Sarah83's New Diary

It was delish. People can leave comments on the website about tweaks and someone suggested grated carrot which I added. Plus I used spring onion instead of regular and adjusted measurements to suit syns. Was really nice.

Oh and I had some cake for pudding... It was scrumptious!

Tuesday 8th November - green

Breakfast:
Banana

Lunch:
Asda chickpea dahl (eaten with a spoon straight from the pan - what my life has become!!)

Dinner:
Leek & Potato soup
Cheese (HEXA x 2)

Snacks:
Choc cake - 14.5syns

Drinks:
SF squash
Decaf coffee and milk - 1 syn

Syns: 15.5

Last edited:
Well after a genuine 100% week I managed to shift 4.5lb!!

Really pleased with that and it does show if you put in a bit of effort the plan does work, even with wine and chocolate cake!!

Can't promise I'll be 100% this week though, planning on going to Cardiff tomorrow (eek - taking baby on the train and being too far away from home to just run back home if she starts playing up!!) and meeting hubby for an afternoon of shopping and a meal out... and as always I will enjoy meals out so won't be keeping within syns.

However, I'm not sure if I'll be going... firstly it's forecast rain. Fine for Bella as she'll be snug under her rain cover, but now I no longer have an umbrella arm free and am yet to get a decent waterproof coat... I will undoubtedly get soaked! Also I've had a bad back for about the last week - an annoying knot by my shoulderblade which just won't shift, and it depends how that's feeling as to whether I go too.

Wednesday 9th November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Mugshot

Lunch:
Omelette/fritatta with potato, ham, spring onion, peppers, tomato

Dinner:
Gammon
Sauteed potatoes
Veggies - green beans, carrots
duck egg

Snacks:
Alpen lights (HEXB)
seafood sticks
Kitkat - 5 syns
Chocolate cake - 14.5 syns

Drinks:
SF squash
Decaf coffee x 2 and milk (HEXA)
3 glasses wine - 15 syns

Total syns: 34.5

Syns remaining for the week: 70.5/105

Last edited:
Well done on your loss! I am aiming for a 100% week too, my low syn days are Saturday, Sunday and Monday, in an attempt to balance out the slightly naughty days :D But not overly optimistic due to cooking a special tea on Sunday!

You can get them clip on brollies for buggies, but not sure how they would hold up in any wind.

Oops went a bit overboard yesterday with wine and chocolate cake, it's all counted though.
We're not going into Cardiff this afternoon now, so today should be a good day except I can't decide what to do for tea...

Tea last night was gorgeous - gammon with egg, sautéed potatoes and veg. Delish and syn free yum yum

Thursday 10th November - green

Breakfast:
Beans and cheese (HEXA)

Lunch:
Mugshot

Dinner:
Cheese, leek, suede & potato pie.
HEXB x 2 for cheese
1 syn for mustard & creme fraiche
Beans

Snacks:
Strawberries

Drinks:
SF squash
coffee and milk - HEXA
Wine - 5 syns
Diet lemonade

Total syns: 6

Syns remaining for the week: 64.5/105

Last edited:
Friday 11th November - green/extra easy

Breakfast:
Cheese and onion toastie on WM (HEXA & HEXB)

Lunch:
Pasta with spring onions, peppers, tomato and bisto cheese sauce (2.5 syns - totally not worth it for the amount)

Dinner:
Indian - oops!

Snacks:
Chocolate cake

Drinks:
SF squash
Wine

Total syns: way too many

Last edited:
Well so much for my good streak and hello self sabotage. Last night ended in an Indian takeaway (and not a remotely SW friendly one unless you count the basmati rice), chocolate cake (thankfully nearly finished now, and wine.

So back on it today, allowing myself a syn allowance of 10 a day for the last 4 days

Saturday 12th November - extra easy

Breakfast:
Mushroom omelette

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Roast chicken, new potatoes, salad, cheese (HEXA)

Snacks:
Ham and pickled onions
Alpen lights (HEXB)
time out - 4 syns

Drinks:
SF squash
Wine - 5 syns

Total syns: 9

Syns remaining for the week: 31/40

Last edited:
Sunday 13th November - extra easy

Breakfast:
fried egg on toast - ate less than half as Bella was sick half way through!
Half HEXB & 1 syn

Lunch:
Thai green noodle soup courtesy of MIL - 4 syns

Dinner:
Gammon
M&S Rosemary potatoes - remainder of HEXB for oil
Veg

Snacks:
??

Drinks:
SF squash

Total syns: ??

Syns remaining for the week: ??/40

Epic fail again: wine and chocolate cake again. On the plus side the cake is now gone! Not holding out much hope for weds now... Why do I always do this???

Last edited:
Monday 14th November - green

Breakfast:
None

Lunch:
Potato wedges
Salad cream - 2 syns
Hard boiled egg

Dinner:
Egg fried rice with veggies, pineapple and possibly HEXB chicken

Snacks:
Pineapple

Drinks:
SF squash

Total syns: 2 so far

sarah83 said:
Monday 14th November - green

Breakfast:
None

Lunch:
Potato wedges
Salad cream - 2 syns
Hard boiled egg

Dinner:
Egg fried rice with veggies, pineapple and possibly HEXB chicken

Snacks:
Pineapple

Drinks:
SF squash

Total syns: 2 so far

That looks like a busy mums food diary to me! Hope you and beautiful Bella are well xx

Thanks hun, we're doing fab!
Yes I can safely say I don't really have time for food much anymore, which is a shame as I love cooking!

After my fab week last week I'm really struggling again this week as just not finding the time to fill up on fresh fruit and veggies like I should... Wondering if I jumped on the wagon a bit too soon, we'll see!

Bella's doing great, she's been putting on loads of weight and as of Thursday was 8lb 3oz. We went to a mum and baby club last week, she was a bit small for it but we'll keep going as it's good to get out.

Only problems we've had is she's quite sicky pretty much after every feed (which is frequent!), but health visitor said it's nothing to worry about as long as she's gaining weight. Also she gets quite a lot of wind which bothers her. We've been using infacol which helps but it still bothers her. She's coming along so much though and she's started smiling which is AMAZING!

How are you doing hun?xx

Ahh I remember those wonderful and hectic first few months, such a lovely time. Stan had colic so I used infacol a lot, it really helped, hope Bella grows out of that soon, really good that she's putting on weight well.
Don't stress about the weight loss, these early days are here to be cherished, you can lose weight any time!!
Things are ok here, little stressed with Stan all of a sudden not wanting to leave my side and now not sleeping through the night, hoping it's just a phase!! I'm shattered :(
Things are good with my Sis, little Oliver is 4 months old now and making good progress, he's still tiny but is smiling and starting to do the things he should be now so we're all pleased with how well he is getting on. Charlotte finished chemotherapy and is now having radiotherapy and then there is a break before she has reconstructive surgery, but the outlook is positive so we're keeping our fingers crossed.
Take care of yourself and your little bubba xx

So glad your sis and Oliver are doing well. I'm sure Oliver will come along fantastically!

Sorry to hear about Stan's phase, I suppose it's nice though that he needs his mummy so much... If a little frustrating for you! I can't get anything done at the moment, Bella's always crying for me if I leave her be! I've ordered a swing off eBay so hoping that will help give me some time back!

way good news colic stops after three months, my Charles has been a nightmare with it for the past two days, so I emphasis what your going through!!!

You should get a baby carrier gives you some hands free time but keeps baby close to you :)

I've got a carrier I picked up second hand before she was born, I've figured out how to use it but not really given it a go yet!
Been having some happy time today with Bella giving me some gorgeous smiles! I know it's early but she's definitely been smiling since about 4 weeks - unfortunately for me she usually saves them all for her daddy... But not today :)

Picked up gripe water today to try and help with her wind, bit strange feeding her with a spoon!

aw bless, I love it when Charles smiles - he has my smile including the dimples, which is so bizzare looking at him as he has a lot of my feautures including chubby cheeks. I got gripe water it is better for charles my oh thinks as it works straight away, the problem we face is charles is a clever little s**t, even with a syringe at the back of his throat he stores it all up and spits it out, pfft!!! There is also co leaf my cpn told me about where you put some drops ito baby's milk to help with colic. It cost £11 but you can get it on proscription.

Back