Sarah83's New Diary

Well my first day on plan has gone pretty well! Ended up using more syns on my meals than I would have liked but all on plan and including my 1/3 superfree too.

Well back in work tomorrow after a lovely long break (well would have been lovely if I hadn't been ill!) But I always find it easier to stay on plan when I'm in work so all good

Hey. Congrats on getting back on the wagon :) I too will be joining you tomorrow, virtually, obviously! Sorry you have to go back to work, I've not had a day off but I know lots of people have the post-festive blues at the minute!

Hope your week goes swimmingly well :) x

Sarah you are looking hot to trot! You go girl! How are you? missed you over last few months, keep me on track please got to look good for my 40th x

Hey hun, missed you too!
We'll all be here to reel you back in honey, after the hard few months you've had! xxx

Well it was mighty tricky dragging myself out of bed this morning... ! No post-Christmas blues quite yet, but give it a few hours ;)
Ah well... onto day 2! Going to stick with Extra Easy all week...
Oh and I REFUSE to count my cough medicine or strepsils as syns. Only having a maximum of 3 doses of each so not all bad...

Tuesday 4th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Beans
Clover light - 1 syn

Lunch:
Salad veggies - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, red pepper
HB eggs
EL Mayo - 0.5 syns

Dinner:
Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
Creme Fraiche - 3 syns
Chips
Olive Oil - 3 syns
Green beans & peas

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 2 (HEXA for milk)
Water
Ginger & Lemon Tea
Sf lemonade
Melon
Apple
Pear
2 slices corned beef - 2 syns
11 maltesers - 5.5 syns

Total Syns: 15

Exercise:
None!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well I had a pretty good day yesterday - apart from maxing my syns on maltesers! After weighing and counting am pleased to find that they're only half a syn each! Pretty good me thinks (sorry prawn for the choc info!)

Still managed to spend loads of syns on dinner... this is not good and has to stop - I need those syns for treats!

Dinner tonight should be minimum syns... unless I experiment a little... Doing a pork stir fry and the pork has been marinating since last night in garlic, ginger, chilli, 5 spice, soy sauce and a little sesame oil (2 syns between the 2 of us). So unless I don't go adding some cornflour, sweet chilli sauce or more sesame oil then I should be ok!

Wednesday 5th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Fruit & Fibre (HEXB)
SS Milk (HEXA - rest used in coffees)

Lunch:
Salad veggies - mixed leaves, cherry toms, red pepper, spring onion, cucumber, and new potatoes
EL Mayo - 0.5 syns

Dinner:
Marinaded pork steaks - 1 syn for sesame oil
Stir fried veggies - mushrooms, peppers, spring onions, red onion
Noodles
0.5 syns for honey in sauce
3 syns for chopped peanuts

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 2
Water
SF squash
SF lemonade
Half a cadburys hot chocolate - 60 kcals / 3 syns
Melon
Pear
Apple
10 maltesers - 5 syns

Total Syns: 13

Exercise: none eek!
Couldn't have my lunchtime walk around town as it was tipping it down. And I'm just too tired when I get home, maybe when my body's back in 'work' mode

Last edited:
Well done for getting back on track. Your menus look really good! I'm going to write my menus for yesterday and today now. I haven't been too bad but i' m struggling not to eat any chocolate (but can't bring myself to get rid of it either!!!) x

Thanks , I definitely have been finding it harder as the week goes on though (she says on day 3!)
Needed those maltesers to keep me going!
I could never get rid of chocolate - what a waste! Are you back at school now?

Prawn - have pinched your idea and made some mini quiche/omelette things... Sauteed pepper, spring onion, mushroom and bacon in muffin tins topped with beaten egg and sliced toms, baked for about 15mins.
Should be good for free snacks over the next couple of days...

Those mini quiches sound good. I haven't made any yet (tonight might well be the night!) but was going to use a 'red pepper and potato square' recipe from one of my SW books - yours looks far healthier though, and avoiding the potato to make it red and green friendly (well, without bacon too!)

Hope the Malteasers didn't attack you last night!

Another 100% day, here we come!!! :)

Limited myself to 5 syns worth of Maltesers ;)

Also made myself half a hot chocolate to keep the syns down! Don't really like the options/highlights as they taste too artificially sweet and watery, so I bought the Cadbury's Instant hot choc over Christmas :eek:

BUT it's only 120kcals a portion - that's 6 syns which I don't think is too bad! So as I'd eaten those darn maltesers I had half a hot choc!! Yum

Still feeling exhausted - not getting into the 'back to work' routine at all. Although a lovely long soak in the bath last night helped me get right to sleep at a decent time :D

Looking forward to the weekend - hubby is doing some overtime on Saturday to help pay for the time he was off sick, so I'm going to have a day to myself - picking up all the Boots sales stuff I bought (Yay can't wait - can't even remember what I ordered!), plus my sis-in-law works in a greengrocers and she's had some jerusalem artichokes in. I've never tried them before so have no idea what they taste like, but watched Nigel Slater cook them the other night and they looked yum.

Basically you scrub them and some potatoes, toss in some oil and loads of lemon juice, roast for about 45 mins, then squeeze on more lemon juice, add some chopped parsley and parmesan shavings. Mmmm definately going to try that one.

Thursday 6th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
Fruit & Fibre (HEXB)
Milk (part of HEXA - rest used in coffee)

Lunch:
Batchelors savoury rice - chicken flavour
Stir fried onion and pepper in soy sauce
Mixed leaves

Dinner:
Breadcrumb chicken goujons - 2.5 syns
Potato wedges
Green beans and carrots
BBQ Sauce & EL Mayo - 2 syns

Snacks/Drinks:
Coffees x 1
1 tsp coffeemate for coffee in work - 1 syn
Water
SF squash
Sf lemonade
Melon
Pear
Satsumas
4 mini quiches
2 Maltesers - 1 syn

Total Syns: 6.5

Exercise: 1 hour walking around town

Last edited:
Well done on resisting the malteasers and having a half hot chocolate!

I'm not a big fan of jerusalem artichokes. They look like witches' fingers! I always found that after all the peeling, they don't taste of much. Maybe the parmesan will enhance them - I'm sure Nigel Slater can make anything nice!

Hooray for internet sales shopping! I have some s****y skincare goodies on order - new year's resolution to take a bit more care in my appearance. She says, months overdue a haircut... I've never stuck to any cleansing, toning, moisturising routine, but think I probably should, the frown lines aren't getting any smaller ;)

Also ordered some goodies from Hotel Chocolat, slabs of chocolate one third of the usual price because it's wreath shaped. Bargain, it won't be festive-shaped for long in my house :)

I'm not a big fan of jerusalem artichokes. They look like witches' fingers! I always found that after all the peeling, they don't taste of much. Maybe the parmesan will enhance them - I'm sure Nigel Slater can make anything nice!

I've never tried them before so really don't have a clue how they'll taste! He didn't peel them though, just scrubbed them... and I'm hoping the lemon juice will enhance the flavour! I dunno - will give it a go!

new year's resolution to take a bit more care in my appearance. She says, months overdue a haircut...

I'm the same - but concentrating on my skin for now - am making sure I have a nightly face routine (am pretty good in the mornings), plus moisturise all over every day - as opposed to about twice a week if I was good!
I know I wouldn't stick to anything I say about my hair - I'm terrible. I never do anything with it normally - just stick it up in a ponytail. And I'm about 2 months overdue for a cut!

Also ordered some goodies from Hotel Chocolat, slabs of chocolate one third of the usual price because it's wreath shaped. Bargain, it won't be festive-shaped for long in my house :)

I may have to have a peek at this. Was looking before Christmas in John Lewis at Hotel Chocolat - never tried it before but it looked so good :drool:

Well I had my walk around town, and managed to resist reduced pannettone's and pandoro cakes in the deli :angel09:

I also popped into John Lewis to check out the reduced stuff (read - Hotel Chocolat stuff to see if it's reduced - thanks prawn!!).
Nothing I fancied (and no reduced chocs phew!) but I did treat myself to a new small 20cm non-stick frying pan - a Circulon one for £16. Quite cheap really. We bought a set of Circulon pans with our wedding money (going on for 5 years ago now) and they really are fantastic pans! But I use the little frying pan near daily so It had obviously had it's day!

Just tucking into my rice and veggies - yum!

I've never tried them before so really don't have a clue how they'll taste! He didn't peel them though, just scrubbed them... and I'm hoping the lemon juice will enhance the flavour! I dunno - will give it a go!

I'm the same - but concentrating on my skin for now - am making sure I have a nightly face routine (am pretty good in the mornings), plus moisturise all over every day - as opposed to about twice a week if I was good!
I know I wouldn't stick to anything I say about my hair - I'm terrible. I never do anything with it normally - just stick it up in a ponytail. And I'm about 2 months overdue for a cut!

I may have to have a peek at this. Was looking before Christmas in John Lewis at Hotel Chocolat - never tried it before but it looked so good :drool:

OMG! Maybe if you keep mentioning your new beauty regimes they will rub off on me - i never find time to pamper

Hotel Chocolat...omg now i have to go and have a peek but no buying...

Back