Extra Easy Days Sarah83's 2016 Food Diary

well we did go out for tea and ended up at a Japanese restaurant. I had a bento box of chicken teriyaki with veg tempura and rice and 2 glasses of wine. So not great but I suppose could have been worse.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Back on it tomorrow and I'm missing my spotty poorly girl who's at her grandmas until Friday :-( x
Tomorrow is another day xx You will be fine xx

Morning! I'm not feeling too bad about last night - it was only 1 meal, not a whole day, so that's got to be a good thing!! And it could have been worse - I could have had dessert or blown it with chocolate when I got home and I didn't!
Today will be better...

Thursday 7th Jan
Breakfast
: Overnight oats (HEXB) with FF Greek yog and apple/pear

Lunch: Chickpea curry, rice, broccoli and green beans

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, parmesan (half HEXA)

Snacks/Syns: Skimmed milk in coffees (half HEXA), apple, pear, hot chocolate, choc digestive, butter thin biscuit, medicinal whisky

Last edited:
Morning! I'm not feeling too bad about last night - it was only 1 meal, not a whole day, so that's got to be a good thing!! And it could have been worse - I could have had dessert or blown it with chocolate when I got home and I didn't!
Today will be better...

Thursday 7th Jan
Breakfast
: Overnight oats (HEXB) with FF Greek yog and apple/pear

Lunch: Chickpea curry, rice, broccoli and green beans

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, broccoli/green beans, parmesan (half HEXA)

Snacks/Syns: Skimmed milk in coffees (half HEXA)

Yes very true xx well done today's food is looking good x

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!
Well I didn't completely stick to being good last night, we popped into the local pub after doing a bit of shopping as our daughter is still at the MILs, and I had a cheeky hot chocolate, then I managed to have a couple of biscuits after tea, and I also had myself a hot toddy before bed as I'm feeling quite poorly at the moment. I'm so excited to have my little girl back this afternoon - missed her so much after not seeing her for 2 days.

BUT, the good news is when I weighed myself this morning I've lost 3.5lbs!
I'm really pleased with that and I hope it's true as the battery is going on my scales so I hope it's not mis-reading!

I have got a challenging week ahead though - the weekends are always going to be a challenge but I won't be so harsh on myself if I slip, it's the weekdays I need to stick at it. But next week I'm away for a course including 2 nights in a hotel. I'm on my own though so it will be room service probably for evening meals (must pick well), then I'll try and stick to the healthy options for breakfast and canteen salads for lunch. Thing is if I want to keep up the losses, I've got to be good!
Hope you all have a lovely day xx

Friday 8th January
Breakfast
: Overnight oats (HEXB), FF Greek yog, cooked apple and pear

Lunch: Mixed salad with mackerel fillets in tomato sauce

Dinner: Beef Bourgignon (6 syns), mash and veg

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees and mash (HEXA)

Hope that loss is right xx
Agree that if you do have a slight blip, don't feel too bad about it. Keep going and get back on track and that limit damage x

Hi all, hope you've all had fab weekends.
I'm pleased to have my spotty girl back home - she's all recovered just very spotty/scabby and a bit itchy still. Treated her to a trip to the cinema this morning but apart from that she's just wanted to be home.
I haven't been 100% on the weekend (but chances are I never will be - that's why I need to be better in the week!) but I definitely think I've made some better decisions than I would have previously. Here goes:

Saturday 9th Jan
Brunch: BLT sandwich (HEXB)
Tea: slow cooked brisket with new pots, veg and 2 Yorkshire puds (no roasties!)
Plus a couple of glasses of wine.

Sunday 10th Jan
Snack: a handful of popcorn
Lunch: BLT sandwich (HEXB)
Tea: chicken, new pots and salad
Again plus a couple of glasses of wine, oh and a choc chip cookie we baked today

Thank you!
My week has changed around a bit - I'm mega-busy in work so I've postponed the course I was going to be going on, meaning no hotel stay this week anymore. Trouble is I haven't meal planned for those days so I guess I'll just have to improvise with what I've got in the freezer...

Monday 11th January

Breakfast
: Muller light and a pear

Lunch: Mixed salad, chicken, bacon, new pots and mayo (2.5syns)

Dinner: Quorn sausages (2 syns), chips made with olive oil (HEXB), 'fried' egg, Peas, ketchup (1.5 syns)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), apple, orange, 3 werthers mints (1.5), 2 laughing cow mini cravings (1)

Total syns: 8

Last edited:
Morning everyone. I had another good-ish day yesterday food-wise, although I would rather keep the syns a bit lower in the week to compensate for the weekends.
Well here's today's plan:

Tuesday 12th January

Breakfast: Porridge (HEXB), skimmed milk (half HEXA), frozen cherries

Lunch: Sweet chilli salmon (2syns), salad, new potatoes, EL mayo (0.5)

Dinner: Turkey parisienne (2.5), rice, green beans/broccoli

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (half HEXA), watermelon, 2/3 of a strawberry pavlova (10?)

Total Syns: 15

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!
Well I kinda blew it last night, daughter came home from my mother in law with a strawberry cream pavlova from Sainsburys. She ate all but one of the strawberries and about 1/3 of the cream before deciding she'd had enough. Well I love pavlovas so I couldn't resist finishing it off, I'm estimating it at 10 syns looking at syns for similar things but that might be an underestimation. Never mind, it would have been a crime to throw it away!!

Working from home today so a bit more flexible with meals.

Wednesday 13th January

Breakfast: Smoked cod, spinach, poached egg and a crème fraiche cheese sauce (2 syns/half HEXA)

Lunch: Toast (HEXB) topped with ham, cheese (half HEXA) and tomato

Dinner: Chicken and mushroom teriyaki (using Maggi so sticky mix) - 2 syns. Mixed veg stir fry Noodles - 1 syn

Snacks etc: Skimmed milk in coffee x 4 (2 syn), tiny white choc (1 syn), small curly wurly (3 syn)

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
My delicious breakfast: smoked cod on wilted spinach with a creamy cheese sauce and a poached egg - 2 syns and half my HEX A
image.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks amazing. I'm pants at doing poached eggs.

Thanks. Mine can be very touch and go - but I always add a dash of white wine vinegar to the water, make sure it's only just bubbling, and break the egg into a ramekin first rather than breaking it straight into the pan. I have in the past ended up with all the white disappearing and a poached yolk!! This one I managed to break the yolk when I cracked the egg so it was a bit overcooked, but still nice.

Today's lunch (I'm obviously in a photo taking mood today!!)
image.jpeg

Thursday 14th January

Breakfast: Muller light, apple

Lunch: Leftover chicken teriyaki and noodles (3 syns)

Dinner: Turkey chilli, broccoli/green beans, cheese (HEXA) and wedges using HEXB oil. Low fat Mayo (2)

Snacks etc: Coffee with skimmed milk x 2 (1 syn), half a bottle of red wine (13), 2 pieces terry choc orange (5)

Total syns: 23 :-(

Last edited:
Good morning and happy Friday!
Well I did cheat a bit yesterday as hubby brought home a nice bottle of red wine and before that I couldn't resist a bit of leftover Xmas choc - meant I finished the day on 23 syns.
But the good news is I weighed myself this morning and I'm another 3lbs down! I'm so happy that's 6.5lbs in 2 weeks!
I'm really determined to stick at it now!

Friday 15th Jamuary

Breakfast: none - due to morning dentist appointment!

Lunch: omelette with cheese (half HEXA), tomato, ham, onion

Dinner: steak, chips (HEXB - oil), garlic mushrooms, pepper sauce (1 syn)

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (half HEXA), Xmas choc (3.5), wine... (Free on a Friday ;-) )

Back