Sarah83's New Diary

Glad you had a good time at the party! You deserve to let your hair down!!

Don't jump off the wagon 100% though - imagine how gutted you'll feel if you re-start in January half a stone heavier. I think you should carry on weighing yourself once a week (even if you don't make a note of it on here) just to keep yourself in check. I've been 'off the wagon' for a few weeks now but am still managing to maintain because I keep an eye on my weight. Otherwise out of sight, out of mind, I would no doubt pile on the poundage! I'm still cramming in a fair amount of chocolate, so it is possible to enjoy plenty of treats and not put on weight!

(Hmmm, how did I get so fat to start with then??! maybe it's just that my perception of a 'treat' has changed since I started SW and I can have a handful of celebrations rather than the whole tin! )

I agree. Don't go totally off the wagon, as you will kick yourself for it in the new year, and after all your excellent loses too! Perhaps take a more relaxed attitude to it, and go for the scenic route. But, if I were you, I would still stick to the basic principles of the diet, but throw the odd choccy and cheese in too!

Glad your party went so well, and hope you find the illusive early pictures :). I've ranted about mine. Well, not mine. But y'kno what I mean!

Ok Ok maybe I won't fall off the wagon completely!

And I've put a photo in my avatar as promised (with a trusty glass of vino of course!)

Hi Sarah, you look AMAZING in that photo - check you and your skinny shoulders :)

Not surprised you got a bit tiddled though, that's one big glass of wine!

My work do is on Thursday evening. I'm wearing quite a retro dress (double breasted wiggle number), a little bit forces sweetheart. Not sure what to do with my hair and makeup though, I'm a bit rubbish at getting dressed up! I will post a pic on Friday if there's any that aren't too hideous... I will be driving though so that should save me some syns and some dignity :)

Thank you! Lots of people said I looked nice so that was really lovely. Also one of the girls who is a bit of a long-struggling weight-watcher said I inspired her to try SW (after xmas of course ;)) so that was lovely.

Not sure if it helps but I was a bit stuck on the make-up front too and ended up popping into Boots and buying one of the Christmas sets - Front Cover Make-up Artist in a box.

The one I picked up was £12 and it had all the shadows, mascara, pencil etc including instructions for sparkly smokey eyes. I thought it was fab - and really different to my usual plain, simple makeup. Might be worth having a looksy if you're stuck for ideas...
Can't wait to see a pic of your dress - sounds fab!

Tuesday 14th December

Food for today then... not quite on-plan though at lack of time and variety in the house (for lunch)

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Beans
Cheese (half HEXA)
Clover light

Lunch:
2 small white rolls :eek:
Ham & Branston pickle
French fries

Dinner:
Chicken and potato curry (made using schwartz sachet - less than 5 syns a sachet)
Rice
Naan bread

Snacks etc:
Galaxy caramel
Skinny latte from Cadwalders (probably more than my remaining half HEXA) - but I did give the biccie to my friend

See I'm really not doing very well...

Last edited:
You look gorgeous on your photo, it looks like you had a great time at the party.
I'm struggling to keep on track at the minute, I can't seem to be bothered counting the syns, etc... and I want wine and chocolate ALL the time!!! But I'm going to try to keep to the main principles of SW...just dreading weigh in tonight!

Thanks hun, as you can see I'm really struggling to stay on track too.
I have done a meal plan for the next week though so hopefully will stick to that as much as I can. Main thing I really need to do is make sure I eat enough fruit and veg... which I totally haven't!

Wednesday 15th December

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Tinned cherry toms
Clover light

Lunch:
Buffet in work :eek:

Dinner:
Nothing

Snacks etc:
Doritos, pears

Last edited:
Well I've been feeling a bit out of sorts the last couple of days...
Woke up yesterday feeling really tired, and it lasted all day. So much so I got home just after 6, slept on the sofa until 7.30 then went to bed at 9 without having any dinner!
Today I'm exhausted again and I'm feeling a bit dizzy too - with my head swimming whenever I do something like walk up the stairs .
Very strange - I can't lose another evening tonight - got loads to do!! And the other strange thing is I don't feel ill at all - just tired.
Think I just need time off tbh - I've got tomorrow off, then in all next week finishing at lunchtime xmas eve - then a huge 10 days off. Can't wait!
Think I'm looking forward to the time off more than xmas itself!

Thursday 16th December

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Tinned cherry toms
Clover lighter

Lunch:
Ham salad sandwich on WM bread (bought)
Monstermunch

Dinner:
HM Mushroom risotto using the chicken stock I made the other day. I LOVE making my own stock - it's so satisfying!

Maybe you just need a weekend to relax and catch up after the Christmas party? Hope you feel better soon. The trouble with the Christmas break is that it's never that restful with all the visiting and eating and family big occasions.

I'm having risotto tonight too at my Christmas do - bet it won't be SW-friendly though!! :)

I think I probably do just need a break.
Luckily for us it will be a break - I've done the visit to my Dad so we'll just be spending some time with hubby's family - and they're all together anyway.

Haha can't see your restaurant risotto being very SW friendly either - hope you enjoy it guilt free though, should be scrummy

Hope you feel better soon. It looks like you might have low blood pressure. Have a good rest this weekend but go and see the doctor if you don't feel any better next week x

Or it could just be that I'm ill horrible cough and cold started last night so that prob explains it! Very annoyed as it's the third time I've been poorly this winter. Going to start taking vitamin c and echinacea

Very glad I've got the day off-woken up to a good few inches of snow...grr was supposed to be meeting a friend for shopping. Hubby has made it out, getting a lift with our neighbour. Just hope he gets to work ok

Will probably venture out a bit later to do a bit of shopping...if anythings open!

Sorry to hear you're poorly and that there's more snow - they keep threatening more snow here but nothing yet, I think it's too cold!

Sounds like the perfect excuse not to go shopping and to snuggle up on the sofa :)

Ooh just started snowing again. I really do have a lot to do today. Although currently I am on the sofa watching four Christmases with vince Vaughan and reese witherspoon . Really isn't that great a movie but quite festive I guess!

Yuck I'm still feeling horrible, so phoned in sick today. Trouble is hubby is exactly the same! And we've pinpointed exactly who we caught it off grr.
Plus it's just started snowing again and to make matters worse my tesco delivery due tonight with all my Xmas food has now been cancelled, have warned hubby we may well be eating bolognese out of the freezer for Xmas dinner lol

Back