Sarah (westiegirl)

Starlight

Gold Member
I know this is going to come as a dreadful shock to many people, and this is without question, the hardest post Ive ever made on Minimiins. I rec'd an email from a friend of Sarahs, and Im afraid the news is pretty much as bad as it could be. Im going to just copy it in its entirety

I am not sure whether any of you may have heard through the grapevine that Sarah (aged 39) has been quite unwell recently spending a lot of time in and out of hospital.
Sarah went in for an operation on her gall bladder approx 4 weeks ago, the operation was stopped, after further tests Sarah was diagnosed with cancer of the gall bladder and secondary cancer in her liver, this type of cancer is incurable and with chemo it was hoped that Sarah would live for about 12 months, Sue Shaw arranged to visit Sarah this weekend before she was due to start chemotherapy, because Sarah was very jaundiced this needed to be controlled before the chemo started. Last Wednesday Sarah was informed that the cancer had spread much more rapidly than was anticipated and that chemo was no longer an option, Sarah was transferred to St Davids Hospice on Friday so that they could control her pain. Sarah has deteriorated very quickly over the weekend and although Sue Shaw went down to Llandudno to support Sarah and her family Sarah has refused to see anyone other than her mum and dad and her brother Neil, she is very sleepy and confused and the staff at St Davids expect that she will die any day now.
Although it has been many years since some of you have seen Sarah we all have shared memories and history together. I wanted to inform you all and ask that you pass the message on to anyone else you may be in contact with who knew Sarah that I haven't managed to track down via facebook'.

I would pass your thoughts on quick if I was you Sandy. I've suggested to a family friend to let her parents see Sarah's facebook when the time is right to show how well thought of Sarah is and how she's going to be missed.

You take care and please let anyone else you may think should know know. Please forward this email.

Youre no doubt like me, in total shock at this news. Her friend has promised to contact me when theres more news and Ill keep everyone updated

Thanks for posting this Sandy.... it's tragic..devastating... the sweetest, loveliest girl deserved a better hand than this..... the drugs will be confusing her.... and in a way that's a blessing..... let's pray for an easy journey into the next life.... and a better hand in the next one...... God Bless you Sarah.....xxxxx

I dont even know what to say.. Sarah.. i love you so much.. from the very first time we met in newcastle all those years ago.. I admired you dancing your socks off, without the need for alcohol!!! I just want you to know how amazing you are.. and how amazing it is to be able to call you my friend..
Love you so so so much.. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cannot believe this news, what a shock its too awful for words, thinking of you and your family westie xx

Oh my god. I've come here hoping for a positive update and to try and fit in a visit to her when I go visit my brother in North Wales this weekend. There aren't words.

I'm just devastated. Sarah you've helped me so much through bad times and good. I have fab memories of giggling throughout the meets utterly convincing you that having curls is in no way a good thing and debating how crap welsh accents actually are. Will never forget those smiles or that contagious laugh. Love you alays sweetheart xx

This is just heart breaking news and so hard to take in...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Sarah, your are one special lady God Bless you:hug99:

Thank you Sandy for letting us know.

This is such sad news. There are no words to make up for what is such a tragic loss for her friends and family.

This is such sad news - I don't know what to say. She will be greatly missed on here, she gave so much to so many. xxx

I'm too choked to even post anything - I wasn't expecting this at all
Sarah & I shared many an email on here - mostly about men lol
I've never met her IRL but know that those that have love her.
Tragic news, thank you Sandy for posting & my thoughts are with her family at this very sad time.
Sleep tight Sarah xx

Am also sitting here with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. We only met the once, Sarah - but that brief time (on your beloved pier) told me what I already suspected.....what a beautiful person you are. Dan has just said exactly the same!

Our chats about the football will always remain with me - and I will sing YNWA with extra verve from now on. Just remember that...you will never walk alone!

xxxxx

Such tragic news my thoughts are with her family and friends - of which she has many
H xx

What sad news. I never met Sarah, and we werent even great mini friends, but i was always drawn to reading her diary and making the odd comment as she seems such a lovely sweet lady.
Sending thoughts that you are sleeping and without pain.
x

am shocked and stunned to hear this news...heartbreaking doesn't come close.

Sarah, you're in my thoughts - god bless you sweetheart.

xxx

Thanks for posting Sandy.

What devastating news.

My thoughts are with Sarah, her family & friends. x x x

Thank you Sandy for the update. What sad, sad news I too will miss her dreadfully.

My thoughts are with her and her family x x

Back