Sarah (westiegirl)

Thanks Jennie, that's a lovely gesture. I'm one of many who would dearly love to say my goodbyes to Sarah in person but sadly won't be able to get to Colwyn Bay next Thursday.

I will be wearing pink for her though and also love the idea of posting pink avatars. I wonder - might it be possible to change the Minimins border colour from blue to pink in her honour just for that day?

I thought about the border colour thing as well last night in bed Sharon. Maybe we could ask Pierce if it was possible just for the day? :) xx

Thanks Jennie, that's a lovely gesture. I'm one of many who would dearly love to say my goodbyes to Sarah in person but sadly won't be able to get to Colwyn Bay next Thursday.

I will be wearing pink for her though and also love the idea of posting pink avatars. I wonder - might it be possible to change the Minimins border colour from blue to pink in her honour just for that day?

We could all write any messages in pink for the day?

So shocked and saddened to hear this unexpected news.

Blessings to Sarah and her family and friends. May they all be granted strength, comfort and peace.

xx

I'm sorry this is probably going to come out all wrong, because I'm hopeless at times like this, I never say the right thing.

It's been a real heart wrenching time finding out about Sarah, I think it's made a lot of people stop and think about their own mortality. It's also made me realise just how people can touch your heart without you even knowing them in person. I never posted on Sarah's diary, but I followed it religiously because her strength and determination made me feel stronger and more determined. I'm going to miss all her updates. It's made me realise too what a strong community we have here on Minimins, that's something I'm sure Sarah would be proud of!!

My thoughts are with her family and her friends at this really difficult time. I'll definitely be wearing pink on Thursday!! Rest in peace Sarah. xxx

Life is truly cruel sometimes and I was deeply shocked and saddened to read about Sarah. She was so kind in her comments and obviously had many many friends on the board and in life.

I think the idea of a pink board and pink wearing is wonderful and if she were here to see it and read all your messages she would be truly touched.

RIP Sarah - thoughts and love to your loved ones and friends world-wide.

I will be wearing pink underwear (actually have no pink clothes, I'm shocked) and drinking some pink xx

Drinking some pink sounds like a brilliant idea.;)

I'll be wearing pink - wonderful and vibrant just like our Sarah was.

I hope to be attending next Thursday ... if anyone else is and needs a lift on the way PM me and maybe we can sort something out.

RIP Westiegirl xxxxx

Reactions: Jim
I can't go either I'm afraid. I'll be thinking of Sarah and all of you on Thursday Beverley.

Jim it's going to be a sad day on Thursday .... but knowing how much love and respect she has from so many people will hopefully help her family. I'm sure Llandudno, as well as so many other places will be "pink"!

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Sarah, but from her diary and her friends comments she sounds like a truly wonderful lady, a true gem who will be missed very much.

Sleep tight lovely lady. RIP xx

I'm sorry this is probably going to come out all wrong, because I'm hopeless at times like this, I never say the right thing.

It's been a real heart wrenching time finding out about Sarah, I think it's made a lot of people stop and think about their own mortality. It's also made me realise just how people can touch your heart without you even knowing them in person. I never posted on Sarah's diary, but I followed it religiously because her strength and determination made me feel stronger and more determined. I'm going to miss all her updates. It's made me realise too what a strong community we have here on Minimins, that's something I'm sure Sarah would be proud of!!

My thoughts are with her family and her friends at this really difficult time. I'll definitely be wearing pink on Thursday!! Rest in peace Sarah. xxx

That was really beautiful Surfhunny, brought a tear to my eye.

On Thursday I shall dance around my room in my pink pj's in Sarah's honour.

Is it me or do the really nice people get taken from us too soon? I say this from experience of losing my beloved hubby to cancer 4yrs so quickly after being diagonised like Sarah, All I can say to the family is to stay strong, and take each day at a time and with time comes healing and the comfort in knowing that they were and still are loved by the many they touched. I believe they just cross over to a better place but are forever in our lives watching, protecting and loving us every day. May you rest in peace sweet sarah. xxx

As a newbie here, to my very great regret I didn't know Sarah. She clearly was an incredibly special and much loved friend and inspiration to so many. God bless.

I just wanted to add my absolute heartfelt love and best wishes to everyone - friends, family. I've read through so many messages this morning and cried for such a huge loss to so many - her spirit and your love simply shines through and has touched me deeply.

Words are totally inadequate for times like this and I'm sorry I can't find better ones - thinking of you all.

RIP Sarah xx

Today a little butterfly flew by me.
I thought to myself where have you been little butterfly.
You come into this world as a cocoon all by yourself and blossom into
this beautiful butterfly and fly off to see the world.
What you don’t realize little butterfly as you flutter through your days
is how you touch those around you in your soft gentle way.
You don’t even realize the wonder and awe you create around you.
she fluttered her wings toward me as if she was waving good-by as she
headed towards the horizon.
She looked very happy and content as she went on her way, as if to say
to me “Don’t worry I’ll be okay”.
I was sad to see her go for she had touched my heart in such a way that
I knew my life would never be the same.
She had left an imprint of all the beauty life has to offer.
I knew each time I looked at another butterfly or horizon I would
remember our moment in time when it was only her and I.
I knew I would be a better person all because this little butterfly flew by
me one bright sunny day.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didnt write these words, but I mean them xxxxxxx

Back