SaraC's all new Post-pregnancy Green Day diary!

Sara would it save you half a syn if i pointed out you have counted the nandos sauce twice?

Thanks Holly, well spotted!! ;)

I've had an ok food day today, I forgot to each lunch though so it was something quick as I was all out of inspiration and my baby has been quite unsettled today so I didn't want to have to cook something which would take a while.

I made an amazing pasta bake tonight, I pre-cooked the pasta, Frylighted some red onions and mushrooms and then added some balsamic vinegar onto them, melted 6 LCL triangles in, a carton of passata, some chilli flakes, some mixed herbs and some spicy perfect shake powder and some Mozzarella on top, It was absolutely gorgeous! Luckily I made a huge dish full so Hubby and I had some tonight and we can both have the rest tomorrow for lunch.

I got some body magic in today too as I had to walk to pick my daughter up from nursery, it's about half a mile each way, she walked all the way back with me too which I was really proud of her for as she's not long turned 3!

Green Day - Wednesday 18th January 2012

Breakfast - 2 Pieces WW Bread (HEB) with 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB) and a banana

Tea - Pasta Bake (Onions, Mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, passata, pasta, 6 LCL triangles (between 2 of us = 1/2 HEA), 42g mozzarella (HEA), with a Quorn Garlic and Herb Fillet (4 syns)

Snack: Chocolate biscuit (6 syns)

Drinks - NAS Squash, Tea (3 syns for 125ml SS milk)

Healthy Extras - A -5 Laughing Cow Light Triangles, 42g Mozzarella

B - 2 pieces WW thick bread, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns - Quorn Garlic and Herb Fillet (4 syns)
Chocolate biscuit (6 syns)
125ml SS milk (3 syns)

Total syns - 13 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 57.5/105

Well tonight is takeaway night!! We exchanged contracts on our house sale and purchase today so we have decided to have a chinese to celebrate! I am going for the best SW option of Salt & Pepper King Prawns for starter (6 syns for oil) and then Tofu, Green Pepper in Blackbean sauce with boiled rice to celebrate. We have a really good chinese takeaway near us which do delivery which is a bonus!

Extra Easy Day - Thursday 19th January 2012

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB) and a banana

Lunch: Leftover pasta bake and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Tea - Chinese - Salt & Pepper King Prawns - King Prawns, (6 syns for oil). Tofu, Green pepper & Black Bean sauce (5 syns) and boiled rice

Drinks - NAS Squash, Skinny Dolce Gusto Cappuccino (2.5 syns), Diet Coke

Healthy Extras - A -2 Babybel

B - 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns - Oil - 6 syns
Tofu, Green pepper & Black Bean sauce (5 syns)
Skinny Dolce Gusto Cappuccino (2.5 syns)

Total syns - 13.5 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 44/105

Last edited:
Hi Sara,

Glad I found your diary as I've been doing quite a few green days & could do with some fresh ideas :D

Hi Sara,

Glad I found your diary as I've been doing quite a few green days & could do with some fresh ideas :D

Hello H,

Hope you are doing well :D:D xx

Friday wasn't a good eating day, I didn't have time to eat breakfast (I made it but the baby was unsettled so I didn't eat it!) I had 2 day leftover pasta bake for my lunch as there was nothing else in but then had a lovely homemade Quorn chilli for tea which Hubby made!

Green Day - Friday 20th January 2012

Breakfast - None :eek:

Lunch: Leftover pasta bake and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Tea - Quorn Chilli (Quorn Mince, onions, mushrooms, refried beans, passata, tinned tomatoes, chilli powder) cooked in 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (HEB) served with boiled rice and 2 pieces Reduced fat garlic bread slices (8 syns)

Snack: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), banana

Drinks - NAS Squash, 3 cups of tea (HEA for 250ml SS milk), 2 and a half glasses of wine (15 syns)

Healthy Extras - A -250ml SS milk

B - 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns - 2 pieces Reduced fat garlic bread slices (8 syns)
2 and a half glasses of wine (15 syns)

Total syns - 23 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 21/105

Another no breakfast day, I got up early with the kiddies and ended up making my little girl's breakfast and feeding the baby, doing a lot of housework and then it was lunchtime! I only ended up having a cup of tea and some diet coke. Must try harder as breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day. We went out with my Dad for what would have been my Stepmum's birthday, we went to a Hungry Horse pub but it wasn't very SW friendly so I ended up having a Jacket Potato (no butter) with beans, a side portion of flat mushrooms and a corn on the cob. I was really proud of myself :D

I have started taking some multivitamins as I feel as if I need the extra boost, especially with getting up through the night to do the night feeds!

Extra Easy Day - Saturday 21st January 2012

Breakfast - None :eek:

Lunch: Leftover Quorn Chilli & 1 reduced fat garlic slice (4 syns)

Tea - Jacket potato with Beans, Flat mushrooms, corn on the cob

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB)

Drinks - NAS Squash, 3 cups of tea (HEA for 250ml SS milk), Diet Coke

Healthy Extras - A -250ml SS milk

B - 2 Alpen Light Bars

Syns - 1 piece Reduced fat garlic bread (4 syns)

Total syns - 4 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 17/105

Woo hoo, I had breakfast this morning!!!! Go me!

We're off to Ikea and B&Q to get some things for the house, we're then going to my Dad's for a roast dinner so I hope it's SW friendly!

Green Day - Sunday 22nd January 2012

Breakfast - 42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran (HEB) with Fat Free Vanilla Onken yoghurt and a banana

Lunch: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB), 2 Babybel (HEA)

Tea - Quorn fillets, Frylighted Roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, 2 tsp Bisto (2 syns)

Snacks - 3 Celebrations chocolates (6 syns)

Drinks - NAS Squash, Diet Coke, coffee (HEA for milk)

Healthy Extras - A - 2 Babybel, 250ml SS milk

B - 2 Alpen Light Bars, 42g Weetabix crunchy bran

Syns - 2 tsp Bisto Gravy (2 syns)
3 Celebrations chocolates (6 syns)
Total syns - 8 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 9/105

Last edited:
I weighed in this morning and lost 2.25lb which is a loss of just under 5lb in 2 weeks, I'm so happy! :D:D:D:D

Ok so I am going to move my HEA's around as I had 2 LCL Triangles and a drop of milk in my one cup of tea for the day, usually my milk allowance (125ml 1/2 HEA) will last me 3 cups of tea so I am going to syn the LCL and the milk and use my 2nd HEA for 42g Low Low which I used on my pitta pizza

Green Day - Monday 23rd January 2012

Breakfast - 2 slices WW thick bread (HEB) with 2 LCL Triangles (2 syns) and Vegemite

Lunch: Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Rice (3.5 syns) 2 Quorn Fillets, 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns) and 2 Babybel (HEA)

Tea - Pitta pizza (HEB for Asda Pitta, 1 tbsp Tomato Puree (0.5 syn), onions, peppers, mushrooms, 42g Low Low Cheese (HEA), SW wedges and 1 tbsp Nando's Garlic Sauce (0.5 syn)

Snacks - 2 Celebrations chocolates (4 syns), Banana

Drinks - NAS Squash, 7up Free, Tea (0.5 syn for milk)

Healthy Extras - A - 2 Babybel, 42g Low Low Cheese

B - 2 slices WW thick bread, Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread

Syns - Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Rice (3.5 syns)
2 Celebrations chocolates (4 syns)
1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)
2 LCL Triangles (2 syns)
Milk in tea (0.5 syn)
1 tbsp Tomato Puree (0.5 syn),
1 tbsp Nando's Garlic Sauce (0.5 syn)
Total syns - 12.5 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 92.5/105

Last edited:
Thanks Holly :D xx

I didn't do too well with breakfast this morning, my little man & I had our 6-8 week check at the GP this morning so I had to get all 3 of us washed, dressed, the children fed and out of the house by 10am! I managed it but my breakfast paid the price so I just took along 2 Alpen Lights Bars and a banana and that had to do!

I'm in mourning for my Nando's Garlic Sauce :cry: Hubby opened the fridge earlier and it "jumped" out at him and smashed into smithereens on our slate tile floor :(:( I loved that sauce haha!!
I'll have to wait until we're in the new house to order some more ;)

Green Day - Tuesday 24th January 2012

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB) and a Banana

Lunch: Batchelors Macaroni Cheese Pasta n Sauce (2 syns) with 2 Quorn Fillets and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Tea - Mushy Pea Curry & Rice (Mushy peas, mushrooms, onions, tinned tomatoes, Quorn Pieces, Coriander, curry powder, handful of cheese (HEA)) with Asda wholemeal pitta (HEB)

Snacks - 4 Celebrations chocolates (8 syns)

Drinks - NAS Squash, Diet Coke, 3 cups of Tea (HEA for milk)

Healthy Extras - A - 42g Low Low Cheese, 125ml SS milk

B - 2 Alpen Light Bars, Asda Wholemeal Pitta Bread

Syns - Batchelors Macaroni Cheese Pasta n Sauce (2 syns)
4 Celebrations chocolates (8 syns)
1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Total syns - 11.5 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 81/105

Well I am back after moving house and having no internet for almost a week! I WI this morning and lost another lb which means that I have lost half a stone in 4 weeks, which considering when we moved we had takeaway 3 nights on the run, isn't bad at all!

Back on plan today, I currently have some Quorn Sausages in the oven ready to go into the slow cooker to make a sausage and bean casserole for tea tonight!

Green Day - Monday 6th February 2012

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs on 1 slice Allisons Wholemeal Bread (HEB), 1 LCL Triangle (1/2 HEA), 42g Low Low Cheese (HEA) and 1/2 tbsp Salad Cream (1 syn)

Tea - Quorn Sausage and Bean Casserole with mashed potatoes (Quorn sausages (4 syns), Cannellini Beans, tinned tomatoes, Onion, 1tbsp Tomato Puree (0.5 syn) Scwartz Sausage & Bean Casserole mix (3 syns), mashed potato

Snacks -

Drinks - Tea (HEA for milk), NAS squash

Healthy Extras - A - 125ml SS milk/1 LCL Triangle, 42g LowLow Cheese

B - 1 slice Allisons Wholemeal Bread

Syns - 1/2 tbsp Salad Cream (1 syn)
Quorn sausages (4 syns)
1tbsp Tomato Puree (0.5 syn)
Scwartz Sausage & Bean Casserole mix (3 syns)

Total syns - 8.5 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 96.5/105

Last edited:
Yesterday was a good food day, I ate breakfast, lunch and tea and ate well too!

Green Day - Tuesday 7th February 2012

Breakfast - 42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran (HEB) with Onken Vanilla fat free yoghurt

Lunch: 3 Egg Omelette with mushrooms, peppers and 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)

Tea - Spaghetti and Quorn meatball chow mein type dish (Peppers, tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Quorn Swedish Style Balls, and spaghetti) with 42g Low Low Cheese on top (HEA)

Snacks - 12 Mini Eggs (10 syns)

Drinks - 7Up Free, NAS squash

Healthy Extras - A - 42g LowLow Cheese * 2

B - 42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran

Syns - 12 Mini Eggs (10 syns)

Total syns - 10 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 86.5/105

Green Day - Wednesday 8th February 2012

Breakfast - 2 Pieces Wholemeal Bread (HEB), 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and vegemite

Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti and Quorn meatball chow mein type dish (Peppers, tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Quorn Swedish Style Balls, and spaghetti) with 42g Low Low Cheese on top (HEA)

Tea - tbc

Snacks - 2 Quality Street Chocolates (5 syns)

Drinks - Tea (1/2 HEA for milk), NAS Squash

Healthy Extras - A - 125ml SS milk/2 LCL Triangles, 42g Low Low Cheese

B - 2 slices of Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Syns - 2 Quality Street Chocolates (5 syns)

Total syns - 5 syns

Remaining weekly syns - 81.5/105

Hi Sara,

I'm just browsing some diaries and have come across yours - another greenie!! There aren't enough of us about at the moment and I've enjoyed reading what you're up to and what you've been eating.

It sounds as though you're doing so well now you're back on it - you've been having some great losses. Just a little thing, but I think the Crunchy Bran is now 35g for a hexb following the changes to hex's a few weeks ago. On the plus side, the lower fat cheese allowance is now 45g. (You could pretend I didn't tell you that though as it worked perfectly well before they added a couple of grams here and there ;)).

Anyway, if you don't mind I'll pop in every so often and see how things are going and to pinch some of your ideas. Your menu's appeal to me so maybe we have some similar tastes. Good luck with your continued losses, talk soon x

I made an amazing pasta bake tonight, I pre-cooked the pasta, Frylighted some red onions and mushrooms and then added some balsamic vinegar onto them, melted 6 LCL triangles in, a carton of passata, some chilli flakes, some mixed herbs and some spicy perfect shake powder and some Mozzarella on top, It was absolutely gorgeous! Luckily I made a huge dish full so Hubby and I had some tonight and we can both have the rest tomorrow for lunch.
Hi Sara, I'm back after a long long break, Mum has successfully beaten ovarian cancer but my weight has hit a horrendous 18 stone (all that comfort eating and takeaways), anyway I am back and rejoined

Congrats on baby, condolences on losing your stepmum, I can't believe what a manic 4 months of 2012 you have had, hope you are managing to slow down a bit now you are in your new house

PS nicking your pasta bake recipe is that's ok, sounds yummy!

Lots of love, donna x

Back