Extra Easy Days Sarah83's 2016 Food Diary

Great diary! We had steak and chips tonight as well, amazing treat for a Friday! Also poured myself a glass of 'free' Friday wine but it was horrible so poured it away! Feeling so proud of myself haha

Great diary! We had steak and chips tonight as well, amazing treat for a Friday! Also poured myself a glass of 'free' Friday wine but it was horrible so poured it away! Feeling so proud of myself haha
I can safely say wine never gets wasted in this house! It's great being able to eat things like steak and chips - doesn't feel like a diet at all! I do prefer my chips with oil rather than frylight though so I try and save my healthy extra for the oil.
Currently proud of myself resisting my daughters cheesy pizza (I love love love pizza!!)

Last nights dinner yum yum

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Saturday 16th January

Breakfast: bacon and tomato sandwich (HEXB) and a smear of ketchup (0.5)

Lunch: baked sweet potato, sweet chilli turkey, salad, Mayo (2 syns)

Dinner: cheesy meatball bake (6 syns/half HEXA), spaghetti

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (half HEXA), more wine...

Last edited:
Today's lunch :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
Sunday 17th January

Breakfast- Bacon, poached eggs, grilled tomatoes, toast (HEXB) and spread (1.5)

Lunch: mugshot

Dinner: Linda McCartney sausages, oxo roasties, swede, carrots, gravy (1)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), more wine and some biscuits...

Last edited:
Well the weekend wasn't so bad, I did have a few glasses of wine, and the biscuit monster attacked last night, but mostly my meals were on track, apart from Saturday night's but that is a result of really needing to eat through the freezer before my big muscle food delivery comes in a couple of weeks.
I'm seriously sleep deprived today, daughter is ill (again) and had a really bad night. So I'll be surviving mostly on coffee today and probably fast asleep by 8pm tonight - I was going to be going out for food and drinks tonight with a friend but I've had to reschedule - I won't be able to keep my eyes open.
Hoping this week will be another good week :)

Monday 18th January

Breakfast: Yoghurt, Alpen light bar (HEXB)

Lunch: Lentil, tomato and aubergine dhal with rice

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, broccoli, parmesan cheese (half HEXA)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (half HEXA)

Total syns: 0!

Last edited:
Today's 'brunch' (having a weird food order day today!!)
Quorn burger with half a HEXA of cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and a drizzle of mayo. Yum yum!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Working from home today and I'm really hungry! So it's going to be a bit of a weird food day...
Managed to finish yesterday on zero syns though, and I didn't feel hungry or anything so that's good.

Tuesday 19th January

Breakfast: (well through the morning, not really breakfast!)
Leftover oxo roasties from Sunday and salad cream (0.5)
Quorn burger (0.5), bacon, cheese (half HEXA), lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo (0.5)

Lunch: Lentil curry and rice, salad, Mayo (1)

Dinner: Maple BBQ pork steaks (4), mixed veg fried rice (HEXB for oil), salad and mayo (1)

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (half HEXA), aaagh chocs and biscuit monster attacked so I thought sod it and had 2 glasses of wine too. Not good.

Total syns: Blown

Last edited:
Lunch today: lentil, aubergine and tomato curry with rice and salad

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Oh dear had a bit of a blow out yesterday- chocolate, biscuits and some wine.
Not good and I woke up with a pounding headache too, which I'm sure is no coincidence.

I'm on my way to London this morning, armed with yoghurt, fruit and alpen lights for my breakfast and snacks. Just hope I can find somewhere to get a reasonably low syn salad for lunch. I was good yesterday and cooked a lamb curry in the slow cooker - so that's ready for tea tonight when I'm home later.

Wednesday 20th January

Breakfast: yoghurt and banana

Lunch: pret a manger salmon and quinoa superfood salad (HEXB for oil in dressing and 4 syns for seeds??)

Dinner: Lamb curry (1.5), rice, broccoli

Snacks: milk in coffees (HEXA), egg and spinach pot, homemade vienesse finger (4?)

Total syns: 9.5

Thursday 21st January

Breakfast: yoghurt, banana, pear

Lunch: ham salad with salad cream (2.5)

Dinner: chicken, noodles, veg, sweet chilli (1.5)

Snacks: milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), Apple, 2 glasses wine (12)

Total syns: 16

Last edited:
Well I've just weighed in this morning and I'm another 3lb down. This is a bit strange for me - I'm never this good at consecutively losing, but it's really boosting me and making me want to carry on!
Only slight issue I may have next week is I'm going out for a meal and drinks the night before weigh-in but I'll choose well food-wise and stay away from cocktails!!
Wishing everyone a great weekend :)

Well I've just weighed in this morning and I'm another 3lb down. This is a bit strange for me - I'm never this good at consecutively losing, but it's really boosting me and making me want to carry on!
Only slight issue I may have next week is I'm going out for a meal and drinks the night before weigh-in but I'll choose well food-wise and stay away from cocktails!!
Wishing everyone a great weekend :)
Take it and run lol xx

Friday 22nd January

Breakfast: yoghurt, banana

Lunch: mixed salad and tinned mackerel in tomato sauce

Dinner: beef bourgignon (6) with potato stacks and veg

Snacks etc: milk in coffees (HEXA), free Friday wine!

Last edited:
Saturday 23rd Jamuary

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

Lunch: wetherspoons superfood pasta with chicken (HEXB for any oil and 4syns?)

Dinner: 2 quorn burgers (1), cheese (HEXA), salad, Mayo (2)

Snacks etc: milk in 3 coffees (1.5), and some wine...

First time eating out today - we went to spoons and I picked the superfood pasta - lots of veg and a kale pesto, with chicken breast. I saved my HEXB for any oil and maybe an extra 4 syns just in case? It's a bit tricky to guess but I'm pleased with my choices for my first meal out.
Next week will be trickier, I'm out with a friend Thursday, theatre trip and more meals out Saturday and a harvester lunch Sunday. I've just got to pick what looks like the best option I guess

First time eating out today - we went to spoons and I picked the superfood pasta - lots of veg and a kale pesto, with chicken breast. I saved my HEXB for any oil and maybe an extra 4 syns just in case? It's a bit tricky to guess but I'm pleased with my choices for my first meal out.
Next week will be trickier, I'm out with a friend Thursday, theatre trip and more meals out Saturday and a harvester lunch Sunday. I've just got to pick what looks like the best option I guess
Love that pasta x steak salads are nice too x

Love that pasta x steak salads are nice too x

It was quite nice, especially with all the veg in it, but I did find it a little bit bland. I was glad I had the chicken with it. It was between that, pasta pomodorro or the chicken and pepper skewers, they all looked like the best options, apart from steak and salad

Back