Sarah83's New Diary

Hey guys I'm back!!

Had a lovely time away - we are sooo lucky we went on Wednesday though - woke up Thursday morning to about 8inches of snow and everything ground to a halt! Luckily it all thawed out before we came back home.
If I figure out how later, I'll take a pic of my Dad's back garden all snow-filled!
How on earth we managed to get 8 inches that far south and about half a cm in Wales is beyond me! I think we've had it too easy and it'll hit us later :p

Ok food-wise I wasn't great...
I wasn't AWFUL but the 4 days did include streaky bacon, some butter, some streaky bacon, a bit of cake, a few quality streets, and lots of wine. Oh and some chips on the seafront in Portsmouth while we were waiting for our train (and after hubby had dragged me down to see the HMS arc royal)

I feel quite bloated, but I'm hoping 100% until WI Saturday will counteract the damage.
Well... maybe not 100%, it's my xmas do on Friday so I may be consuming some beverages and a few buffet nibbles. Although I organise the party so will be on my feet rushing around all night so it may not be too bad ;)

And finally a little rant - when I went into the freezer this morning realised it has packed in. So that's a great pre-xmas spend I didn't need.
Just hoping everything stays frozen until we have a new one delivered - apart from the stuff we can cram into our neighbours freezer!

Monday 6th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Beans
Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Jacket Potato
Co-op tinned ratatouille - 2syns. First time I've tried - very nice

Dinner:
Lamb in red wine gravy - 2 syns
Roast potatoes
Olive oil - 3 syns
Creamed leeks - 0.5 syns & half HEXA
Carrots

Snacks:
2 clemantines
Apple
xmas chocolate - 2syns?
Milk in coffee - half HEXA

Total Syns: 10.5

Last edited:
Glad you had a nice time Sarah!
You can't stick to plan ALL the time and I'm sure a few chips and bacon won't do any drastic damage.
Boo for the freezer though. Can't you just put the food out in the garden now to freeze?!

Was very tempted but I think the cat would have a field day!
I may box it up and put it in the shed - it's probably cold enough!

Hi there,
I was going to say the same as PrawnChopSuey about the freezer food, you could put it outside and it'll stay frozen solid with the temperatures we have!!!
Glad you've had a good weekend. Even though you're trying to slim (and succeeding so far, by the way!), you still have to live your life and that includes some parties and other naughties from time to time...it means you're more likely to stay on track in the long run x

Thanks girls - I think I will put it in the shed, it's got to be as cold as it is in the freezer!
Hopefully we'll be able to get a new one delivered on Thursday so won't be for too long. Luckily we've got a second fridge so I can wedge everything from the busted one into that one... not too sure what I'm going to do with all the Tesco shopping being delivered tonight!

It is FREEEEEZING here today.

On the plus side we got home last night, to find the fridge freezer still not working. Went into curry's to a bit of a batty shop assistant who didn't really know what she was talking about. So I decided to order the new one online instead.

Anyway about half an hour after I had ordered it... the old one started bloody working again! So clearlly it is very temperamental, and needs replacing. However it can definately wait until after xmas now!

Looking forward to tea tonight - mmm. Managed to get to a Morrisons while I was away and bought some of the new Schwartz slow cooker sachets.
So last night I put on a sausage and bean casserole... The sachet works out at 5.5. Cooked it with carrots, onions, passatta and Tesco HL Cumberland sausages. Works out at just under 3.5 syns a portion.
I cooked it last night as I'm out the house for too long during the day.

Think I'm going to be addicted to my slow cooker while it's this cold! :p

Tuesday 7th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Oat so simple (HEXB)
Skimmed milk - half HEXA
Splenda

Lunch:
Syn free beef chilli with kidney beans, tomatoes, peppers

Dinner:
Sausage and bean casserole - 3.5syns
Rice

Snacks etc:
Xmas choc - 2 syns
2 x advent chocs - 2 syns

Total Syns: 7.5

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th December - Mix2Max

Was in London yesterday for a meeting so had a few sneaky naughty bits...

Breakfast:
Sneaky bacon roll from the cafe at Cardiff st - well I did need to leave my house at 4.55am :eek:
HEXA for the white mini roll :eek: and 1/2 syn for brown sauce

Lunch:
Think I picked pretty well from the buffet:
Ricotta tortellini in tomato sauce - HEXA for ricotta
Mixed veggies
Salads
HEXB for oil in pasta and salad

Dinner:
Tom & herb pasta & sauce
Red pepper
Red onion
Cheese - half HEXA

Snacks:
Mini danish pastry - 4 syns?
Time out bar - 8 syns
Milk in coffees - half HEXA
2 glasses of wine - 12 syns

Total Syns: 24.5 :(

Thursday 9th December - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast - HEXB
Beans
Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Syn free beef chilli

Dinner:
Beef bolognese
Pasta
Cheese - half HEXA (other half used in coffees through the day)

Snacks:
Salt & vinegar mccoys - aaagh 13syns
Damn me getting stressed in work, I'm terrible when I reach for the vending machine...

Total Syns: 14 so far...

Last edited:
Haha, liking the advent chocolate syns! But two....did you miss a day, or are you stealing someone elses?! ;)

Ah not mine I was stealing - hubby forgot to open it as we were away so had about 7 chocs to catch up on! Thought it was only right that I had 2 of them ;)

Feeling all anxious - It's my xmas party tomorrow night which I organise for work - got 124 people attending - eek!

Tried on my dress again, with my make-up and all looked ok but I think I might treat myself to some more make-up tonight with my boots points.

I am a bit gutted though - I bought a Babyliss curling wand and just can't get to grips with it. So I think I'll be curling my hair with my GHDs instead... reminds me I must buy hairspray too

We expect pictures of you all dolled up tomorrow please!!!
Our company always has its Christmas do on a Thursday night so that people travelling a long way can wangle a night in a hotel on expenses. Does not make an early start on a Friday a very nice experience though :)

The party will go great, they always do :) And I'm sure everyone will appreciate all the thought and effort you have put in to it :)

I never try on my clothes correctly. Tried my frock on last night, in my slippers, with my pj bottoms still on! Perhaps that is where I am going wrong.....:D And I never wear much makeup at all, I really need to start wearing more. The most you get out of me is eyeliner, mascara and possibly eyeshadow - and that is seriously it!

Never been able to get to grips with curling wands, I get arm ache by the time I get to the back of my head! Ringlets work best for me, when you wrap your hair around a rag, then the rag around the hair. Time consuming, but they last for ages in my hair.

You will have to post pictures of your final look :)

Hope tomorrow goes amazingly well

Ah thanks guys! I'll make sure at least one nice pic is taken of me then lol

I don't normally wear much make-up - always the same basic stuff and always just scrape my hair back into a ponytail. So will be a bit different for everyone at work to see me so dolled up.

Yep 258 cals!!
Ah well blew it completely yesterday - I was so busy trying to sort my hair and outfit ready for the party I couldn't face cooking - so we had a dominos instead...

I think I've already caught the Christmas bug and completely lost any motivation to be healthy lol! Never mind, as long as I try and be good most of the time, I can get right back into it in the new year...

Oh and I've got terrible anxiety influenced IBS today pre-party - my stomach is in knots!! Feeling really excited though!

How exciting! At least there should be food / drink / entertainment that YOU like since you're the one that organised it!
Hope you have a really good time, don't get to up to too much mischief!! :)

Well the party was great on Friday. Everyone had a fab time - I had lots of comments that I look like I've lost weight (yay finally - it only took 2 stone :p)
And unsuprisingly I got very drunk!

I need to sieve through the photos before I post any - I look very drunk in most of them ya see - need to find one from the beginning of the night ;)

I managed to lose most of Saturday to my hangover (dragged myself out of bed at 12, and into the shower at 4) before I started feeling remotely human again!

And guys I can say I have officially slipped off the wagon. I'm not bothered though - I want to really enjoy Christmas and all it's food and drink related treats so I am going to restart officially in the new year. I won't be awful - just a few more treats here and there.

Happy Christmas !!

:xmascheers:

Back