Extra Easy Days Sarah83's 2016 Food Diary

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi,
I'm starting afresh for 2016 heavier than I think I've ever been. I have edged into size 20's and I'm running out of clothes that fit.
I decided to start on Slimming World afresh for the start of January 2016, with online membership to kick me off, with the hope particularly in being a bit slimmer by the summer. I really want to be able to fit into size 14 clothes, I'm not sure what that means in weight but I'm guessing I need to lose about 4.5 stones.
I was over the moon when I found out minimins was back up and running - I found it an amazing support when I lost weight a few years ago before I was pregnant with my now 4 year old daughter, and posting my food diary everyday really helped.
So here I go again, hopefully for real this time as I've re-started a countless number of times in the last 4 years and I want this to be it now!
Please feel free to comment on my diary, and I will take a look at the other diaries on here for motivation!

Happy slimming xx

Monday 4th January
Picked a tricky day to start really - trying to work at home with a chickenpox infested daughter. I've had a Tesco delivery though and written my meal plan for the week so no excuses really. Going to do a bit of batch cooking tonight - I've defrosted a huge pack of extra lean turkey mince and I'm going to make Bolognese and chilli out of it.

Here's my food on day 1:

Breakfast: Eggy bread (with 2 small slices WM bread - HEXB), and beans. No superfree naughty naughty but I just didn't fancy anything else with it.
Lunch: Egg wrap filled with quorn fillets, celery, onion and pepper, and BBQ sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: Turkey chilli, broccoli, rice, reduced fat cheddar (HEXA)
Snacks: 2 coffees with semi-skimmed (2 syns), choc cake!! Damn xmas leftovers... (approx. 11 syns?), 2 coffees with skimmed milk (1 syn)
Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Thank you, good luck to you too!
I definitely feel more determined than I have in recent attempts, probably because I weigh more than ever!

good luck :)
Thank you :)
Today has gone ok but we still have a ton of post Xmas treats in the house and the homemade choc cake which we brought back from visiting family proved too much to resist...
On the plus side it's my first alcohol-free day in weeks so that's got to be a good thing!
Had a successful batch cook tonight - out of 1 large pack of extra lean turkey mince I made 7 portions of bolognese and 5 portions of chilli, pleased about that :)

Hi sarah83, here to subscribe! All the best your your weight loss journey...i'm planning to make 2016 the year i finally slim down to my "happy weight"...here's to you getting to your "happy weight" soon! ;)

Right - day 2!
And I'm working from home again with a very very spotty little girl thanks to chicken pox - I can't believe how many spots she's got and they're everywhere! They're starting to bother her now too poor thing.
Got another good food day planned, and I'm getting the slow cooker out for tea...

Tuesday 5th January

Breakfast: Eggy bread and beans (HEXB)

Lunch: Jacket potato with vegetable chilli with 3 laughing cow light blue cheese triangles (half HEXA) and extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Slow cooked turkey parisienne (2.5 syns), broccoli, green beans and rice.

Snacks etc: Skimmed milk in coffees (half HEXA), 3 x Xmas chocs (10.5 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

Good luck everyone on another fab day!xx

Last edited:
Here to subscribe x

Thank you :)
Today has gone ok but we still have a ton of post Xmas treats in the house and the homemade choc cake which we brought back from visiting family proved too much to resist...
On the plus side it's my first alcohol-free day in weeks so that's got to be a good thing!
Had a successful batch cook tonight - out of 1 large pack of extra lean turkey mince I made 7 portions of bolognese and 5 portions of chilli, pleased about that :)
thats fab :)
i said this to OH earlier, how can ppl set new years resolutions in jan, how can we start dieting when for xmas wev had loads of alcohol n loads of chocolates lol "/

I know. 3 Xmas chocs have passed my lips today... Naughty naughty

Hi, here to sub , Turkey Parisienne sounds nice!:)

Thank you - it was yummy - a bit of a chuck together to be honest.
In the slow cooker - diced turkey, mushrooms, onion, garlic, leek, celery, carrot and a tin of condensed mushroom soup (14 syns), I'm really not sure how long I cooked it for as I kept switching between high and low, then for the last hour I added peas and some cornflour.

My first day back in the office today for a fortnight, leaving my even more poorly and even more spotty daughter with my mother-in-law. She's going to stay with her for 2 nights so there is every chance we might go out for food tonight so my first week back on plan could be slightly scuppered. Oh well, at least I've managed 2 days at 100%!!

Wednesday 6th January

Breakfast: Overnight oats (HEXB) with FF Greek Yog, and stewed apples/pears (I know technically these aren't free but I didn't cook them with any sugar and I've only eaten the equivalent I would have in raw fruit)

Lunch: Chickpea curry with rice, broccoli and green beans

Dinner: Japanese bento - teriyaki chicken, tempura veg and rice. 2 glasses of wine

Syns/Snacks: Skimmed milk in coffees x 3 (1.5 syn), Werthers Originals x 2 (2 syns)

Last edited:
Not easy Sarah being back at work and little girl not well (((HUGs)))

You have done great on getting two days 100%, especially under all the stress.

Well done!

My first day back in the office today for a fortnight, leaving my even more poorly and even more spotty daughter with my mother-in-law. She's going to stay with her for 2 nights so there is every chance we might go out for food tonight so my first week back on plan could be slightly scuppered. Oh well, at least I've managed 2 days at 100%!!

Wednesday 6th January

Breakfast: Overnight oats (HEXB) with FF Greek Yog, and stewed apples/pears (I know technically these aren't free but I didn't cook them with any sugar and I've only eaten the equivalent I would have in raw fruit)

Lunch: Chickpea curry with rice, broccoli and green beans

Dinner: TBC. It'll be syn free spag bol if we're home or something else if we're out...

Syns/Snacks: Skimmed milk in coffees x 3 (1.5 syn), Werthers Originals x 2 (2 syns)
Oh no poor mite xx you are doing so well staying on track with a poorly kid to look after aswell x Well done and keep your chin up xx

well we did go out for tea and ended up at a Japanese restaurant. I had a bento box of chicken teriyaki with veg tempura and rice and 2 glasses of wine. So not great but I suppose could have been worse.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Back on it tomorrow and I'm missing my spotty poorly girl who's at her grandmas until Friday :-( x

Back