and replaced with chicken. We are getting our first snow of the year today - its a pretty gloomy day outside, lots of snow, sleet, and wind. Even the dogs don't like it! Today is a PV day -plan is

- scrambled eggs
- extra lean ham
- chicken and vegetable soup
- meatballs, marinara sauce, and green salad

Tomorrow is weigh-in day already!

Good luck weighing in tomorrow! Have you tried a hot bath just before bed? I find I sleep longer when I have one. Also chamomile tea if you can face it (I think it's vile :))

Back