Sandra's refeed diary.....

Oh dear .... cringe!!!!!!! :giggle: x

Very poorly yesterday hence didn't even switch on my iPad!

Had a good nights sleep and didn't get up until 11.30am but, to cut a long story short, had a BP blip and fainted, woke up on the lounge floor with one of the cats licking my face. Couldn't get to the phone as I couldn't move a muscle until the blood started flowing again......lost a couple of hours.

Managed to eventually call my in-laws who came round to rescue me but when Paul came home he just went ballistic and told me that it was my fault for not eating! The fact that I fainted whilst trying to make some porridge and he had left me for 10 hours without so much as a text message didn't seem to matter....so at the moment I hate him, simple as that.

So ...

Yesterday's food

B (eaten in the middle of the afternoon ....porridge with oat bran
S a boiled egg and 2 slices of wm toast, a banana, strawberries with low fat
Greek yogurt
Hot choc before bedtime, a Lindor!

Today's food

B fruit and fibre with milk, 2 coffees
L homemade leek and potato soup, an apple
D rump steak, six baked potato wedges, peas. Choc ice for pud
Hot choc and another Lindor!

Still haven't read the ww literature but as I'm not hungry I'm not too worried. Done some reading up on my iron deficiency and as that's far more serious than losing weight at the moment, it's what I'm concentrating on!

Last edited:
Have you tried the burgen soya and linseed bread sandra, it's really nice and keeps you satisfied longer then wholemeal...

No Amanda, is it from a health food shop? Not really able to do my own shopping for a while and OH is hopeless. Bread was homemade by my MIL, she's wonderful!

Sent OH to M&S for steak and salmon, he didn't buy the fillet steak as he mistook the price per gram as that of kilos, so decided that it was too expensive......only he would be stupid enough to think that two fillet steaks would cost nearly £35! I also wanted plain salmon fillets, he bought ones that had already been poached!

Awww sandra what a scary thing to have happen, are you ok now? :hug99: Flippin men hey! What are they like!! :doh: lol x

Feel a lot better today thanks. This low blood pressure thing is going to be a problem for a while to come unfortunately......

All this took place in front of his parents and my sister! Don't know what my sis thought but my in-laws were disgusted at his outburst, they didn't even try to make any excuses for him and I think that his mum gave him a right bollocking from what she said to me this morning ! All I could do last night was sob, then I couldn't sleep cos I was so upset and when he asked me if I'd had a good night and I said that I couldn't sleep cos of the row his answer was to say, well let's forget about that.......I really, really, do hate him today. I know that I'm physically and emotionally fragile but even if I wasn't I'd still think that he's been an ar8ehole:( I told his mum that all I was worried about would be getting custody of the cats and I hope she tells him!

No not ahealth food shop...

I got mine from morrisons, but my mate gets it from tescos or asda

Today's food....

B fruit and fibre, small glass of M&S breakfast juice, two coffees
L toast and liver pate as the latter has loads of iron, fat too though methinks?! 100g blueberries and 125g lf Greek yogurt, 1g vitamin effervescent drink (apparently aids the absorption of iron from food)
Snack low cal hot choc as was feeling a bit chilly
D 2 slices toast, half a can of baked beans with a handful of grated cheese on top (for protein and calcium) egg custard brûlée
Low cal hot choc

Paul is out on his works Xmas lunch so I don't have to worry about what he's eating and can please myself, providing that I can cook it that is! My in-laws are bound to come round at some point though to try and force-feed me! My MIL is lovely but a few days of her food and I've realised that she never uses any seasoning whatsoever so everything tastes pretty much the same......of nothing! Sorry, that's a bit harsh cos I am very grateful but my appetite needs a bit of perking up!

That said we had a lovely rump steak last night and I really, really enjoyed it and it was doing me good:D

Last edited:
Hi Sandra,
Sorry to hear you weren't well. Glad things are a bit better now :). Did the doc say anything to you about folic acid?
T x

Hi Sandra,
Sorry to hear you weren't well. Glad things are a bit better now :). Did the doc say anything to you about folic acid?
T x

No babes, any info gratefully received!

Food looks great today chick although you need not worry about fat etc your main priority is to get yourself better :) x

I was given some by the doctor as apparently it helps the body to absorb iron ( and other vits ) better- might be worth speaking to them when your next in! Well done on your weigh in. How are you feeling now?
T x

Hi Sandra,
Hope you are feeling a little better today and that Husband of yours starts some serious grovelling. Men eh chick! Definite pains in the ar&e at times and I honestly dont think they realise what they are saying half the time.

Big hugs hun xxx

I'm ok thanks Mary and I agree with you wholeheartedly! No apology, nothing....he went to work yesterday morning and came back at half past seven and not so much as a text. It's like, well, I'm on my feet, breathing so must be fine. The fact that I've managed to wash up, get washing in the machine, shopping sorted and delivered, as well as wash and dress and feed myself without any help has gone straight over his head.

Life goes on as normal.......

Saturday, today's food

B porridge with oat bran, small glass breakfast juice, two coffees
L game pate with a slice of granary bread, diet coke. We were at a local garden centre choosing a Xmas tree so had lunch in their restaurant, was nice to be out and about again!
Snack, vitamin C drink, an apple and two squares of plain choc, purely for medicinal purposes obviously!
D edit....made a pasta dish with poached salmon fillet and prawns, sauce made with an onion, some tomato purée, touch of lemon and low-fat creme fraiche. Had the glass of wine!
Low cal hot choc

I am finding it quite easy not only eating but making sensible choices both in respect of a diet and a health point of view. So far haven't had an attack of the munchies or craved anything particularly unsuitable. Have checked, though, that there is a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc chilling in the fridge! Will have to check that my meds allow it but, in any event, surely a solitary glass of wine isn't going to do me any harm and I quite fancy one......

Last edited:
Have decided that it's time to leave refeed and join the folks on maintenance......I've been eating for about a month now so I can hardly call it refeeding! I'm not deliberately avoiding carbs either so hopefully I've put on any water weight and any damage has already been done:confused:

Au revoir.......

hi im gettin my third weigh in tomorrow i honestly dont feel as if i lost anything.....
anyway im lookin for a bit of advice ,i intend to start eatin this week as i have stuff on,well not me really ,my hubby has an i cant very well say no ,as well as that im goin away for the month of jan.
id like to have a maintenance drink for breakfast a bar for lunch and a salad for dinner i think i could stick to this plan till i come back,i will also b havin a few vodkas,,,,, does any one have any comment to make cos im really startin to worry about it.as soon as i come back im goin back to tfr im beginnin to wish i wasnt goin away at all as i would have no problem stickin with tfr over xmas.....:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet: help help help

Have decided that it's time to leave refeed and join the folks on maintenance......I've been eating for about a month now so I can hardly call it refeeding! I'm not deliberately avoiding carbs either so hopefully I've put on any water weight and any damage has already been done:confused:

Au revoir.......

See you over 'there' :) x

hi im gettin my third weigh in tomorrow i honestly dont feel as if i lost anything.....
anyway im lookin for a bit of advice ,i intend to start eatin this week as i have stuff on,well not me really ,my hubby has an i cant very well say no ,as well as that im goin away for the month of jan.
id like to have a maintenance drink for breakfast a bar for lunch and a salad for dinner i think i could stick to this plan till i come back,i will also b havin a few vodkas,,,,, does any one have any comment to make cos im really startin to worry about it.as soon as i come back im goin back to tfr im beginnin to wish i wasnt goin away at all as i would have no problem stickin with tfr over xmas.....:break_diet::break_diet::break_diet::break_diet: help help help

Only bit of advice I would give is really dont drink alcohol untill you have completed the refeed fully and properly.
If your going to have no problems sticking to tfr over christmas why not stick to it for aslong as you can? No need to put a date on when you have to start a refeed.

Thanks for the reply summergirl
it's more the social end of things that is botherin me
has anybody done this , I mean the two shakes and 1 meal a day ,and what was the outcome
if I could come back and stayed the same weight I would b thrilled

A few people have, be prepared for slower weight loss but if you're going to feel more comfortable doing that then go for it and enjoy yourself :) Just be careful with the alcohol ;) x

Back