Sandra's refeed diary.....

You have a great weekend too chick :) x

Hi Sandra.

Hope you're having fun in France. Can't believe Paul ate your Lindor! :eek: :patback:

xx

Glad your Op went well Hun

See you back on here soon xx

Thx Amanda...

Thought that I had better pick up on this again to keep me on the straight and narrow!

So, today's food

B bran flakes with milk, small cranberry juice, two coffees
L smoked salmon with a mixed salad, Muller light yogurt, 2 clementines
D sea bass and veggies, spinach, mange tout and carrots. ML yogurt and two cups of peppermint tea
Bedtime hot chocolate

Gallons of water, no need to worry about going to the loo thanks to my friend Cath!

Weird not being entirely in control of my eating in that someone else is preparing it!

Tummy problem of yesterday is sorted.......too much of a poo thread even for me!

Just been prescribed iron pills three times a day and plenty of red meat due to serious iron deficiency.....safer apparently than a blood transfusion? I thought they were just routine but it seems that there is a reluctance to do them these days.

Last edited:
Glad you are doing well hun x x

Perhaps the reluctance of doing blood transfusion is due to low supplies of donor blood... It has been on the radio every day here, that people don't go and donate at this time of year but this is the season it is desperately needed.... So maybe they try another method where possible, and leave the supplies they have for when there is no alternative.

Hey hun, glad to have you back on here - how did the op go?
Did you enjoy your weekend before?! ;) lol x

Su, there is also a reluctance cos there are apparently 'things' in blood that can remain undetected even after screening.......wish I'd know about this before and I'd have asked if I could give a couple of pints over the course of a few months and they could've been stored for me....no idea if this is feasible! Butt heres no doubt that a blood transfusion would make me feel 100% better, my sister said it was almost instantaneous.

Anyway, on to today's food

B branflakes, cranberry juice, two coffees
Mid-morning, am sipping pink grapefruit juice (trying to keep things regular!
L salmon and salad again, muller light yogurt, cranberry juice
D Chef said that bearing in mind my low blood count he had got some rib-
eye steak, so I'm having that with some more salad rather than veggies. I like it bloody, I wonder if that will help? Another yogurt and more cranberry juice.
Snack 2nectarines
Hot choc before bedtime

Have got a bag of clementines and a pack of nectarines to nibble on so shouldn't go hungry. I'm making a conscious effort to make sensible choices cos I have got to get over this asap......

If anyone reading this has any comments or ideas that may help then please feel free to advise! I do still intend to lose at least another 10lbs but I don't think that LT is an option unless maybe just for breakfast or the odd lunch. I think that I need 100% sensible good nutrition.....

Last edited:
Sandra, try the new pro points weight watchers plan. I love it! and i wasnt too keen on having to count everything at first but it really is great. I lost 2.5lbs the first week and 1.5 the second. My meals are amazing. Don't ever feel hungry and all veg & fruit (besides a couple - off the top of my head sweetcorn, garden peas & parsnips) are 0points so we can eat as much of them as we like! :) x

Tanya, the paperwork came down the day before I came in here so I'm going to read it as soon as I escape, hopefully tomorrow, read it thoroughly and then send Paul shopping. Counting won't be a problem as I have bugger all else to do!

Doctor's orders are lots of red meat which isn't a problem as I love it but I don't think that it would be too healthy long term.....he recommended liver which I can't stomach but I'm going to try and find some recipes that can maybe disguise the taste and texture! Paul doesn't like it either so it will be a challenge to get us both eating it!

I'm trying not to worry if I've put on a couple of lbs in here, cos I did have toast and sandwiches the first couple of days just cos I had to eat but didn't feel like it. Now I'm making some conscious choices.

Well done on the losses Tanya, are you finding that the diet is giving you loads of energy too?

Last edited:
Today's food.....

B bran flakes with milk, cranberry juice, two coffees
L smoked salmon and salad. It came with 6 pasta twirls and coleslaw which I left on the plate! Muller light yogurt
D have ordered a chicken breast which comes in a white wine sauce, veggies but have declined potatoes again

Have still got some nectarines left which I will finish to save taking them home.

Just had the liver conversation with my consultant again as I have to have another blood test in the morning before I leave and keep taking the iron pills and be careful with my diet.

Being thin is going to be a big thing in my recovery and on-going so I have agreed with my consultant that I am going to get down to 10 stone after all! I see him in mid-January and I want to be half way there by then, LT is simply not an option cos of my anaemia......what a pain in the arse? But no longer in the h:D

Hi Sandra,
Never "spoken to you" before but have been following your progress. Just to let you know that I am severely anemic to the point that I have transfusions and infusions but I was able to do Lipotrim. During Lipotrim I actually felt better than I felt in years because I was getting the correct amount of everything. So this is still an option if you want it to be! I hope your back up on your feet soon :)
Take care
T x

That's as maybe but TBH LT has served it's purpose and I can quite easily get rid of the last few lbs with ww or similar and get my life back! Whilst it may be physically possible to obtain sufficient nourishment from LT in my situation I wouldn't even begin to consider it as my head is just nowhere near strong enough! Added to which I think my OH would probably have me certified as would my consultant! So whilst I'm grateful for the advice I'll pass if it's all the same with you! Personally I seriously doubt that 450 calories a day is going to be anything like sufficient to help in my recovery but I have no medical qualifications of any description so, hey, let's not argue over it!

What I won't pass on, however, is the willingness and support of you and everyone on here to advise and encourage!

Thanks guys, as ever x

Hey Sandra,
I wasn't saying you had to do it! I was just saying it was still an option if you wanted it! Sorry if it seemed that way!
Think your definitely right about the calories though. You need every bit you can to make sure your back on your feet asap!
Good luck
T x

Thanks sweetheart, don't worry I didn't think that you were actually recommending that I do it, that would be barking mad I reckon! Trouble is you have to admit that the previous success does make it awfully tempting and I probably will use the odd sachet in the coming weeks.........but no, it's a sensible, protein-loaded diet for me for the next six weeks or so! X

Today's food.....had breakfast in hospital but am now home at the mercy of my 'babysitters'....

B bran flakes and milk, a coffee
L two slices of toast and a banana.... Wanted soup but OH forgot to take it out of the freezer and was desperate to get back to work. Settled for toast so as to avoid an argument cos he's bloody useless in the kitchen!
D my in-laws are looking after me and she has made a fish pie which I am going to very gratefully eat! No idea as to accompaniments or if we are having a pudding? Will refuse it if I can and know that my FIL will happily gobble up my portion! Edit, fish pie was lovely, no veg. Creme caramel and strawberries for pud but passed as I was already full and had left some pie so how could I eat pud?!
Probaby a low-cal hot choc before bed

Eating is going to be a bit difficult for a while as OH is pretty hopeless in both the shopping and cooking department! Have tried to send him off to M&S asking him to exercise a bit of common sense but may as well have spoken to the wall. Thank god he has other skills even if they aren't required at present!

Last edited:

pmsl...lucky you ;)

Mmmm after I got home I said quite innocently that I would need a cuddle tonight but wasn't sure how we were going to manage it.....meaning cos I can't lay on either side....he interpreted that to mean that I wanted to have sex and looked horrified! We had a good laugh about it when he cottoned on. Honestly, men!:D

Mmmm after I got home I said quite innocently that I would need a cuddle tonight but wasn't sure how we were going to manage it.....meaning cos I can't lay on either side....he interpreted that to mean that I wanted to have sex and looked horrified! We had a good laugh about it when he cottoned on. Honestly, men!:D

:rotflmao: !!!!!!!

It gets worse Tanya, was laughing about it with my MIL and she said that FIL is exactly the same ......she is 78 and he is 81! all four of us were laughing about it over supper. Good for them I say but I'm not sure if I really needed to know but Paul thinks it's hilarious!

Back