Santas little...Slimmers!

oh dear ladies doesn't sound like any of us are having a great week so far! bad weather doesn't help I know it sounds like a silly excuse and I don't know about anyone else but normally bad weather for me= comfort food like casserole etc haha ive tried to have a good week this week as I really want my 3lb loss but so far scales are saying aroun 1 1/2 n I get weighed in the morning *sigh* oh well a loss is a loss, just means another week away from hitting that first stone off! I know there must be some change to my body as I can fit into some skinny jeans that I couldn't button up a few weeks ago lol and I bought a size 14 jumper yesterday that fits ive always been a 12 on my bottoms but that's coz I wear them on my hips- my mini goals reflect my top/dress size. stay strong everyone! x

Hello

im starting cd on Thursday... Very nervous, don't know what to expect? Can I join in on the Santa slimmers team, think it would be good to have friends to chat to who are going through same thing, as none of my family are supportive about it and sometimes you need more than me, myself and I!
jolene x

Jolene these forums are a life saver and I personally find it really helps to talk to people who are doing the diet too. It's a shame your family and friends aren't supportive but we are all behind you and when you have lost your weight imagine how you feel when they see you confident and happy and in control

The diet is hard but the results are very quick and you will feel fantastic once you start to see those pounds and inches disappearing - the first 4 days are the worst though so my advice is have a goal - a dress you want to wear to a party something like that, keep busy and drink your water everyday - I'm on day 3 (2nd time on the diet after losing 2st) and hanging on in there !!

Hi Jolene! your more than welcome to join :) I know how you feel regards people not being supportive, a lot of people as mis-informed and think its faddy and dangerous and that you should take the slow and steady approach with healthy eating but I know all too well personally id never be able to do that I need results- and quick! once I feel happier in my body of course ill be happy to stick to healthier diet etc and exercise but its hard to stick to that thinking it could take years possible to loose your target weight. this is my second time on Cambridge and lukily my immediate family are being quite supportive this time- well most of them. My friend lost 9 stone on this diet! last Halloween we went out in fancy dress she was a size 26 before the diet and she was buying costumes size 8 and they were too big! :O I was jelous! of course everyone who bullied her for her weight or doubted the diet soon wanted to know all about Cambridge and were saying how great it is hmm! I imagine it will be the same for many of us! xx

Do you have space on your team for me :) I am doing SS+ and on day three, returning after 4 years :eek: lost four stone in 18 weeks last time.

We will get there ladies :) and look knock out at Christmas

.......if only my stomach would stop growling !!
lex

hi tracey welcome to the group :) theres no limit on members in this one ive made it so we don't compete we just support each other as we would only be allowed 6 members if not and none of us were really fussed about sending in percentage scores on weight loss etc just wanted somewhere to chat and moan lol! good luck on your journey.

SO...I have to share this I wanted to have a bath last night but in my house there is just me and my 2 year old son, Ollie, well if he sees im running a bath hes straight in or likes to harass me whilst im in haha so I didn't end up having one as he had a late night and decided to have one this morning. at 3am I woke up and could not get back to sleep so I thought right im having that bath! lol I have them quite hot (another reason I don't like Ollie in!) and was in around 45 minutes as I was exfoliating/shaving/hair washing etc the works lol before I got in I weighed myself (no clothes on) and I weighed myself straight after getting out just out of interest I wondered if it would effect my weigh in this morning by soaking up water in my skin etc to my amazement I was 2lb less :-/ how the heck when im stood there with wet hair and skin straight out a bath :S so I googled it and apparently that's right hot baths and showers aid weight loss in fact some people make sure they religiously have one a night for that reason and with Epsom salt as that helps to remove toxins. aparantly the hot water helps the fat to 'seep' out your tissue...sounds groce. anyway some of you may already know of this but I was truly shocked! only annoying this is I went back to bed after my bath got back up around half an hour ago weighed myself and one of those lb's has gone back on :( bugger lol must have hot bath right before weigh in haha crazy x

I have never heard of that before. I'll be having a hot bath before my weigh in on Monday then lol!! x

ahhh man I lost 2lb! but gutted really wanted 3lb loss to get to that stone! never mind 2lb is still good steady progress and I know I will of hit that stone loss next week! and be in the 12's yay! first mini goal ticked off im sure. how is everyone else getting on? x

Well done Lauren :) 2lb is steady and next week I'm sure you'll smash the stone barrier.

Im still struggling with hunger and really hoping it dissipates soon because its making me feel a wee bit low tbh. I don't remember it feeling quite this bad last time but I suppose it was. I am going to look for the perfect pair of boots tonight to keep me occupied

xx

thanks :) that sounds like a good way to distract yourself from the hunger lol I love my ugg boots but there just not suitable for rainy weather :( so I treated myself to some leather boots this week too x

Uggs are fab when it's cold and dry aren't they, but not practical - I love mine but I need a new pair of knee highs so I'm on the hunt.

Xx

when is your first weigh in flare? shouldn't be too far away now surely? x

Monday Lauren. Had a sneak on the scales this morning and they are showing a 3lb loss. Would like and 1 or 2 more but still got 3 three days to go. Out with friends tomorrow night so that's going to be hard xx

hope you had a good night flare and was able to stay focused on the diet, weigh in tomorrow so wishing you lots of luck for the result you want! :)

how is everyone else? been very quiet on the group this week! x

thought i would join in this myself, i have just started ss this week and my 12th week ends on 27th december so my aim is to lose 4 stone in 12 weeks! I have 11 stone to lose so i would think that would be easily (ha!) done. Really looking forward to my first weigh in on friday, hoping for at least 7, but ideally 10 off is what im hoping for!

Lauren I did stray a little and drink gin and tonic but I ate sensibly and to work it off today we've done a 6.2 mile walk burning off over 800 calories and I've done a load of gardening. The scales weren't kind to me this morning but if I can get anything off it'll be a bonus x

I haven't been posting as I have week off work and off diet, but back on it tomorrow, I'll see what the damage is on the scales tomorrow morning

4lb loss :D really pleased with that especially after straying a little on Saturday

i am determined to get to half a stone off by next weigh in

I hope you have a good week ladies x

absolutely fab flare, 4lb lovely start as you say especially with the little stray. ive been baaad this week so far :/ not really been on diet at all and my weigh in is Thursday trying to be good today, tomoz n Wednesday hoping to slightly retrieve myself for a 1lb loss atleast aslong as its not a gain or stay the same eek. so slack with water! usually im constantly drinking the stuff! naughty me :( think the diet gets so repetitive and boring though but im determined to not just give up ive lost almost a stone already another 2 and a half to go I CAN do this. back on it 100% next week whether I like it or not!!!

welcome shrinkingalice! we are all behind you and your weight loss and target or 4stone first, great to have something to aim for 'minigoals' as they call them. your going to feel fab this is the start of the rest of your life, good luck on your weight loss journey. feel free to come on her whether its for advice, to moan, to celebrate a loss or to talk about something totally not to do with the diet! whatever Is on your mind. x

Back