Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Hi, yes I'm ok just had a very long day away in London today which started as a 6.10am cab to cardiff so I could make the train!
Food wise hasn't been great but I've done ok considering the temptations:

Brekkie: ham and cheese toastie on the train

Snack: mini blueberry muffin

Lunch: buffet - cod with tomato sauce, bit of pasta, loads of tomatoes, spinach and broccoli, followed by a big plate of fruit and a tiny square of fig cheesecake

Dinner: meatloaf (a hairy dieters recipe, would have to work out the syns), swede/carrot mash, cauliflower cheese from last night

So brekkie was naughty, as was the mini muffin. For lunch and tea I kept to the superfree principles though. The meatloaf was made by my mother-in-law. It was low calorie but I've no idea on syns.

Thanks for checking up on me LMN ;-)

Hi everyone, sorry I've been a bit absent, but I'm not well :-(

Started off Tuesday with a bit of a sore throat but by Thursday night my voice had completely gone and yesterday I couldn't manage more than a whisper, and I was so weak. Luckily I was working from home yesterday anyway as I had loads to do, as I couldn't have managed being in the office not able to speak!
Trouble is hubby is working today so I'm on childcare duty all day and Bella's not well either with a real phlegmy cough, so we're going to be a ball of laughs!

Luckily my voice has come back to a bit of a squeak this morning so we might manage a stroll into town. Other than that it'll definitely be a duvet day.

Sorry about the moan, I hate being ill!

On the plus side I lost 1lb this week. I'm going to try and continue with success express, I'm finding it really good for portion control. We did an Aldi shop yesterday so we're all stocked up with plenty of fresh veg.

I'm going to try and broadly stick to plan this weekend although I'm doing roast beef tomorrow so I will be making proper yorkies, and maybe a pudding too. Apart from that it should be fine.

Hope you all have fab days planned xx

Good morning hun,
I'm sorry your not well. Yes it sounds like you and your little one need a duvet day.
On a positive well done on your 1lb off this week :) You're doing fab hun and I'm sure the extra walking and steps at work is helping.
I'm doing a roast tonight, I would do it tomorrow but we are going out so doing a Saturday night roast instead. No pudding for me though. You can't beat a good home cooked roast, yum yum.
Hope you have a good day and you and Bella get rid of those horrid bugs.xx

Morning,

Thank you, I'm just pleased my voice has come back a bit - it was very annoying losing it yesterday! Trouble is I think I may have a bout of tonsillitis coming now as my glands are up and my tonsils are swollen. So I'm trying to head it off by gargling aspirin. I really don't want it to get bad enough for antibiotics as the last 2 times I've taken antibiotics they've given me oral thrush which is really horrible as I can't eat or drink anything (would be good for the diet though!)

Just treated us to a hot cross bun for brekkie. Weathers horrible this morning so will have to see if it clears up so we can pop out for a bit.

Sorry I'm so whingy! It could be a lot worse so I need to brighten up!
Still chilling in the house, watching gruffalo's child at the mo - Bella's favourite book and programme!
We've been having a good go at potty training today too, with no accidents 'yet'!

We really do need to pop out at some point though as we've run out of recycling bags so I need to go into town to get some more...

Not sure what I'm doing for food today, my appetites not great, so lunch might be a shared tin of soup. Dinner is sorted though - I've taken out of the freezer some cottage pie mix and some mashed potato, I'll just need to get some veg together to go with it to make up 2/3 superfree. At least it's all done and I don't have to really cook anything!

Now I'm hoping Bella will want a nice long nap later because I know I will!

Well done on the loss Hun. Hope you have a good weekend. I'm managed to clean the house and organise everything. So treating myself to a cheeky vodka tonight. X

Hi,
I'm still feeling really rough so I'm very glad I had a ready-to-go healthy dinner in my cottage pie. All I had to do was boil some cauliflower.
Bella hasn't eaten a thing all day, so she's obviously off her food because of this cold/cough which worries me more. Luckily she's a milkaholic so she's had plenty of that today! Just hope she doesn't wake up at 3am starving!

Really really hoping I'm feeling better tomorrow, I've got too much to do to be ill!

Chilling out tonight watching flight with Denzel Washington x

Evening all!

Well today I'm feeling quite a lot better but still very weak. Bella seems much perkier too but still has a nasty cold and cough. I had a lovely lie in thanks to hubby then we popped out to a local garden centre as the weather was ***** so we could look at the animals and fish! We were hoping to stop for a coffee too but found they were having a refurb. Instead I bought some yummy things for lunch which may or may not have included warm crusty bread, and a local welsh Brie-type cheese called Perl Wen, one of my faves! Very naughty I know.
I didn't have enough energy to prepare my roast and planned pud so we ended up with a takeaway tonight - Piri Piri chicken salad and a few fries. Treat day today, back on it tomorrow with fruit and salad already prepared, just hoping I've got enough energy to get through a day in work!
Feel like I've had a wasted weekend but I know it can't be helped.

Now to dry my hair and wander off to bed!x

Morning everyone.

What a wet Monday! It's pouring down with rain here, but luckily I didn't get too drenched coming to work.
I'm still feeling rough so it's going to be a grumpy day for me. And generally the day hasn't been that good a start: Bella decided to get up at 5am, then she was really clingy at the drop off for creche and was screaming for me when I had to leave (she doesn't do that often but it always upsets me), plus I left my train season ticket at home so had to fork out £7 for a ticket grrr.

Never mind, it means the day can only get better. I have got a busy day in work - lots to cram in as I didn't manage to get as much done on Friday as I'd hoped. Fingers crossed the day will pass quickly.

Food-wise I don't have much this week to sway me. I'm in the office all week apart from Wednesday when I have a long day out with a trip to North Wales. I will be suitably prepared for that trip though as it will be a case of eating breakfast and lunch on the train.

The only possible dodgy meal is Friday lunchtime when I have a buffet as I've got an all day meeting. So I'll try and restrict myself as best I can!

I'm going to try and stick to success express again as best I can, I've got loads of veg in so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to be eating through the freezer too as I've got a few meals in there which need using up to make space for more!

Hope you all have good weeks planned xx

Monday 7th April - Success Express

Breakfast: Melon, orange, grapes & FF yoghurt

Lunch: Quorn and veg chilli, with salad (way more than 2/3 superfree as the majority of the chilli is superfree too)

Dinner: Slow cooked balsamic beef (1 syn) - 1/3, with 2/3 veg (cauli and swede/carrot mash)

Snacks: Milk in coffee (HEXA), Cheese (HEXA) and chutney - 1 syn, 2 x hot cross buns! (hoping my lack of HEXBs will somehow counteract these!)

Total syns: ?

Last edited:
Hi, well I started perking up this afternoon which was nice but I'm still feeling rough. Bella was much perkier tonight and was full of stories of her day so that's good, just hope she sleeps ok she's had such broken nights sleep over the last few nights.

Well it seems my appetite is off - I ended up only eating half of my lunch and tea, then I started eating a low fat toffee yoghurt I picked up from the farm shop yesterday and could only manage 2 mouthfuls.
Well although annoying as I love my food, it has surely got to be good for the diet!

Hope everyone's having a good evening, I'm having a nice chill out while nagging hubby to wash up!x

Morning all,
Well the snack monster attacked last night and I ended up eating 2 hot cross buns! This is why I shouldn't have anything naughty in the house... I'm hoping my lack of general food and the fact I didn't have any HEXBs yesterday will counteract it.

Feeling a lot better today but my nose is really full up which is quite annoying, and will be especially annoying during the 3 hour meeting I have this morning. But I feel a bit more energetic and not like I'm going to collapse after a short walk! My darling daughter decided 5am was a really good get up time for the 2nd day in a row, which I wouldn't mind so much except I have to get up at 5am tomorrow for an early morning train to North Wales, and I know she'll sleep in!

Started to think a bit more about holidays and trips we've got coming up... for Easter (next week!) we're travelling to the Isle of Wight to see my dad. We're going Thursday to Sunday. Then on the 2nd May (only 3 weeks away!), we've got our holiday - a week in a caravan near Exmouth. I can't wait! Neither of these trips are going to be good for the diet though, so I'm just hoping the weather is good so we can get out and about and have lots of exercise.

I need to start organising myself and thinking about things to take with us though...

Back