Sarah83's New Diary

Good for you jumping back on the wagon - it can't be easy with a teeny tiny (hungry) one around!
I recommend the current SW magazine - there's quite a few recipes which involve a bit of chopping and frying off, then just sitting in the oven (so not too laborious).... and also a section on freezer-friendly recipes which could be handy to save time by batch cooking.

My favourite quick dinners:

bacon, eggs and beans
stir-fries
egg fried rice
roast veg couscous (which can be livened up with goat's cheese or halloumi...)
pasta carbonara
Egg on toast
Omelette with green beans
AH lentil dhal / Asda chickpea dhal

So glad to see that all is well with you. Can't believe OH has to go back to work already - paternity leave is way too short!

Thank you for the ideas! I'll definitely pick up the magazine when I go out next (although won't look forward to navigating a pram round our teenie WH Smiths!)

Meals I'm thinking of for the next week or so are:

Lunches:
Pasta with toms, tuna, veggies
Mini ham and veggie quiches
Tomato & herb pasta & sauce with added veggies
Leftovers (key I think - if I've always got something good to have ready to go)

Dinners:
Beef stew in the slow cooker
Leek and potato soup
Egg fried rice with chorizo
Bolognese out the freezer (allowing 3 syns as it was made with oil)
That sausage meatball Philly pasta off the advert (using tesco healthy living sausages)

Going to stick to extra easy days for now - but with 2 HEXA's for breastfeeding.

Tesco order coming this afternoon... And I'm really excited!

Day 1 Back on the Wagon!!!

Well today's the day! And I'm quite excited!

Weighed in at 16lb 1oz (eeek!!)
That is 1lb 13lb more than my pre-pregnancy weight and 4lb more than my starting weight before I lost weight last year.

I should be pretty good this week - only dodgy day is Sunday when we're going for Sunday lunch round my MIL. I've told her I'm back on the wagon so food should be ok, but I will be having some naughties (probably dessert) so will save some syns from the week for Sunday.

So today is off to an ok start, except Bella decided to only give me about 3 hours sleep last night, and not have her normal long sleep this morning! So I've only now (11.30) got round to having breakfast. So a criticism I'm already anticipating is the lack of food which will be in my diary, simply because my food has suddenly become very low priority!!
I hope this won't hinder my losses, but if my losses do seem slow I guess I'll just have to find time to cram in some more fruit!!

Anyway... wish me luck!!

Wednesday 2nd November - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
2 WM Toast (HEXB), Grilled tomatoes
2 tsp Flora Light - 2 syns

Lunch:
Tomato & herb pasta&sauce with added onion, peppers and tomato
28g cheese (HEXA)

Dinner:
egg fried rice, with lots of veggies and chorizo (2.5 syns)

Snacks:
Banana with vanilla and choc muller

Drinks:
SF orange squash
Glass wine 5 syns
SF lemonade

Total syns: 9.5
Syns remaining for the week: 95.5/105

Last edited:
Hello and welcome back to the wagon!!

It just goes to show that losing all that weight last year did you a massive favour - you would be way more than 4lb above where you were then if you hadn't have slimmed then!

Hope day 1 goes well - make sure you eat enough to keep you healthy :)

Thanks!!
I'll definitely get my 3 meals in... It's snacking which I'll struggle with. We'll see! Now to try and nap if Bella stays asleep!

Just tried frozen peppers for the first time - thrown in as my pasta & sauce was cooking. They're really good! And so much easier and cheaper than fresh - only £1 a bag!

Might end up changing my day to green as haven't had any meat so far today...

Well yesterday went well, except I didn't get round to having my extra HEXA which I'm allowed as breastfeeding.

Hubby made me laugh going on about how yummy tea was, so I held my glass of wine up and said 'welcome to day 1 of my diet!'... Got to love slimming world!

Bella got weighed again this morning and she's put on another 11.5oz in a week, I'm so pleased!

Thursday 3rd November - extra easy

Breakfast:
Beans with 56g cheddar (2 x HEXA)
will make sure I have plenty of superfree afterwards

Lunch:
Mini quiches with ham, spring onion, red pepper & cherry tomato (which I managed to eat at 4pm!!)

Dinner:
Beef casserole in slow cooker. With bacon, leeks, swede, carrot, new potatoes and thickened with smash.
0.5 syns per portion for red wine

Snacks:
Banana
Seafood sticks
Cottage cheese (while making lunch!)
Banana topped with toffee muller and alpen light (half HEXB)
Alpen light (half HEXB)

Drinks:
Decaf coffee with SS milk - 1 syn
SF squash
Glass wine - 4 syns

Total syns: 5.5

Syns remaining for the week: 90/105

Last edited:
Friday 4th November - extra easy

Breakfast:
WM bread (HEXB)
Egg Mayo (0.5 syns)
Tomato

Lunch:
Leftover beef stew - 0.5 syns

Dinner:
Bolognese out the freezer - allowing 3 syns as I know I made it with oil
HEXA cheddar

Snacks:
Seafood sticks
Timeout - 4.5syns
Strawberries, raspberries and vanilla muller

Drinks:
Decaf coffee & SS milk - HEXA
SF squash
3 x glasses wine - 15 syns

Total syns: 23.5

Syns remaining for the week: 66.5/105

Last edited:
Man, I LOVE leftovers! Jealous that you had two meals of leftovers. Think I ate all of mine out the freezer, must restock once I have made room :)

S'all looking good though mrs, and I bet its nice to have a glass of wine again. Hope little 'un is doing well and getting nice and chubby, in a good way of course :)

She's doing really well and she's putting loads of weight on which I'm really pleased about. She now weighs 7lb 7.5oz and put on a whopping 11.5oz last week alone!!

It is lovely to have my vino again. Last night I had a nice few glasses so made sure I expressed milk for her beforehand!

Saturday 5th November - Red

Breakfast:
WM toast (HEXB)
2 tsp flora light - 2 syns
Eggs scrambled with spring onion, pepper and tomato

Lunch:
Subway salad bowl with turkey and ham
2 syns for low fat honey and mustard dressing

Dinner:
Scallops and chorizo (2.5 syns)
Salad

Followed by:
WM bread (HEXB)
2 x low fat sausages (5 syns)

Snacks:
Choc&orange muller

Drinks:
SF squash
Diet lemonade
Decaf coffee with milk - HEXA
Glass wine - 5 syns

Total syns: 16.5

Syns remaining for the week: 50/105

Last edited:
Change of plan today - all of James's family have been ill this week so we're giving Sunday lunch a miss as don't really want to expose Bella to any bugs while she's still so little.

Hoping to get a nap soon - managed to sleep from 12-4 so I'm going to be feeling that later!!

Sunday 6th November - extra easy

Breakfast:
Boiled duck egg
WM toast soldiers - HEXB

Lunch:
Seafood pasta in a passatta sauce with chorizo (2.5 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese (HEXA)
hassleback potatoes
Carrots, peas

Snacks:
Banana
Kitkat - 5 syns
Strawberries & vanilla muller

Drinks:
SF squash
Decaf coffees & milk - HEXA
Diet lemonade

Total syns: 9.5

Syns remaining for the week: 40.5/105

Last edited:
Just had my midwife and her husband over with some pressies for Bella (they're friends of hubbys family), and that included some flowers (yay) a bottle of champers (double yay - save that for Xmas) and uh oh a cadburys flake cake.
Now the use by date on it is the 28th Nov, it serves 12 and works out at 14.5 syns a slice which I figured isn't so bad. So plan is for me to enjoy probably 1 slice a week, maybe 2, offload some on MIL and SIL and hubby will have to eat the rest!!

Had a hell of a day today. Only managed about 3 hours sleep with Bella for the second night in a row so I was in a bit of a sleep deprived state this morning so my MIL came over for me to have a nap and a shower. She's only just left! Bella decided to play up for her grandma so we've been having all sorts of fun and games!!

I also managed to offload half the choc cake and resist a slice myself! Might have one for pud as I have quite a few syns left for the week.

Tonight I'm trying the Philly sausage meatball pasta off the advert, and adding grated carrot which someone suggested on the website comments

Monday 7th November - extra easy

Breakfast:
WM toast
'fried' duck egg

Lunch:
Jacket potato with beans and cheese (HEXA)

Dinner:
Sausage meatball Philly pasta.
5.5 syns for one sausage and 28g light soft cheese

Snacks:
Banana
Slice choc cake - 14.5 syns

Drinks:
SF squash
Decaf coffee and milk - 1 syn
Diet lemonade

Total syns: 22.5

Syns remaining for the week: 18/105

Last edited:
Let me know how the sausage philly pasta is. It looks so nice on the advert, and pretty simple to do too, and a nice change from the usual tomato based sauce.

And well done on the cake, you have a far greater will power than I! Sleep deprivation makes me even worse (I get 4 hours max every sat night/sun morning). But I'm sure you deserve a slice of it tonight, it ain't so bad syn wise really :)

Hope you get some more sleep tonight x

Back