Sarah83's New Diary

Wowee I've been 100% now for 5 days (as I managed to claw back my extra syns from Saturday :D)
Hopefully will keep at it all week... I'm in Manchester tomorrow for a meeting but should be ok as standard sandwich and fruit buffet...
Won't be home until 8/9pm though so will have a pasta&sauce ready to go - nice easy food!

Well on with today...

Wednesday 10th November - Red

Breakfast:
Cheese (HEXA) & Ham toastie. In WM bread (HEXB)
With SF onion chutney

Lunch:
SF Quorn curry
Broccoli and runner beans

Dinner:
Tesco HL sausages 3 syns)
BNS mash with philly - 1 syns
Carrot, runner beans and broccoli

Snacks etc:
Melon
Half bottle red wine - 12 syns
Oaty bar - hexb

Total Syns: 16

Total Speed: 9

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for your new shiny. It soooo close :)

I always forget how Chinese takeaway really doesn't have to be a bad day! But it is, when you have to spend minimum £5 to get it delivered :D

Congrats on clawing back your syns from Saturday, onwards and downwards...!

It was only good because I could share with my hubby and he eats more than me anyway - meant I could have 1/3 or 1/2 of a portion rather than the whole thing...
Maybe you could have some of your friends over on a weekend and have a Chinese - at least you can try lots of different (good) bits then - as long as you resist the sweet and sour balls if anyone has them lol!!

Just been reading through the fishy week thread - I think I might try one week after next - I lost 5lb the last time I did one!!
Next week we're skint so it's time to eat through the freezer, week after is after payday so I can do a Tesco order with loads of fishy bits...

Uh oh the wine monster attacked tonight... Not so bad as shared a bottle with dh. Was so yummy having proper meaty sausages tonight and the BNS mash was pretty good too (thanks prawnchopsuey) just added a bit of EL Philly to make it creamy yum

Thursday 11th November - M2M

Breakfast:
Beans
Cheese & tomato omelette (HEXA)

Lunch:
Chicken salad and and ham salad sandwiches
(1.5 HEXBs for WM bread)
2 syns for mayo ??
Grapes

Dinner:
Tiny bit of pasta & sauce with salad veggies and cheese (part HEXA)

Snacks:
Alpen light (half HEXB)
Grapes
Apple
Satsumas
Go ahead bar (7 syns)

Total Syns: 9 syns

Total Speed: 7

Friday 12th November - Green

Breakfast:
Weetabix oaty bar (HEXB)

Lunch:
Pasta with Pesto (2 syns)
and some Pecorino (part HEXA)

Dinner:
Warm roasted vegetable salad
Honey - 1.5syns
Olive oil - HEXB
Oooh and some wine! - approx 20 syns

Snacks:
Apple

Total Syns: 21.5 - just within my syns for the week!

Total Speed: 5 - hmm not so good

Last edited:
Not feeling that confident about WI tomorrow... it will have been the first 100% week I've ever done but I haven't eaten as much as usual so I'm a bit scared!!
Still really hoping for that 2stone shiny tomorrow

Good luck for tomorrow Sarah and I hope you're enjoying your wine tonight, I know I'm certainly enjoying my glass of viognier ;-)

Mmm the Chardonnay is going down rather nicely while watching twilight... Again!

Well I did it!!!
I did what I think is probably my first ever 100% week and was rewarded with a 2.5lb loss and my 2 stone shiny!!! :D

I'm so pleased, my motivation is well and truly there at the moment so I want to make the most of it!!

I know I could have done better this week though - I didn't eat as much as usual, plus I've missed a couple of HEXs here and there (hmmm maybe not quite a 100% week then!)
Also I didn't have as many speed foods as I would have liked...

Got a couple of barriers this week - I'm away with work in Manchester on Wednesday and in Leeds on Thursday, staying in a hotel Wednesday night. So I'll have to sort out all my meals while I'm there... just hope there are good choices and I take lots of fruit!
Also we will be going out for dinner on Friday night after going to see Harry Potter on opening night (ooooh can't wait am starting to get very excited :eek:)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend xxx

Thanks hun... mmm looking forward to our Saturday night treat - a nice juicy steak :drool:

Saturday 13th November - Red

Breakfast:
So good!
3 egg omelette, filled with cooked LF sausage, half my HEXA of cheese, and spring onion - 1 syn
Served with syn free onion chutney

Lunch:
WM pitta (HEXB)
Chicken
Salad
Total 0%

Dinner:
Steak
Sauteed potatoes (HEXB split between new potatoes and oil)
M&S pepper sauce - 5.5syns
Garlic mushrooms
Green beans
Carrots

Snacks etc:
magic elf 3.5 syns
Activia intensely strawberry-2.5syns

Total Syns: 12.5

Total Speed: 6 - hmm not great

Last edited:
Well done Sarah!
Have been reading your food diary for inspiration and am inspired.

I noticed you mentioned having jelly as a dessert...well on Jamies's 30 minute meals he made a mango ice-cream/sorbet, using frozen mango and natural yoghurt. I am making tomorrow and it looks yum! Very simple too.

Also I've had a search on net for the onion chutney and had no luck with finding yet. Can you please let me know how to make.

Well done again and thanks for inspiring me as was getting really bored. I'm on EE for 7 weeks but finding loss really slow so might move to some reds.

Thanks hun, ah I'm happy to have inspired you!! :D

Here is the link to the onion chutney:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/142135-syn-free-onion-chutney-marmalade.html

It's really good, goes with anything plus it's superfree!

Mmm that sorbet sounds yum, let us know how you got on. If the mango is pureed, strictly speaking it wouldn't be free on SW (there are extensive threads about this - it's because you are more likely to eat more if it's pureed or juiced) but TBH I never tend to follow that rule so if you don't tell I won't !! ;)

If you don't mind me asking - how much have you lost in 7 weeks? I honestly find red and green work best for me - it's the original plan and I don't know why, just feels less naughty and more controlled than EE. I do throw in about 1 or 2 a week though when I need some flexibility.
I've started eating more red days mainly because my hubby is becoming a bit meat-starved I think!! He's loving the meaty dishes I've been cooking the last couple of weeks!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend ! xx

Sunday 14th November - Green

Breakfast:
Roast chicken pot noodle in a mug

Lunch:
Pasta
Red pesto - 2.5syns
Cheese (hexa)
Spring onions, yellow pepper & cherry toms

Dinner:
Roast chicken (HEXB)
Roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots
Honey-1 syn
in Olive oil (HEXB)
M&S veg layer - peas, broad beans & cabbage
Gravy with meat juices - 3 syns

Snacks etc:
Magic elf - 3.5 syns
Wine - 24 syns
WM pitta - 6 syns
Cheese - hexa
Olives - 1 syn

Total Syns: 41 oops

Total Speed: 5

Last edited:
Just thought I'd post my plan for the week:

Monday (red):
L - Leftover chicken salad
D - Prawn curry/stir fry with BNS chips

Tuesday (green):
L - Egg and veggie pasta salad
D - Turkey (HEXB) lasagne

Wednesday (EE):
Away with work - on train all morning until 11
L - Pasta salad as yesterday before I get off train. Fruit for later if hungry
D - ?? Probably something in the hotel

Thursday (EE):
Away with work - won't be home until 11pm
B - Probably fruit or tomatoes on toast from office canteen
L - Whatever I can pick up from office canteen - maybe Jacket pot or salad
D - Salad and fruit from M&S to eat on train home

Friday (??):
L - Turkey salad
D - ?? Watching Harry Potter and going out for dinner, probably Italian

Oops the wine fairy got to me tonight. Ok I've had 41 syns but I'll pull it back during the week!
Outraged at x factor so I figure I deserve the wine!

Back